List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we're giving you Ceglar as part of Patton deal.
I worked with his brother Jordy. If he’s as good a bloke as Jords, it’s a good result for us.

Would probably prefer Pittonet though, mainly due to higher ceiling and younger body.

Not sure if true or not since club has reported setbacks in his recovery, but as reported by Foxsports:

GIANTS, PATTON LOCKED IN STAND-OFF

GWS forward Jon Patton is refusing to play footy even though he is back training fully, as he aims at a trade to Hawthorn, reports SEN ’s Sam McClure.

The club and player are locked in a stand-off with the former No.1 pick not playing at AFL or NEAFL level, even though he has recovered from his third knee reconstruction.

Patton is heavily favoured to seek a trade to Waverley Park in the upcoming exchange period.

“Greater Western Sydney No.1 draft pick Jonathon Patton it seems has placed his AFL career on hold pending what is a near certain trade to Hawthorn at the end of the season,” McClure told SEN’s Time On.

“We can tell you tonight that Patton has been absent from both senior and from NEAFL grade football for the last month, despite the fact that he has been training fully.

“We know that he’s coming back from a third knee reconstruction, he’s played 89 games in eight years, but he has been training fully and yet doesn’t want to play at either senior level or at NEAFL level.

“The Giants are aware of this and it’s an intriguing stand-off which is becoming increasingly difficult for the Giants to navigate.

“I think we can sit here and comfortably surmise that Jonno Patton has played his last game for Greater Western Sydney.”

The Giants appear willing to trade Patton, who is contracted for next year on a back-ended deal signed in 2017, to free up salary cap space.

Many of their stars including Lachie Whitfield and Jeremy Cameron will be out of contract at the end of next season.

Have always questioned the character of Patton, but if true and like Sunshine, is refusing to play even NEAFL matches, reflects badly on him and we do not need players like that influencing the younger ones coming through the club.

Not sure what the whole media beat up is over Patton as although he is contracted for next year both parties are in agreement that his future is elsewhere due to his salary not indicative of his output due to injury, he has been passed by HH and TOJ and the club is ok with trying to get him to his preferred destination, Patton sees more opportunity with another club and also in his hometown. the fact he isnt playing is ok because obviously any serious injury will mean that a trade wont happen and could potentially end his career. i would accept a 3rd round pick for him but i see him as potentially helping the club move up the order
I would prefer he stayed at the club but due to his injuries he will never get back to his best and show his potential but I also see a bit of a sook attitude from him from when he was playing and a lack of defensive pressure which does not suit the modern game

I imagine the mental demons of injury would be significant for Patton

I’m happy enough for him to sit out- we all know if you aren’t in you are out so if he is on the edge he is possibly more likely to be injured again

Refusing to play games, if true, is pretty poor form.

It is actually does the Giants favours.

It's saying he's ready which we have known for awhile at training and it protects his currency what little it is.

Patton playing in the NEAFL would be a complete waste and risk.

Do you hit enter 20 times after every post so you take up more room to highlight your post?
Not a criticism just a question
No, it's BigFooty's styling. I play no part in it. I imagine it's related to the badges, etc, on the right.

I like the idea though. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regards Jon Patten, I think he has earned the right to sit the remainder of the year out.

It suits him and it suits us.

Can’t knock the bloke for looking for a team with a medical staff with an actual doctor on the staff, as opposed to a 15 year old smart kid with a laptop googling webmd.com

Regards Jon Patten, I think he has earned the right to sit the remainder of the year out.

It suits him and it suits us.

Can’t knock the bloke for looking for a team with a medical staff with an actual doctor on the staff, as opposed to a 15 year old smart kid with a laptop googling webmd.com

We’ve done a lot of things right but medical mismanagement has been so costly. Hurts as we’ve missed the boat now and will need a reboot.

Not sure if true or not since club has reported setbacks in his recovery, but as reported by Foxsports:

GWS forward Jon Patton is refusing to play footy even though he is back training fully, as he aims at a trade to Hawthorn, reports SEN ’s Sam McClure.

The club and player are locked in a stand-off with the former No.1 pick not playing at AFL or NEAFL level, even though he has recovered from his third knee reconstruction.

Patton is heavily favoured to seek a trade to Waverley Park in the upcoming exchange period.

“Greater Western Sydney No.1 draft pick Jonathon Patton it seems has placed his AFL career on hold pending what is a near certain trade to Hawthorn at the end of the season,” McClure told SEN’s Time On.

“We can tell you tonight that Patton has been absent from both senior and from NEAFL grade football for the last month, despite the fact that he has been training fully.

“We know that he’s coming back from a third knee reconstruction, he’s played 89 games in eight years, but he has been training fully and yet doesn’t want to play at either senior level or at NEAFL level.

“The Giants are aware of this and it’s an intriguing stand-off which is becoming increasingly difficult for the Giants to navigate.

“I think we can sit here and comfortably surmise that Jonno Patton has played his last game for Greater Western Sydney.”

The Giants appear willing to trade Patton, who is contracted for next year on a back-ended deal signed in 2017, to free up salary cap space.

Many of their stars including Lachie Whitfield and Jeremy Cameron will be out of contract at the end of next season.

Have always questioned the character of Patton, but if true and like Sunshine, is refusing to play even NEAFL matches, reflects badly on him and we do not need players like that influencing the younger ones coming through the club.
Ahhhhh it's Sam McClure time of year

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

In all fairness wouldn't hawthorn look at this and say "hmmmm this guys is worried the sticky tape is not going to hold for the medical"

Best thing he could do is play and drive up his price

In all fairness wouldn't hawthorn look at this and say "hmmmm this guys is worried the sticky tape is not going to hold for the medical"

Best thing he could do is play and drive up his price

No Hawks would be cheering, we've done as much as we can and we have him primed with a risk for next year and Hawks will do the finishing touches.

Similar to Scully he was ready for the end of Sept., then both GWS / Hawks turned it into he is a risk for this season but we all know he was ready and the results have shown.The story was just a big cover.

All Patton's story has shown he is ready to go, which has helped us get Celgar if we get him in the trade.

Would you do:
Pick 5 and 55 for
Caldwell and 13?
Pick 11 in 2018 and pick 13 in 2019 for pick 5 doesn't seem unreasonable but I think the club would back themselves to keep Caldwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back