VFL 2019 List Changes for VFL Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a Few Re-Signings

Hopeful we'll snavel Jok or Wellings with pick 57 (if they last that long) given it doesn't seem to have any points value for FS & NGA players.

Makes sense - the below might mean things are a bit disrupted with signings at the moment too

Guess who was in Charge of that was not doing a Good Job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think Claye Beams will come across to our VFL team next year?

I doubt it. There's only a small amount of money you get to spend in a situation like ours. Our strategy has, more or less, been for a number of years to bring in a core group of players, keep them together and only selectively target new acquisitions who fill out a deficiency in the VFL, while cultivating links with local and VAFA clubs to develop prospects with substantial scope for improvement who perhaps haven't come onto the radar of AFL recruiters. Jok is the current example of that, Rupert Wills a past example.

Now if, say, an Alex Woodward was to move on, then that would change things. But I imagine that our salary cap will be allocated to more or less to keeping the current list together, barring unavoidable departures here and there...

Because he took there Spot
The players seemed fairly engaged to me this year. I think creating the position for Chris Dixon is rewarding a well liked and hardworking employee, as well as building on the strength of player engagement that has developed over the last 18 months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back