List Mgmt. 2019 List Changes, Contract Status, Draft Picks Etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond and West Coast have shown that you can win a Premiership with mediocre rucks if the rest of the team is stacked with guns.
... Grundy wants a grandfather deal.
Pies should approach Gold Coast, see if they’re interested in giving Grundy his 7 years at 1.2 million... we Ben King (who will be an absolute freak of a full forward and who will return back to Melbourne at the end of 2020) and their number 1 pick who will be an absolute freak of a midfielder.
Every body wins.
Grundy gets his coveted 7 years.
Suns get a marquee and a shred of relevance.
We get salary cap relief, a proper key forward and a replacement for Pendlebury.
Cox/Cameron can ruck.
No. Brainer.

Also, while we are at it, give Scharenberg the flick whilst he has currency.
A second round pick from the Crows ought to do it... ie pick 20ish.

Don't rate Ned Guy at this stage. May aswell have just kept Dekka

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I don't really know how it works, but I would have assumed that he was like a HR contract manager, someone who decides how much we can pay, but doesn't have hiring or firing rights. I would have assumed it was a football departmet decision.

Richmond and West Coast have shown that you can win a Premiership with mediocre rucks if the rest of the team is stacked with guns.
... Grundy wants a grandfather deal.
Pies should approach Gold Coast, see if they’re interested in giving Grundy his 7 years at 1.2 million... we Ben King (who will be an absolute freak of a full forward and who will return back to Melbourne at the end of 2020) and their number 1 pick who will be an absolute freak of a midfielder.
Every body wins.
Grundy gets his coveted 7 years.
Suns get a marquee and a shred of relevance.
We get salary cap relief, a proper key forward and a replacement for Pendlebury.
Cox/Cameron can ruck.
No. Brainer.

Why would Gold Coast want a ruck? Their captain is an excellent ruck. Also, no way Grundy goes somewhere he doesn’t want to. If he goes anywhere it’s adelaide.

Why would Gold Coast want a ruck? Their captain is an excellent ruck. Also, no way Grundy goes somewhere he doesn’t want to. If he goes anywhere it’s adelaide.
So, if Witts/Grundy are same/same why would we consider 7 years at 1.2 million? That’s insanity.
It’s likely that recruiters will come asking.... and.... we should listen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally wonder when Stepho is going to request a big contract. Won't be long imo.

Still think his ceiling is so ridiculously high.

Won't be for Awhile after his Betting this season

I thought the Pies already extended Stephenson,s contract during his 1st yr I think he has 2 further yrs already but we lost half a season through foolishness.

End of 2021 season he comes off contract so we probably need him extended before 2020 season is over or we face another circus.

Lets face it...after GF day WE ARE THE ONLY CIRCUS IN TOWN....its how the media works!
They have to do something till the big bash....so they cook Collingwood EVERY YEAR....it's getting boring already!!!

Swells dropped....can you tell?

So, if Witts/Grundy are same/same why would we consider 7 years at 1.2 million? That’s insanity.
It’s likely that recruiters will come asking.... and.... we should listen.

Not same/same. Just that Witts has committed and is a captain. And he’s good.

So they have no great need for Grundy and to take him would undermine exactly the thing they’re trying to build - loyalty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back