Analysis 2019 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither he or Sinclair are locks IMO as they could both improve significantly in certain aspects of their game. I don't think one is better than the other but Sinclair did get a bit of a head start on Naismith by getting the sole ruck duties for a whole season while Naismith was on the sidelines.
So who is our ruck then? Cameron.

At least one of Sinclair or Naismith is in the side.

So who is our ruck then? Cameron.

At least one of Sinclair or Naismith is in the side.

Agreed, you need a full time ruck. Whether we need two is another question though. I'd personally go Sinclair in the ruck so we can play Menzel forward.

Menzel is no certainty to feature early in the season.

It’s worth keeping in mind that we didn’t exactly go hard for him in the trade period (this year or last year) and that we only picked him up with a last-minute lifeline. From all reports no other clubs were overly interested, either.

He has some glaring deficiencies in his game that will need to be seriously improved before Horse and co consider him for senior selection.

It’s worth keeping in mind that we didn’t exactly go hard for him in the trade period (this year or last year) and that we only picked him up with a last-minute lifeline. From all reports no other clubs were overly interested, either.

He has some glaring deficiencies in his game that will need to be seriously improved before Horse and co consider him for senior selection.

Thanks Master Coach

Menzel doesn't fit in with us, can kick goals from anywhere and pinpoints targets by foot, not Swans like at all! If Menzel is fit he plays IMO, seems very determined to make this contract count, change of scene will work for him.

I'd like to see Gold Passes thrown away, players get games on what they can do this week, not what they've done previous seasons. I've rewatched some games from this year, COR was mighty impressive, just has to be a starter if he carries his senior game form into 2019. Move Mills to the midfield, Jones too, much better he breaks away and carries from the centre square rather than FB/HB.

And that my friend is why we struggle to kick 70 points a game. We need goalkickers, Menzel kicks goals. He plays, I'd rather him in the side than another ruck who contributes nothing around the ground. Yeah Menzel's defence isn't elite but his other things make up for it. You have to score goals to win games of football you know.

LOL

Injury free he is comfortably in our best 22

And that my friend is why we struggle to kick 70 points a game. We need goalkickers, Menzel kicks goals. He plays, I'd rather him in the side than another ruck who contributes nothing around the ground. Yeah Menzel's defence isn't elite but his other things make up for it. You have to score goals to win games of football you know.

The thing is I think our forward line would not be bad if they a. were used properly b. had a midfield giving them even half decent service. I mean Papley, Ronke and Hayward often were not treated as forwards in 2018, with Longmire clearly trying to add strings to their bow by playing them in the midfield, and I just don't think this works. Franklin, Ronke, Papley and Hayward all working together could have been a strong forward line.

I guess the concern was without the 3 forwards help the midfield would have gotten the ball into the forward line even less. Did not help that the Swans were carrying Hannebery, Jack and sometimes Rohan for most of the season, and carrying 2 or 3 players who should not be there is going to lose teams a lot of games.

The thing is I think our forward line would not be bad if they a. were used properly b. had a midfield giving them even half decent service. I mean Papley, Ronke and Hayward often were not treated as forwards in 2018, with Longmire clearly trying to add strings to their bow by playing them in the midfield, and I just don't think this works. Franklin, Ronke, Papley and Hayward all working together could have been a strong forward line.

I guess the concern was without the 3 forwards help the midfield would have gotten the ball into the forward line even less. Did not help that the Swans were carrying Hannebery, Jack and sometimes Rohan for most of the season, and carrying 2 or 3 players who should not be there is going to lose teams a lot of games.

Could be an idea to leave forwards in the forwardline it tends to help!

Hopefully now that we have some straight up midfielders like Clarke, Mills, Rowbottom, who aren’t crippled and/or ageing, we might stand a chance at having a midfield that consisting of purely mids and a forward line consisting of purely forwards. Who knows though, Horse loves his hybrid types!

Hopefully now that we have some straight up midfielders like Clarke, Mills, Rowbottom, who aren’t crippled and/or ageing, we might stand a chance at having a midfield that consisting of purely mids and a forward line consisting of purely forwards. Who knows though, Horse loves his hybrid types!

Horse is a strong advocate for the "jack of all trades, master of none" philosophy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well North Melbourne selected an inside mid and proceeded to play him at half back, and then wondered why he wasn't great.

Yep and we did the similar thing with Titch who has won the Brownlow playing in the middle.

The only thing I hope is we leave our forwards in the forwardline and we move the ball on quickly. If we lose doing this so be it

LOL

Injury free he is comfortably in our best 22
LOL.. are we talking about someone like Mitchell?

We’re talking about a delisted free agent. He will debut round 5 if 100% fit. Either goes on to great things from there or disappears into oblivion. High chance he’ll be delisted again without another afl game. We’re not a charity, and we’re not that desperate.

Yep and we did the similar thing with Titch who has won the Brownlow playing in the middle.

The only thing I hope is we leave our forwards in the forwardline and we move the ball on quickly. If we lose doing this so be it
Doesn’t matter if you have 18 forwards our whole issue has been defensive transition. We were inept through the middle of the ground which is why our forwards kept getting sucked up. Hopefully with our new found depth we can have COR, Dawson etc running down the wings, and some young legs running through the middle in jones, Clarke, ronke, Mills etc

Yep his glaring deficiency is he kicks goals. Consistently. Better to have a defensive forward who cant kick beyond 35 metres like Jack. No wonder we struggle to kick more than 12 goals a match. Way to go.

Its this kind of wildly reckless thinking that can have us plummeting towards playing attractive football.
Essendon have been playing attractive football for the past 3 seasons and are still s**t. West coast won the GF with a horrid looking brand.

What good is entertainment if it means s**t all results. Give me a 2005 game plan that wins the grand final rather than exciting footy that gets us 9th any day

Yep his glaring deficiency is he kicks goals. Consistently. Better to have a defensive forward who cant kick beyond 35 metres like Jack. No wonder we struggle to kick more than 12 goals a match. Way to go.
Geelong must be stupid for persisting with a player who consistently kicks goals. There’s more to footy... how simplistic can you possibly get

Remove this Banner Ad

Back