List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Only 2 years? He must have made a promise to the Houston Texans to join them in October 2022.

#BFHTAAK
Heard it was these guys

Houston_Lonestars_logo.jpeg

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Good signature to get and adds to the stability in the midfield and hopefully he carries on the good form and his toughness and 1 per centers are great to see and hopefully he continues improving his game

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Massive contract if he decides to take up the option and interesting if Coniglio will have a similar type of contract but shorter although as he is already a free agent the club and player may not feel it works
Hope he does stay a 1 club player and wins a few flags

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Article on the list situation at the club and interesting that if Coniglio does leave I think it would impact the contracts of Bonar and Tomlinson but then in terms of keeping experience at the club what happens with Shaw and Deledio. i still think he re-signs, Tomlinson free agent, Bonar trade, Deledio + Mumford retire and Shaw a 1 year playing contract and 1 year coaching contract although Deledio has possibly 4 + games to earn a 1 year contract extension if the money works for him and the club

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS

Article on the list situation at the club and interesting that if Coniglio does leave I think it would impact the contracts of Bonar and Tomlinson but then in terms of keeping experience at the club what happens with Shaw and Deledio. i still think he re-signs, Tomlinson free agent, Bonar trade, Deledio + Mumford retire and Shaw a 1 year playing contract and 1 year coaching contract although Deledio has possibly 4 + games to earn a 1 year contract extension if the money works for him and the club

I think Bonar's contract is more dependant upon him being bog-average and well compensated (by reports) for the next 2 years. He has not set the NEAFL on fire and played a solid-enough without great game on Saturday to set the heart a flutter. If we can get in to the second round and dump him and his salary by doing so, then that is a win for us.

I also can't see how Cog's contract affects Lids. Lids will be offered a contract of around $200,000 should his body hold up for the rest of this year. It would be silly of us to pull the trigger on him any earlier due to his fragilities.

Shaw has already had his contract extended to include this year, I think he knows he is cooked and all this talk of going around again is more smoke than actual fire.

And Mumford...well I'd be delisting him and placing him on the rookie list (if allowed) for 2020 should we fail to land a top-flight ruckman in the off-season.

To summarise, the article is a pack of gobshite.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I'd largely agree - Lids & Heater are body-dependent; but perhaps the club would be more inclined towards extending them if they lose Cogs. But certainly not tied directly to whether $ are available.

Mummy - well, you know he's already on the rookie list? Or are you meaning that you'd only send him around again if we cannot get someone else?

Bonar I guess I am prepared to give more time to see how he develops; but if Cogs does re-sign then I could see why we'd trade Bonar to loosen up $ for other more likely re-signings.

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
I'd largely agree - Lids & Heater are body-dependent; but perhaps the club would be more inclined towards extending them if they lose Cogs. But certainly not tied directly to whether $ are available.

Mummy - well, you know he's already on the rookie list? Or are you meaning that you'd only send him around again if we cannot get someone else?

Bonar I guess I am prepared to give more time to see how he develops; but if Cogs does re-sign then I could see why we'd trade Bonar to loosen up $ for other more likely re-signings.

Yeah I'd only keep Mumford as a rookie for next year if we can't get a top-flight ruckman in - whether that is Ryder or not, I'm not sure.

Bonar is a very tradeable asset as I think the clubs out there would see his stagnation as a mental issue (as in dropping his head because he is not playing firsts) rather than an ability issue and I could see a club in Melbourne offering us a second round this year to take him on (even if we pay him $100,000 of his salary each of the next two years) we are saving $560,000 from his contract over the same time period whilst paying a second round draft pick the bare bones.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I think Bonar's contract is more dependant upon him being bog-average and well compensated (by reports) for the next 2 years. He has not set the NEAFL on fire and played a solid-enough without great game on Saturday to set the heart a flutter. If we can get in to the second round and dump him and his salary by doing so, then that is a win for us.

I also can't see how Cog's contract affects Lids. Lids will be offered a contract of around $200,000 should his body hold up for the rest of this year. It would be silly of us to pull the trigger on him any earlier due to his fragilities.

Shaw has already had his contract extended to include this year, I think he knows he is cooked and all this talk of going around again is more smoke than actual fire.

And Mumford...well I'd be delisting him and placing him on the rookie list (if allowed) for 2020 should we fail to land a top-flight ruckman in the off-season.

To summarise, the article is a pack of gobs**te.
Shaw played on de goey and beat him, week after it was Grey who was again their best forward and drew even, this week Papley kicks two, Shaw moves on him and keeps him quiet.

This is not how you use a player who is “cooked” His defensive work has been bloody good

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Shaw played on de goey and beat him, week after it was Grey who was again their best forward and drew even, this week Papley kicks two, Shaw moves on him and keeps him quiet.

This is not how you use a player who is “cooked” His defensive work has been bloody good
He’s played a lot more bad games this year than good ones. And he beat De Goey because Collingwood couldn’t move the Ball forward.

Any defender can beat his opponent when they don’t have to do too much work for 4 quarters.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
He’s played a lot more bad games this year than good ones. And he beat De Goey because Collingwood couldn’t move the Ball forward.

Any defender can beat his opponent when they don’t have to do too much work for 4 quarters.
I’ve said this many time already on this board. I’ve posted the stats that support it.

I’m not going into it again. I tend to agree with dlanod here that his def work is fantastic but his kicking under pressure is suspect.

I would be more than happy for him to ply on

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Good to see another contract extension and hope he the injury from his last game is nothing major and he plays out the season, still waiting on the big one and hope it is done before the last round
With the contract extensions at Port it looks like Ryder could be out and from a media article the salary reported that he could be on in 2020 was 400k which I think is good value for money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back