List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
One benefit of getting Higgins and Goldstein to GWS is that they are super durable players who rarely get injured - as compared to recruiting say Deledio when his calves were already shot.

Giants really should only be trading for blokes with rock solid bodies going forward. The list is full of crocks at present.
Higgins has had massive injury issues in the past. NM got him right - do we have faith that we can keep him on the park given our shitty track record with even formerly durable players?

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
You’re not the boss around here champ.

If it is my opinion that Cameron at the helm is the reason why Coniglio seeks a TRADE, this is the place to express it.

I couldn’t give a stuff what you are happy to discuss or not discuss - so pull your bloody head in.
Sigh

Cameron’s strength as a coach is actually his man management and personal skills. Absolutely he has
Shortcomings as a coach but a large reason why player have stayed for unders is the culture we have. Now you can’t have it both ways you can’t blame poor effort like Friday’s game on the coach but not give him credit for the culture created in the club as well.

So i really doubt that a player would leave and sight Cameron as the reason. And there are countless examples of players re-signing to back this up

You don’t like Cameron. I get it. But you should pop on over to the Hawthorne board and look at some of their comments this year. We build up clarkson to be some kind of savior but hawks fans complain about him too. And pies fans about Buckley and cats fans about Scott.

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Sigh

Cameron’s strength as a coach is actually his man management and personal skills. Absolutely he has
Shortcomings as a coach but a large reason why player have stayed for unders is the culture we have. Now you can’t have it both ways you can’t blame poor effort like Friday’s game on the coach but not give him credit for the culture created in the club as well.

So i really doubt that a player would leave and sight Cameron as the reason. And there are countless examples of players re-signing to back this up

You don’t like Cameron. I get it. But you should pop on over to the Hawthorne board and look at some of their comments this year. We build up clarkson to be some kind of savior but hawks fans complain about him too. And pies fans about Buckley and cats fans about Scott.
Cameron’s biggest shortcoming is he was a one trick pony and when he got worked out he has floundered.

The coach alone is not to thank for the culture of the club. There are more stakeholders in that then the bloody coach so spare me that drivel.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
So why did kelly stay? What about Haynes? Hopper? Are they just dumb are they?

I could go on. Don’t try this bulls**t manipulation of the facts to suit your narrative

Now if you want to talk about coaching go to the coaching thread

I’m happy to discuss trades here
Coaching has everything to do with it and should be discussed as part of trades and reasoning behind it.

It's the one reason I think the Carlton rumours are b.s..

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Things heating up with Coniglio with Davis on SEN monday, LC in his presser today and even Gil getting involved after Deledio last week it seems the pressure is being put on him and I still see the cutoff being the week before the 1st final and if it isnt done by then he is gone
I want him to stay but a lot goes into that decision for him and he is only know fully developed and experienced enough to change games

Blue Chip Pass

All Australian
Apr 20, 2017
Warrandyte
AFL Club
Carlton
Hello GWS gang, I come in peace and sense there is a bit of tension around the coach and player trades for GWS.
We obviously here the rumours, RE: Coniglio. We would love him, he is a gun player.
Do you rate him in your top best 3 players?
PS. I personally hope that either GWS or Lions go all the way to win the flag.
Fingers crossed, your team can get their mojo back. :thumbsu:

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Hello GWS gang, I come in peace and sense there is a bit of tension around the coach and player trades for GWS.
We obviously here the rumours, RE: Coniglio. We would love him, he is a gun player.
Do you rate him in your top best 3 players?
PS. I personally hope that either GWS or Lions go all the way to win the flag.
Fingers crossed, your team can get their mojo back. :thumbsu:

Best 3 players are Whitfield, Coniglio, Kelly. Kelly has not had continuity with injuries but when he is fit he is elite.

Coniglio is very important for our team for a number of other reasons and along with Davis and Ward probably promotes the club more than any other. He is very important for us to keep. If you do get him you will be losing one of your other stars coming through, at some point there is a reckoning to all of this.

StandByyourMan

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Sigh

I dont think he can drive a stick either right?

Blue Chip Pass

All Australian
Apr 20, 2017
Warrandyte
AFL Club
Carlton
Best 3 players are Whitfield, Coniglio, Kelly. Kelly has not had continuity with injuries but when he is fit he is elite.

Coniglio is very important for our team for a number of other reasons and along with Davis and Ward probably promotes the club more than any other. He is very important for us to keep. If you do get him you will be losing one of your other stars coming through, at some point there is a reckoning to all of this.
Thanks Andre the Giant, I reckon you're on the money.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Our club’s strategy on the ruck position has been absolutely flawed from day one.

How we didn’t take Brody Grundy with 5 picks before his selection will go down as one of the greatest recruiting blunders in the history of the draft.

So now let’s find a couple more patched up rejects that can fall apart just before finals...not like it’s an important role to feed the mids. I mean FFS.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Big Daws and Lids retiring. I would’ve thought Mummy has to retire. He can barely string 3 games together and can’t jump.
I hope we put an offer in for Grundy. We’d have to have a lot of cash floating around, especially if Cogs goes.
Sounds like we’re interested in Ryder... hard to fathom considering our history of recruiting injury prone players.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Our club’s strategy on the ruck position has been absolutely flawed from day one.

How we didn’t take Brody Grundy with 5 picks before his selection will go down as one of the greatest recruiting blunders in the history of the draft.

So now let’s find a couple more patched up rejects that can fall apart just before finals...not like it’s an important role to feed the mids. I mean FFS.

Andre.. this resonates the same sort of vibe on our board ... apparently he made himself out as very unattractive to most clubs appart from Collingwood ..make of that what you want... We took Thurlow before him.. and all these years later it still grates.. as most on the board wanted him pre draft.. Going forward .. I have seen GWS linked to Ryder and today I read them linked to Sauce ... any preference which you will go ? I think Id just like us to draft someone for a chance instead of the perpetual recycles that we seem to go for...

Anyway.. what do you think Green will cost..how do you see the draft going for you guys ?

What rucks are OOC? I hope we are not putting all our eggs in the Ryder basket.

Geelong have 4 mature age rucks (not including Blicavs who we will keep) so at least one will want a move for more gametime and i doubt any of them would cost much in a trade.

Big Daws and Lids retiring. I would’ve thought Mummy has to retire. He can barely string 3 games together and can’t jump.
I hope we put an offer in for Grundy. We’d have to have a lot of cash floating around, especially if Cogs goes.
Sounds like we’re interested in Ryder... hard to fathom considering our history of recruiting injury prone players.

I think you will find your club just wants the best mature age ruck it can get for a couple of years while you are in the window at low cap cost (Grundy would cost your club or mine too much). Ryder is ideal as Port have lots of rucks but whether he'd move his family interstate for a 1 year deal is probably the issue.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Our ruck situation is simple.

We need someone to takeover for Mummy and Simpson until Flynn and Briggs are ready.

So 2 possibly 3 more years.

I do not want Ryder, we do not have a good record of bringing in players who have a rotten history with injury.

I'm a fan of getting Ceglar if we can through the supposed Patton trade. Def think he can do the job until Flynn is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back