2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Lester on fire with 33 tackles and another 2 just for good measure!

“Ryan Bastinac led by example in Saturday afternoon’s win against the Gold Coast, with 38 disposals, one goal and four tackles. Allen Christensen had 33 disposals and six tackles. Ryan Lester also had 33 tackles and two tackles.

NEAFL: Senior players leading the way
http://m.lions.com.au/news/2019-06-11/neafl-senior-players-leading-the-way.mobileapp

Bonus tackles.
It's the ones he got under the mulitball rule the AFL is trialling when for 2 mins a QTR two balls are on the field at the time. He managed 2 mulitball tackles by tackling 2 ball carriers at once. Machine

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It’s frustrating but also a good thing that our 2018 draftees can work away in the NEAFL. The frustration is that we are so used to one or two going straight in and ‘developing’ before our eyes in the firsts. Look forward to another ore-season under the belts and placing some real pressure on making a debut.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
It’s frustrating but also a good thing that our 2018 draftees can work away in the NEAFL. The frustration is that we are so used to one or two going straight in and ‘developing’ before our eyes in the firsts. Look forward to another ore-season under the belts and placing some real pressure on making a debut.
It is a concern though that the NEAFL side is destroying opposition sides and we are not getting close hard contests, makes the jump up to AFL extremely hard for the guys. You can understand why they struggle first up in the seniors, the younger guys particularly need a good run of games to show their true worth.

ldLSvfk.png

WvgXgpk.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It is a concern though that the NEAFL side is destroying opposition sides and we are not getting close hard contests, makes the jump up to AFL extremely hard for the guys. You can understand why they struggle first up in the seniors, the younger guys particularly need a good run of games to show their true worth.
That is a problem.. Although even if we have AFL reserves with injuries you end up playing a side with 14-16 listed players and 6-8 of them 1st year rookies.

I do not think it helps us vs VIC/SA and WA where their 2nd level is a lot better.
So we give guys normally 2-3 weeks to adjust for speed which is not great to find out if they ready or not

Starcevich used the ball very well in the ones last year he just didn't get very much of it.

If he states to accumulate in the seconds that'll be huuuuuge.

Also bastinac dabs on the haters with another 38 disposals so he's definitely still a good player

Those R50 numbers suggest he is being used off the HBF? I'd guess he is competing with Answerth/Bailey for a spot and the other small defenders - Rich/Hodge/Witherden/Hodge/Lester

I could see us lining up against the Dees with:

Hodge Andrews Adams
Starc Gardiner Witherden
Martin Lyons Berry
McCluggage Neale Robinson
Zorko Hipwood Cameron
Rayner Mcstay McCarthy
Int: Bailey Answorth Matho, Rich

Tell you what, that was a lot harder to write than I thought. Looks full of talent.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
cannot see Adams back for a while you think he need to have a good run in the NEAFL after being out for so long. played rounds 14-19 2018 coming back from injury even then.

Starc I like back sooner then later seems pretty smart with the ball.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I could see us lining up against the Dees with:

Hodge Andrews Adams
Starc Gardiner Witherden
Martin Lyons Berry
McCluggage Neale Robinson
Zorko Hipwood Cameron
Rayner Mcstay McCarthy
Int: Bailey Answorth Matho, Rich

Tell you what, that was a lot harder to write than I thought. Looks full of talent.

Bailey will need a week or two especially after doing the hammy twice.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bailey will need a week or two especially after doing the hammy twice.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm accounting for a week in NEAFL when we play the Saints then getting recalled for the Dees.

This should have been in a different thread though - apologies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back