Analysis 2019 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a brand new midfield group. Last week we were patting ourselves on the back because they thumped the Giants, now we're complaining how bad they are. Lets give them at least 3 games together before writing them off.

Also just saying, I don't want the Swans to be at their best for the first 10 games of the season. 2004 Saints won 10 in a row, 2016 North won their first 9. Did either of them win the cup?

It will take longer than 3 games. Hell, it might even take a whole season. We’re essentially asking a 22 yr old, a 21 yr old and a 20 yr old to take over the reins from three blokes who had 7 All Australian selections between them. I think they’ll get there but it will take some time. All we can do is hope to see signs that Horse is willing to change things up and we’ll be ready to implement those changes more effectively once the new midfield clicks.

Harry Cunningham seems to have maintained his good form which is good to see. He's really working to his strengths and using his speed well. Where he was indecisive before he now just turns on the jets when he gets the ball and is always looking break the line. Had plenty of opportunities too considering how often we hugged the boundary line LOL.

We wouldn’t know a corridor if it smacked us in the face

It will take longer than 3 games. Hell, it might even take a whole season. We’re essentially asking a 22 yr old, a 21 yr old and a 20 yr old to take over the reins from three blokes who had 7 All Australian selections between them. I think they’ll get there but it will take some time. All we can do is hope to see signs that Horse is willing to change things up and we’ll be ready to implement those changes more effectively once the new midfield clicks.

This better not be the excuse that keeps Horse in a job! 1 season was enough of that excuse. There needs to be development and an ounce of a change in gameplan. How about letting the kids play and not stagnating them. These young kids come in playing attacking footy as juniors and Horse is just slowly making that evaporate. You only have to look at what Hayward, Florent, etc were as juniors!

This better not be the excuse that keeps Horse in a job! 1 season was enough of that excuse. There needs to be development and an ounce of a change in gameplan. How about letting the kids play and not stagnating them. These young kids come in playing attacking footy as juniors and Horse is just slowly making that evaporate. You only have to look at what Hayward, Florent, etc were as juniors!

it will only be JLT

then only early games
then playing good sides
then kids are young
then injuries
then look at how spoiled we are
oh look hawks are lower than us

horse is great

it will only be JLT

then only early games
then playing good sides
then kids are young
then injuries

horse is great

Where's the tequila?

id gladly take putting buddy on ice (sitting out games), blood the kids, get near the number 1 pick, get a new coach and come back next year over tread water

No but but but Reid is back (for his usual 1-2 games a season)...

it will only be JLT

then only early games
then playing good sides
then kids are young
then injuries

horse is great

Can’t speak for others but I only judge Horse on his previous season as that’s all we have to go on at this point of the year and I thought he was pretty lousy in 2018 tbh. But you are also expecting and hoping to see change but don’t appear willing to accept the inevitable horrors that will come with change. There will be s**t performances, dysfunctional team dynamics, and bulk line-up changes as we try to get our best 22 right.

All we can hope is that along the way there are also incredibly promising signs. If the ratio of horror to promising becomes too lop-sided en route to change, then there’s no excuses.

Can’t speak for others but I only judge Horse on his previous season as that’s all we have to go on at this point of the year and I thought he was pretty lousy in 2018 tbh. But you are also expecting and hoping to see change but don’t appear willing to accept the inevitable horrors that will come with change. There will be s**t performances, dysfunctional team dynamics, and bulk line-up changes as we try to get our best 22 right.

All we can hope is that along the way there are also incredibly promising signs. If the ratio of horror to promising becomes too lop-sided en route to change, then there’s no excuses.

Theres a few who will make excuses for him until the club cuts him.

If there is some development I'm happy. It shouldn't be about the end result. Coming bottom 6 isn't the worst outcome if at the end of the day I see development and I see a gameplan that is evolving.

If there is some development I'm happy. It shouldn't be about the end result. Coming bottom 6 isn't the worst outcome if at the end of the day I see development and I see a gameplan that is evolving.

I just hope that

A- the club doesn't feel like it has to just be competitive at the cost of advancement- dont be afraid to fall down the ladder if needed and that

B- we dont have fair weather fans who will drop off if we come last etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope that

A- the club doesn't feel like it has to just be competitive at the cost of advancement- dont be afraid to fall down the ladder if needed and that

B- we dont have fair weather fans who will drop off if we come last etc

Exactly, and getting a top selection in a draft will be handy, and it will be live this season.

100% agree. We cannot afford yet another wasted season. But let’s just wait and see first. We’re in the first week of March FFS

The club wont cut him next season, even if we finish last. Why are we even talking about this after 1 poor JLT match?

some of us have been talking about it for over a year or so, you dont have too

Our best midfield who weren’t at 100%. Who cares what GWS are doing. It’s JLT form. It means literally nothing. Everyone on here knew that beforehand and they know it now. I usually agree with a lot of your posts but I’d suggest you and a few others stop sucking on lemons and wait for the season proper, the only time footy matters.

True. Practice schmactice. Still, there was little to come from this game, beyond abolition of chippety chip. Yes a bit of match practice and no injuries.

Nothing much else than some pluses for Heeney and COR and a few cameos. Clarkeys disposal was diabolical and symptomatic of a low skilled team.

Yes we have Buddy to come back and when fit we can expect a bit from Menzell when he is fit. Horse will play more slow coach vets but I would have liked to see some prospect for optimism.

True. Practice schmactice. Still, there was little to come from this game, beyond abolition of chippety chip. Yes a bit of match practice and no injuries.

Nothing much else than some pluses for Heeney and COR and a few cameos. Clarkeys disposal was diabolical and symptomatic of a low skilled team.

Yes we have Buddy to come back and when fit we can expect a bit from Menzell when he is fit. Horse will play more slow coach vets but I would have liked to see some prospect for optimism.

I guess that’s the down-side to a team that’s flat during the JLT. It makes it harder for those trying to earn their spots. But there still some that shone (COR, Fox) and others that didn’t (Clarke)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back