List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don't think it's as good a deal for the Swans as people are claiming. They have given up a round in the draft (moving from the 2nd down to the 3rd) to avoid downgrading a pick in the 20s. It underwhelms me.

May be so. Depending on how you categorise some players (e.g. what's Sam Reid's position? Perryman? Tommo ?) the list balance is such that we could look for any of a running defender, forward or outside mid. Getting as high a 5th pick is an option if looking to take best available. I wonder if Matt Walker is in calculation at all - points for him are another option.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the trade? I'm seeing that we have given up a future second round pick (we only have Carlton's) for a future 5th round and that 4 position upgrade? If so, that is stupid. Someone tell me it's something different.
Looks like you're right. That's mindboggling, even if Hill was rated that highly.

Carlton's 2nd rounder will be low 20s, Adelaide's 5th rounder will be late 70s-early 80s?

What was the trade? I'm seeing that we have given up a future second round pick (we only have Carlton's) for a future 5th round and that 4 position upgrade? If so, that is stupid. Someone tell me it's something different.
Interesting decision. Don't make the trade and we have to use 28 on Briggs after the crows bid on him, make the trade and we get Hill and keep the option of later picks for Briggs. Hill sliding that far is a surprise i think and we jumped at it. Means we get good value with Hill at 24 but pay a second rounder (the future pick) for briggs which we initially thought we would pay anyway.

I like the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back