2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I sometimes wonder how we'll keep all these kids when they cant break into the seniors...Most of them will surely start looking for consistency elsewhere?

Back our drafting to get the replacements hopefully. Drafting late bloomers / overagers which could provide that age balance. Answerth was a good pick this year, need more of them.

Back our drafting to get the replacements hopefully. Drafting late bloomers / overagers which could provide that age balance. Answerth was a good pick this year, need more of them.
We are developing a tremendous record of taking draft sliders that come good ie. kids who drop down the order due to injury in their draft year.

We are developing a tremendous record of taking draft sliders that come good ie. kids who drop down the order due to injury in their draft year.

Keeping tabs on x-academy would be a nice option too, to get mature rookies in our list.
Wylie Buzza and Declan Watson are out of contract this year, could be rookie'd if either of them get delisted.

Keeping tabs on x-academy would be a nice option too, to get mature rookies in our list.
Wylie Buzza and Declan Watson are out of contract this year, could be rookie'd if either of them get delisted.
Mabior Chol looking quite good as well. I haven't seen anything of Watson but Buzza looked handy when in the Cats side.

One I was thinking about last night.

We’ll probably have a better balance in our NEAFL list next season, where our kids can play more often in their “natural” positions. And

How’s this sort of recruiting beneficial culturally for our club? Clogging up our list with failed rookies from other clubs at the expense of drafting on talent. There was a reason why bids were not matched on these players and being delisted provides an element of vindication for our recruiters.
Talent should be the primary measure for being on our list, not being an ex academy guy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Archie nailed a GWS lad in a tackle in the first minute.... Mummy like.... Could that be the strength of Archie in the future? Physicality?
When he last got a real run in the 1sts I remember his tackling and handballing in traffic both being impressive.

Our midfield is probably a similar quality as theirs. Hopefully they make us work for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back