Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final call

Definite Outs: Lobbe LeBois Lang Thomas Fasolo

Borderline: Garlett Kerr Phillips Polson Schumacher DeLuca
Not a bad call Soap....I did a back of the envelope list a while back and came up with pretty much the same, remembering Pickett already gone.

If we assume 4-5 FA's/trades and an additional three picks in the ND, we'd have to be looking at 7-8 moving on from the senior list.

Wouldn't be surprised if we ended up rookie listing maybe Schu and/or Kerr (if he doesn't get picked up by another club).

Not a bad call Soap....I did a back of the envelope list a while back and came up with pretty much the same, remembering Pickett already gone.

If we assume 4-5 FA's/trades and an additional three picks in the ND, we'd have to be looking at 7-8 moving on from the senior list.

Wouldn't be surprised if we ended up rookie listing maybe Schu and/or Kerr (if he doesn't get picked up by another club).
Kerr to dogs or melbourne for a 3rd would be ideal.

I am all onboard the trying to draft a young ruck with our 3rd or 4th rnd (doesn't seem to be any ones for sale/trade at other clubs)

Also from now on, it seems trading for contracted players is going to be a lot harder and costly than it once was.

Hoping we can send a future pick to Gold Coast for Jack Martin (if the rumour is true he is keen to join us)

Kerr to Cats.
Please no. I can’t stand the Cat’s. Selfishly, I prefer he goes to GC.
As much as I’d love to see him do well I couldn’t take it if he came really really good while playing under a Scott.

Please no. I can’t stand the Cat’s. Selfishly, I prefer he goes to GC.
As much as I’d love to see him do well I couldn’t take it if he came really really good while playing under a Scott.

TBF, if he isn't at Carlton, it doesn't really bother me at all where he goes or who coaches him or what he becomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron says hello.
I have been "tracking" him since his (non)draft year. Highly rated big boy who has progressed much slower than one would imagine. First couple of seasons in WA state league played more forward than ruck. Super slow burn at Swans, missing huge chunks through injury and continuing to have ruck minutes "managed".

I don't believe he is the ruck we are looking for. Injury levels rivalling our own (pre 2019) Andrew Phillips. If we are trading in a ruck to cover MK and young TDK, surely we need a solid citizen who will be there when required and can hold his own if required. Phillips has managed to play games more consistently this season, we can surmise Mr. Russell may have been a contributing factor.

Perhaps even a group of Kreuzer, DeKoning and Phillips would suffice for 2020. I must admit the rumoured departure of Levi Casboult may force our hand to adding some insurance.

The other end of the scale is, of course, Grundy. I have learned never say never with SOS, however it is fair to say that any work going in to this end would be preliminary with an eye to free agency (next year if I remember correctly).

There are three, seemingly, quality ruck prospects in this year's draft Jackson, Bryan and Comben to consider. This poster, however, has his eyes firmly on Henry Walsh and/or Josh Cripps in the 2020 renewal of the draft.

We are one of the clubs that have approached Ollie Wines. He's open to moving, but as a co-captain and the fact that he's contracted - he knows its in the hands of the club.
Yeh I see on the port board they seem more than happy to let him go if they get a good offer. As good as he is I think he makes us too slow

I can't decide if I'd rather B. Crouch or Ollie if it came down to trading for one of the two.

Both bolster our inside game, both approx the same age, both can accumulate, both are slow.

Crouch is the better footballer IMO.

But his body is and always will be a concern.

I can't decide if I'd rather B. Crouch or Ollie if it came down to trading for one of the two.

Both bolster our inside game, both approx the same age, both can accumulate, both are slow.

Really really liked his second year, another bull to help Cripps which will allow him to drift forward.

Would cost a fortune of picks since he is contracted....

Brad Crouch seems more gettable but injury prone, believe in Andrew Russel?

Tough one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back