Analysis 2019 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Still despite his endeavour, Clarkeys disposal was the worst I have seen from an adult footballer.
We picked up a bloke from Collingwood because according to some of their supporters his "disposal was the worst they had seen from an adult footballer".
Nek minnit!

Attachments

• 1551749159736.png
    1551749159736.png
    143 KB · Views: 138
You say that like it is an undisputed fact. Clarke was better than both Kennedy and Parker on Saturday.

Correct he was but they are stars and leaders of the club. Clarke was a Swans debutant who seemed to make an error every time he went near it. Not exactly a shining performance in your first outing for your new club, and not exactly the type of performance that demanded round one selection either. Not writing him off by any means just think he is going to need to do a whole lot better.

Correct he was but they are stars and leaders of the club. Clarke was a Swans debutant who seemed to make an error every time he went near it. Not exactly a shining performance in your first outing for your new club, and not exactly the type of performance that demanded round one selection either. Not writing him off by any means just think he is going to need to do a whole lot better.

So Kennedy and Parker get a pass for past performances? I mean looking at it objectively, purely objectively, you would have to pick Clarke before Kennedy.

So Kennedy and Parker get a pass for past performances? I mean looking at it objectively, purely objectively, you would have to pick Clarke before Kennedy.

I wouldn't pick any of them based on the other night. But if you're asking me to pick out of two captains who have shown plenty for our club as recently as last year vs a new recruit who couldn't put a good showing in for his first performance in new colours, I'm going with the captains.

Crikey. So drop JPK and Parker and pick Clarke. Why not make him skills coach as well?

I am not saying drop Kennedy, but I think it is very unfair to target Clarke in criticism while ignoring the fact that Kennedy was worse.
JPK was poor. Clarke got more of the ball but butchered it in quite a remarkable way.

I am not saying drop Kennedy, but I think it is very unfair to target Clarke in criticism while ignoring the fact that Kennedy was worse.

You mean Kennedy, the dude that has carried our midfield for close to 10 years, should get the same lattitude as a new recruit?

Taking into account Kennedy's performances last year I am not sure he should. I mean Kennedy will be in the team in round 1, but Clarke should be as well.

Based on what? A JLT game where every time he touched it he stuffed it up?

If they are being held to different standards it's because one does not need a JLT game to prove himself, the other does. Clarke came to our club as a depth player, was given an entire JLT game to prove himself (more than some others got!) and failed to do so.

Is it time for Kennedy to move up forward? A big physical marking presence who is a decent kick for goal but doesn't seem to have the speed for the midfield at the moment?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Is it time for Kennedy to move up forward? A big physical marking presence who is a decent kick for goal but doesn't seem to have the speed for the midfield at the moment?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It's time for Parker to step up and be our number 1 midfielder. Kennedy can take Parker's role when resting in the forwards. Kennedy still has a lot to give in the middle until proven otherwise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's time for Parker to step up and be our number 1 midfielder. Kennedy can take Parker's role when resting in the forwards. Kennedy still has a lot to give in the middle until proven otherwise

True, Parker has gone under the radar with all the talk of change in our midfield but realistically he should have the best season of his career this year.

Don’t agree that JPK would be any good as a forward, time will tell bit imo when the game is to fast for him being primary mid is that he will fall off like Swallow and that will be the end

He isn’t a natural forward imo

He was a good kick for goal in 2012, but ever since then Kennedy's kicking for goal has been iffy at best.

He was a good kick for goal in 2012, but ever since then Kennedy's kicking for goal has been iffy at best.
The past few years of carrying the midfield may have knocked the stuffing out if his kicking

So far in the off-season:

- Will Hayward is the biggest trade-bait at our club.
- Ollie Florent is the worst kick ever seen in the history of the AFL/VFL.
- Somebody get Buddy his zimmer frame already!
- We could not have won the Tom Mitchell trade anymore if we tried now that he's out for the bulk of the year.
- Justin McInerney is going to edge Chris Judd out of the wing position in the Team of the Century.
- Sam Reid is already out for the year with the injury he hasn't got yet.
- The season is basically over on the back of Jack Maibaum's ACL.
- We should trade out JPK the Fossil for Michael Tuck in the mid-season draft.

And there's still two weeks left!

Why do we keep blaming our mids when they have consistently played to a losing ruck? Sinclair improved markedly in 2018, gave much more around the ground, managed the extraordinary demand of carrying the ruck, is very much valued for his contribution to the team, but, not surprisingly given his height and bulk, is low percentage tap to advantage. We need Naismith but I’m not overly optimistic.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why do we keep blaming our mids when they have consistently played to a losing ruck? Sinclair improved markedly in 2018, gave much more around the ground, managed the extraordinary demand of carrying the ruck, is very much valued for his contribution to the team, but, not surprisingly given his height and bulk, is low percentage tap to advantage. We need Naismith but I’m not overly optimistic.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very true, it is the ruck situation. It's not like we're in 2014 anymore when we had Tom Derickx. Miss those days but I suppose all eras of ruck&midfield domination have to come to an end.

Very true, it is the ruck situation. It's not like we're in 2014 anymore when we had Tom Derickx. Miss those days but I suppose all eras of ruck&midfield domination have to come to an end.

Look. Our mids just need to play smarter. Mitchell was a clearance king last year roving to a losing ruck combo.

Expecting and playing for Sinkers to plop the ball in your lap is folly. Our mids need to read the tap better than they have in the past.

This can be done.

Sinkers himself has a key role in both neutralising the tap contest and throwing his body around when the ball hits the ground.

I hope guys like Ollie, George and Mills can read the tap when the other ruck wins it.

it is possible to win clearances when the other ruck is dominant. Richmond seem to organise their mids to rove to a losing ruck.

There are only a few dominant rucks trundling around. Gawn, Fake Reg, Natinui, Goldstein and Lycett/Ryder are well ahead. Sinkers is as good as the others.

Maybe I overrate our ability to rove to a losing ruck. I hope I don't.

Look. Our mids just need to play smarter. Mitchell was a clearance king last year roving to a losing ruck combo.

Expecting and playing for Sinkers to plop the ball in your lap is folly. Our mids need to read the tap better than they have in the past.

This can be done.

Sinkers himself has a key role in both neutralising the tap contest and throwing his body around when the ball hits the ground.

I hope guys like Ollie, George and Mills can read the tap when the other ruck wins it.

it is possible to win clearances when the other ruck is dominant. Richmond seem to organise their mids to rove to a losing ruck.

There are only a few dominant rucks trundling around. Gawn, Fake Reg, Natinui, Goldstein and Lycett/Ryder are well ahead. Sinkers is as good as the others.

Maybe I overrate our ability to rove to a losing ruck. I hope I don't.
Don't often agree with you B52 (no offence), but I think you're spot on here. We used to be great at sharking the other rucks taps, we've dropped off noticeably in that department.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back