List Mgmt. 2019 List Changes, Contract Status, Draft Picks Etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, impressive, so he won the rising star award before being drafted? Hahaha
Yeah haha my bad. I thought the year of the draft corresponded to the upcoming (next) season rather than the year the draft actually was in.

Yeah haha my bad. I thought the year of the draft corresponded to the upcoming (next) season rather than the year the draft actually was in.
That is how it works with the (end of year) Rookie Draft, as well as the Pre-Season Draft. The Rookie Draft held late last year was the 2019 RD, the one coming up soon will be the 2020 RD.

Doubt it mate. DeGoey was a proper banana 2 years in a row and still shook down a decent contract offer. Stevo will be get serious bread in his next contract.

That'll depend on term I'd reckon.

Assume he progresses the way we all expect.
That'll depend on term I'd reckon.

On a quick look at his CV we have the 2017 rising star winner, 62 goals in his first 40 games and relatively strong disposal numbers for his position. He's probably worth 35 - 40 goals for us next year and may have a more expanded role on the HFF. Obviously a hugely important player for our structure up forward and could become more important if Elliott decides to leave.

Next deal is likely to be 3 years, north of 600K you'd assume.

On a quick look at his CV we have the 2017 rising star winner, 62 goals in his first 40 games and relatively strong disposal numbers for his position. He's probably worth 35 - 40 goals for us next year and may have a more expanded role on the HFF. Obviously a hugely important player for our structure up forward and could become more important if Elliott decides to leave.

Next deal is likely to be 3 years, north of 600K you'd assume.

I'd have thought 2 years and south of $600k. Sets him up for a big deal as he's hitting his prime.

I'd have thought 2 years and south of $600k. Sets him up for a big deal as he's hitting his prime.
I don't have much idea about actual figures. But if Stephonson progresses the way I expect him to, he'll get himself on very big money.

I don't have much idea about actual figures. But if Stephonson progresses the way I expect him to, he'll get himself on very big money.

Needs to improve his physicality if he's to climb into the very top bracket for mine. Does that and he could well force his way into the top 1/2 dozen earners at the club.

Needs to improve his physicality if he's to climb into the very top bracket for mine. Does that and he could well force his way into the top 1/2 dozen earners at the club.
I doubt physicality will ever be a strong suit, but he'll do blokes with pace, agility and speed of thought. Does need to get stronger though so he can slip a tackle and use his pace more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt physicality will ever be a strong suit, but he'll do blokes with pace, agility and speed of thought. Does need to get stronger though so he can slip a tackle and use his pace more often.

I'm not expecting Pants or Rowdy level physicality but occasionally he needs to actually touch an opponent to bring defensive pressure, maybe even stick an occasional tackle instead of being so easily evaded.

Slightly confused,as always, but I have two questions:
1) Is the deadline to delist player’s November 11?
2) When can we expect to hear some news on delistings?
Thanks in advance.

Slightly confused,as always, but I have two questions:
1) Is the deadline to delist player’s November 11?
2) When can we expect to hear some news on delistings?
Thanks in advance.
By Oct 31 delistments must make known, since the Free Delistment agency starts Nov 1

Changes ahead of the first list lodgement. Crocker, Murray and Dunn delisted, Lynch promoted.

Daniel Wells and Tyson Goldsack have retired, with Ben Crocker, Lynden Dunn and rookie Sam Murray not offered new contracts.
With James Aish traded to Fremantle, Darcy Cameron recruited from Sydney and Max Lynch promoted from the rookie list to the primary list for 2020 the club will take three selections into next month’s AFL national draft.
Dunn, who is nearing the end of his recovery from a knee reconstruction, will continue to train with the AFL squad over the pre-season in the hope of winning a return as a rookie.
The veteran defender was delisted on the understanding that he will nominate for the national and pre-season drafts and be considered for a position as a Collingwood rookie if he is overlooked in both.

Crocker certainly but surprised Broomhead and Magden remain.

I don't mind him when he gets to the point of playing AFL but 7 years in for 36 games.... Broomhead is lucky he's mates with Grundy.

Magden offers little at AFL level and has no real attributes apart from his leadership down back. Why keep Magden when there are more capable KPD like Fletcher Roberts or Josh Walker out there that can be gotten for nothing??

Crocker certainly but surprised Broomhead and Magden remain.

I don't mind him when he gets to the point of playing AFL but 7 years in for 36 games.... Broomhead is lucky he's mates with Grundy.

Magden offers little at AFL level and has no real attributes apart from his leadership down back. Why keep Magden when there are more capable KPD like Fletcher Roberts or Josh Walker out there that can be gotten for nothing??
Madgen has one more year as a Category B rookie, so the advantage is he doesn't take a list spot.

Madgen has one more year as a Category B rookie, so the advantage is he doesn't take a list spot.

Yeah I see that but for mine he has no more development left in him that will see him play good football on a Hawkins or Lynch.... and I'd much rather Howe, Scharenberg, Langdon play on the Darling or Membrey sized forward.

Cut our loses and get another Cat B rookie in if need be

I could have delisted twice as many players, how bad is this draft

So senior list 5 players out Wells, Goldsack, Aish, Dunn, Crocker.
In Cameron & Lynch upgrade.
So 3 list places available for draft.

Rookies:
Cat A Out Murray, Lynch
Remaining Mihocek, Broomhead, Appleby, Keane, Noble, Dunn?
Cat B Tohill, Magden, Wilson

If we redraft Dunn, then no room for anymore rookies.
we will have 6 Cat A & 3 Cat B.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back