2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And some didnt want to draft him. The kid can play
I don't recall anyone posting that they didn't want to draft him, however, some were questioning whether we'd reach for him.

Either way, I was elated when we called his name out on draft night when we did.

Well there were comments we are only drafting him because he is Jarrod's brother. But he was good in the state championship, in my opinion I couldnt believe he drifted so far.

Well there were comments we are only drafting him because he is Jarrod's brother. But he was good in the state championship, in my opinion I couldnt believe he drifted so far.
No he wasn't. He was played out of position as a small defender, to play on the oppositions best small forwards, and he played injured. There was a lot of criticism from draft watchers and those who follow and watch GWV that he was being played out of position, and being given a fair chance to show what he can really do, playing as an inside mid who can go forward.

IIRC he was described as hard as a cats head like his brother but with more pace and skills.
The question on Tom during his draft year was his disposal by foot and decision making.

I said it last year, Tom is basically a bigger version of Zac Bailey, with the ability to go forward and kick goals. He attacks the contest at speed, and exits the contest at speed, and has elite agility. Like many inside mids, has had a tendency to bomb the ball forward, rather than lowering the eyes and looking for other options.

No he wasn't. He was played out of position as a small defender, to play on the oppositions best small forwards, and he played injured. There was a lot of criticism from draft watchers and those who follow and watch GWV that he was being played out of position, and being given a fair chance to show what he can really do, playing as an inside mid who can go forward.s.

We should send a box of chocolates to Tom's state championship team coach. Seems he did us a big favour - if he'd played Tom in his best position we may well have missed out on drafting him.

No he wasn't. He was played out of position as a small defender, to play on the oppositions best small forwards, and he played injured. There was a lot of criticism from draft watchers and those who follow and watch GWV that he was being played out of position, and being given a fair chance to show what he can really do, playing as an inside mid who can go forward.

The question on Tom during his draft year was his disposal by foot and decision making.

I said it last year, Tom is basically a bigger version of Zac Bailey, with the ability to go forward and kick goals. He attacks the contest at speed, and exits the contest at speed, and has elite agility. Like many inside mids, has had a tendency to bomb the ball forward, rather than lowering the eyes and looking for other options.
Pretty sure l remember early on in the Championship before he injured his wrist slamming into the post that he was regularly named in the bests and doing very well. Initiallly l thought he would be between pick 7-25. Did slide a lot tho

Pretty sure l remember early on in the Championship before he injured his wrist slamming into the post that he was regularly named in the bests and doing very well. Initiallly l thought he would be between pick 7-25. Did slide a lot tho
OK I think I'm getting confused with you calling the TAC Cup the Championships. I thought you were referring to the U18 Championships.

He was bog in an early game

There are some nice passages of play in that footage but my eyes must be painted on because I can't tell who is who for the life of me.
Thought the same thing; could tell who kicked a couple of the goals, Keays, Berry and Allison and who the players were from a couple of passages of play but for the most part, had no idea what was going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are some nice passages of play in that footage but my eyes must be painted on because I can't tell who is who for the life of me.
Not sure who it was? But someone showed a lot of pace through the centre of the ground there at the start of the clip! Cox, maybe? Really hard to tell!

Not sure who it was? But someone showed a lot of pace through the centre of the ground there at the start of the clip! Cox, maybe? Really hard to tell!

Funny kicking action could be Madden

Might have been Allison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back