List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has some Hopper traits but honestly is more Cripps. He doesn’t have great agility which is a shame as we do desperately need some but he gets plenty of it and uses it well and is really tall. He will be a point of difference.
Yeah I read the cripps comparison. Obviously hoppers contested game is class- I was more enquiring as to if anyone remembers these kinds of stats coming out of hopper at the same age? In theses early stages is he projected to be similar or better than hopper?

Yeah I read the cripps comparison. Obviously hoppers contested game is class- I was more enquiring as to if anyone remembers these kinds of stats coming out of hopper at the same age? In theses early stages is he projected to be similar or better than hopper?

I’d say he is marginally behind but there is nothing in it. Hopper was 2-5 Green is 6-10. Both of them improved significantly in their final year of junior footy.

We are going to shed players in next 2-3 years, can keep them all so Green works out super with his age profile and career trajectory.

Can we get some good news this week with a contract signature please

How about joint press conference, Cogs in the middle with Ward and Davis either side

Cog resigns for 4 years and is sole Captain

It's coming but will they announce the captaincy this year or start of the next that will be the interesting part, i think do it all at once

Why ditch Ward and Davis?

I'm all for a triumvirate

If Cogs sole Captain next year so to speak from players vote im saying why wait till next year just announce now, Sign him up dont wait till Sept / Oct

If he wants to be sole, with Ward, Davis and Kelly apart of the LG group and if thats a sticking point then you make it happen

Dont get me wront not against triumvirate, however he was almost Captain this year so to get the deal breaker done for the contract with as much coin as we can do and put the C against his name as well

Last edited:
Why ditch Ward and Davis?

It's not ditching its a players vote, there was nothing in it this year and the 2 originals have done nothing wrong and they will play and be exactly the same on the field there footy will do the talking, we all know how those 2 play nothing will change in that regard but there will be a time the baton needs to be passed on and that time is now

A lot of chatter on the Hawks board about Whitfield to the Hawks. I'm assuming this is just communal wanking on their part and that there's nothing in it? Of course they have Cogs signed and sealed :)

Anything is possible in player movement these days but I would agree it is a Hawks circle jerk and they are just laying the groundwork when Coniglio re-signs to say they were just pushing up his contract so the Giants couldnt afford Whitfield next year and that was the whole decoy trade situation. And then when Whitfield re-signs they move onto Taranto or Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of last years draftees to resign and having played all the 12 NEAFL games so far and although not excelling he has been performing his role and his flexibility to play tall and small makes him a valuable defender

Not the most in demand signature but hopefully it starts the release of other draftees signing extensions as some good news is needed for the fans after the last 2 losses

A lot of chatter on the Hawks board about Whitfield to the Hawks. I'm assuming this is just communal wanking on their part and that there's nothing in it? Of course they have Cogs signed and sealed :)

Whitfield has been going to the Hawks every year for at least the last 5 - why should this year be any different? he supported them as a wee tacker you see. it's a secret agreement (which is why everyone on the hawks board knows about it) very similar to the secret agreement that will see Josh Kelly at North next year (no, wait, in two years time, or two years after that)

Hawthorn are going to be awesome next year with Cogs, Patton, Bonar and Whitfield from us (and Hill from Freo).

won't even have to give up a first round draft pick either.

spectacular stuff

Last edited:
If we lose cogs I reckon we look at Jones from Sydney

He breaks lines and is hard. Obviously not like for like but our running game is our strength and this would further cater to that

Although if we keep cogs I can’t see us affording him

First good news for weeks, amidst our injury carnage.

Thanks Sammy, great news, gun of a young player.

Me likes this one
👍👍👍😃😃😃

It will be an interesting trade period for the ruck department and Ryder would be a great get I think he may be too expensive for the club but I would be ok with a 2 year deal and with Flynn having the ACL do they try to trade in a young ruck like the Swans Cameron or Ceglar to back up or keep Simpson? I think the club has 5 rucks on the list next year with Flynns timing on the ACL meaning he will only really be back for the last month of the season if it is a year long recovery.
Ideally I would like to see Ryder and Cameron come to the club and I can see Simpson staying on the rookie list

Also great to see Taylor re-sign with the club and I am still expecting some draftee extensions before the end of the season

Hey all, thought I'd jump in and give my yearly contribution.

I'm feeling confident Cogs re-signs with us, not claiming to have elite inside sources but have heard from a few that make me confident enough.

From an academy point of view Green is obviously our main man, and it looks like there's been plenty of talk about him on here. My biggest concern is if he fills a role that we're already stacked for but competition for spots is healthy so it shouldn't be an issue.Liam Delahunty has flown under the radar this year but has been impactful both as a forward and defender, looks more comfortable up forward but I prefer him in defence. James Peatliong has also improved from last year and is one I think we should consider in the rookie draft

In the open draft I think we need a focus on a Heath Shaw replacement and some true Wingers. If we could trade up and secure Lachlan Ash or Hayden Young that'd really sure us up for defenders, with either of those two being ready to step up immediately. If we don't trade up and have to match a bid for Green, our first open pick will likely be from 13-20, so possibly a Gould, Rivers or Day could be considered

Hey all, thought I'd jump in and give my yearly contribution.

I'm feeling confident Cogs re-signs with us, not claiming to have elite inside sources but have heard from a few that make me confident enough.

From an academy point of view Green is obviously our main man, and it looks like there's been plenty of talk about him on here. My biggest concern is if he fills a role that we're already stacked for but competition for spots is healthy so it shouldn't be an issue.Liam Delahunty has flown under the radar this year but has been impactful both as a forward and defender, looks more comfortable up forward but I prefer him in defence. James Peatliong has also improved from last year and is one I think we should consider in the rookie draft

In the open draft I think we need a focus on a Heath Shaw replacement and some true Wingers. If we could trade up and secure Lachlan Ash or Hayden Young that'd really sure us up for defenders, with either of those two being ready to step up immediately. If we don't trade up and have to match a bid for Green, our first open pick will likely be from 13-20, so possibly a Gould, Rivers or Day could be considered

i agree that Green is a lock to be drafted and I thought the club would pick up some academy players last year and Briggs was the only selection from the academy but I think it came down to having experience on the list and where the picks actually ended up but I think this year could see a larger turnover with the rookie list and the lower end players
I think depending on who leaves the club through retirement or trade will determine what kind of players the club looks to pick up but I agree in that outside running types are a need for the club and I would also like a couple of talls to be taken so the club can play what I think is the preferred line up with 3 true tall defenders and a utility/intercepting tall
Depending on how Shaw finishes the season I could see him earning a contract for next year due to the need for on field experience over the ground and more in defence and I feel that Cumming will fit into the backline with Kennedy, Williams and Whitfield filling some running roles, my preferred back 6 for 2020 would be
Shaw/Cumming Davis Haynes
Williams Taylor Corr/Kennedy/Whitfield
And another possibility is Ward spending some time in defence if the midfield is stacked with options again it will come down to player movements over the off season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back