VFL 2019 List Changes for VFL Pies

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just heard we have taken Sam Glover from West Preston as our 23rd player.

He won the B&F this year and is a tall defender apparently.

Last edited:
May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Just heard we have taken Sam Glover from West Preston as our 23rd player.

He won the B&F this year and is a tall defender apparently.

I would have thought a tall defender was the last thing we needed? I would be looking for outside pace and skill and small forwards.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would have thought a tall defender was the last thing we needed? I would be looking for outside pace and skill and small forwards.

I thought the same especially after McClarty going and Kelly being picked up.

He is a top up player so we might not see much of him.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
We need a Hore replacement down back

I'd be looking for growth (sorry) and development in both Murphy and T Brown in the shorter term. I also think we'll see more of Goldsack playing KPD in the VFL than at senior level in 2019 with the returns of Moore and Dunn. Madgen is also probably better suited to a 3rd tall role.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
In the last 5 years I think only Wills, Hore and Jok have made it from our VFL team onto AFL lists.... contrast that with Williamstown who had 3 this year alone. And teams like Port Melbourne who seem to deliver a mature age AFL recruit most years

I think the key to attracting top VFL talent is to show them a well trodden pathway on to an AFL list. Unfortunately we are being beaten to the punch on that by other VFL teams.

That's why i think it's a shame we have stuck with the likes of Oxley on our rookie list rather than taking the salary hit but then rookie a VFL player like Hore sooner.

In the last 5 years I think only Wills, Hore and Jok have made it from our VFL team onto AFL lists.... contrast that with Williamstown who had 3 this year alone. And teams like Port Melbourne who seem to deliver a mature age AFL recruit most years

I think the key to attracting top VFL talent is to show them a well trodden pathway on to an AFL list. Unfortunately we are being beaten to the punch on that by other VFL teams.

That's why i think it's a shame we have stuck with the likes of Oxley on our rookie list rather than taking the salary hit but then rookie a VFL player like Hore sooner.

What about Tom Couch?

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

Problem is that there are more opportunities to stand out at a stand alone club

Problem is that there are more opportunities to stand out at a stand alone club

and he can play in his best Position and not where we would put him to cover for list Gap's

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Didn't Elliott play some VFL before we drafted him? Coming off an injury interrupted year.

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Didn't Elliott play some VFL before we drafted him? Coming off an injury interrupted year.

I pretty sure he did as a 23rd Man from the Bushrangers

Correct, in 2010.

Played for the Murray Bushrangers in the TAC Cup 18s, and played two matches for Collingwood’s VFL team as a top-up player (against Box Hill and North Ballarat) in the middle of the season.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/player-profile/jamie-elliott

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
An old friend has lobbed back in Victoria. With the enemy.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
An old friend has lobbed back in Victoria. With the enemy.

Obviously not friends if he chose them over us MB.
Makes it seem very unlikely he'll be returning to Collingwood (AFL) any time soon. If we do get to bring in a replacement for Murray on our list it's not likely to be Marsh!

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Makes it seem very unlikely he'll be returning to Collingwood (AFL) any time soon. If we do get to bring in a replacement for Murray on our list it's not likely to be Marsh!

Depending on the Murray outcome, w could still take Marsh via the SPP or mid-season draft.

Back