2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Basti must be being considered. While he isn't a pressure forward, he's similar to JL in that he can have an impact up forward but could be a very handy rotation in the middle. Also has finals experience.
After spending an extended period in the NEAFL, he was given an opportunity fairly late in the year last year and severely struggled with the pace of the game and looked out of his league, I would be surprised if he was given the nod. Sorry BRAB!

Yep Matho would be my call too. Nick Robertson as a left field choice too.
Nick Robbo seems to have really fallen of the radar as far as seniors selection goes, he's OOC, I really hope he gets an extension, love what he brings to our club, it would be a shame to see the likes of him and Lewy Taylor who have been around through the dark years move on.

Footy list management is brutal.:'(

Nick Robbo seems to have really fallen of the radar as far as seniors selection goes, he's OOC, I really hope he gets an extension, love what he brings to our club, it would be a shame to see the likes of him and Lewy Taylor who have been around through the dark years move on.

He has a bit. I just like his pressure game and his tackling and would be interested to see how it’d go up forward. I don’t think he’s that near senior selection though so probably unlikely

Seem to have been playing Robbo in the centre & forward more so there might be a plan for him moving forward.
I thought that him moving further up the ground was about him getting his hands on the ball a bit more often?
Because playing in defence in the NEAFL is a bit of a means to an end at the moment.

MmhpC5P.png

Te4aNfh.png

Well said Jason

I blame the AFL for putting in unnecessary restrictions like list size. I reckon teams should be able to carry as many players as they want, provided they all get at least the league minimum salary and collectively are within the cap.
Most leagues have limits to squad and list size. EPL, NBA, NFL, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEAFL TEAMS: Round 21
Saturday, August 24, 2019

Sydney Swans (3rd) v Brisbane Lions (1st) at Tramway Oval, 10.15am

SYDNEY

B:
51. R Barkley 6. J Thurlow 48. M Knoll
HB: 16. Z Foot 47. T Pink 52. E Gulden
C: 32. J Bell 1. J Rose 27. J McInerney
HF: 60. S Gaden 46. J Amartey 57. M Geddes
F: 17. D Cameron 41. H McLean 4. R Clarke
R: 35. S Naismith 45. S Wicks 19. M Ling
Int: 55. C Kilpatrick 54. K Martin 53. K McKellar 50. S Thorne 58. R van Huisstede
Emg: 56. M Rossmann

In: 32. J Bell 52. E Gulden 55. C Kilpatrick 57. M Geddes 4. R Clarke 54. K Martin 60. S Gaden 35. S Naismith
Out: 49. C Hirst 33. R Stoddart 56. C Flanagan (all injured) 55. B Campbell 52. N Brewer 54. J Barling 60. H Ellem 57. L Parks (all omitted)
New: 52. E Gulden

BRISBANE

B:
26. T Cutler 41. M Eagles 35. R Lester
HB: 19. J Allison 40. J Payne 18. N Robertson
C: 22. M Hinge 8. E Smith 34. T Wooller
HF: 38. C Ballenden 47. T Fullarton 1. B Keays
F: 4. R Bastinac 21. S Skinner 13. T Berry
R: 44. A Smith 45. C McFadyen 39. C Lyons
Int (from): 43. N Answerth 33. Z Bailey 20. C Cox 36. R Mathieson 16. C Rayner 37. B Starcevich 28. L Taylor 14. J Walker
Emg: 51. K Coleman 53. N Cumberland 42. J Madden 52. W Martyn

In: 43. N Answerth 16. C Rayner 33. Z Bailey
Out: Nil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back