2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Cox needs a licensed to be more selfish. Similar to Cameron in the seniors

Bastinac the standout player to take Mitch's spot for mine. His disposal by foot is great. Leading possession winner, two goals plus a goal assist. Replaces experience with experience, going on the first half, I think he is the obvious choice. Has versatility, can play inside, outside and go forward and score.

Just letting you all know that if Basti forces his way back into the side and is instrumental in winning us an AFL finals game you all will literally never hear the end of it.

Yeah Bastinac would be a safe choice. His experience will make it a lot easier to adapt to the tempo and learn Mitch’s role.

Just letting you all know that if Basti forces his way back into the side and is instrumental in winning us an AFL finals game you all will literally never hear the end of it.

So confused. Do I believe you about Basti or Dylan about Cutler?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you say that

I feel like the BRAB fanfic has been rewritten:

Hero faces a loss (v Richmond)

Hero rebuilds with the help of an old friend (Bastinac)

Hero overcomes mini boss to finally get a shot at redemption (Collingwood)

Hero finally defeats the overlord (Richmond) and a victory for the ages is celebrated.

The NEAFL comp is honestly farcical in that we've played the majority of the year with a solid core of 18-20 players, yet come the GF, because we're playing Southport we have to bring in 6-7 Academy / top up players and omit 6 players from today's team all to accommodate "the rules", effectively giving Southport a massive advantage to our detriment.

Honestly it kind of sucks that we can only play 16 listed players in the final.

What's the fun in the NEAFL if we can't stomp Southport

As a fellow Gold Coaster, I agree wholeheartedly.

The NEAFL comp is honestly farcical in that we've played the majority of the year with a solid core of 18-20 players, yet come the GF, because we're playing Southport we have to bring in 6-7 Academy / top up players and omit 6 players from today's team all to accommodate "the rules", effectively giving Southport a massive advantage to our detriment.
Especially when some of them haven't even played much at all.

Honestly it kind of sucks that we can only play 16 listed players in the final.

What's the fun in the NEAFL if we can't stomp Southport
Having a very premature crack at this exercise, a tough one mind you, but my chosen squad of 17 (one to come out for the injured Mitch Robinson) for the GF would be:

Keays, Bastinac, Berry, Walker, Robertson, Cox, Skinner, Cutler, Taylor, Lester, Mathieson, Starcevich, Ballenden, Lyons, Payne, Smith, Eagles.

Effectively my outs from today's game are: Eli Smith, Hinge, Wooller, Fullarton, McFadyen and Allison and Joyce and Madden also wouldn't be considered.

Some guys are going to be really stiff to miss.

Yep, ridiculous rule particularly when the seniors will be playing this weekend as well, Southport are a big chance to beat us in the GF and spoil an undefeated season, there'll probably be 3-4 players playing with us that haven't played with us all season considering how little injuries we've had this year.

Yep, ridiculous rule particularly when the seniors will be playing this weekend as well, Southport are a big chance to beat us in the GF and spoil an undefeated season, there'll probably be 3-4 players playing with us that haven't played with us all season considering how little injuries we've had this year.
Coleman is the only academy / top up player that has consistently played for us that I know off the top of my head.

I know 4-5 others have played the odd game here and there, but it is ridiculous that they have to come in and potentially get a medal despite barely contributing the team all year.

Mr Ripper who would you think are the other 5-6 players academy / top up players that will likely come in (Coleman is an obvious in)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back