Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soap if we delist or trade Lebois and trade in a Martin, then it is a list change

I suspect we will have 8-10 different names on our list, start of next year

I agree that's a list change. I'm sticking with 5-7

My reasoning

We have the young talent now and it's about filling holes
Most of our young talent will keep improving and show they deserve to stay
The List needs to settle and gel
To keep turning over a significant amount of players isn't good for moral/harmony
We won't have any early picks
I believe we will use this years and next years first round picks on 1 or 2 gun players. Mature bodies

I am also not writing off or delisting any player after Rd One.

Early call

I can see Gibbons & Goddard being upgraded
I think Simpson will keep playing
I think we will target a gun mid, a ruck and a runner or 2 as trades

JMO

Last edited:

My reasoning

To keep turning over a significant amount of players isn't good for moral/harmony
I believe we will use this years and next years first round picks on 1 or 2 gun players

JMO
Especially liked for gel.
I've noticed jell creeping in and it makes me shudder and cringe. Good work

My reasoning

I believe we will use this years and next years first round picks on 1 or 2 gun players. Mature bodies

Early call

I can see Gibbons & Goddard being upgraded
I think Simpson will keep playing
I think we will target a gun mid, a ruck and a runner or 2 as trades

JMO

I think people are taking me out of context.

All clubs have averaged more than 9 changes a year over the last 6 years.

This is on the back of increased player movements, brought about by free agency.

Even a side like WC, that won the flag, had this number of changes and we are no where near that quality

As with us, players will retire and or be delisted

Sure we will assess it end of year

I think people are taking me out of context.

All clubs have averaged more than 9 changes a year over the last 6 years.

This is on the back of increased player movements, brought about by free agency.

Even a side like WC, that won the flag, had this number of changes and we are no where near that quality

As with us, players will retire and or be delisted

Sure we will assess it end of year

I know where you are coming from just don't agree, although we aren't far apart. We have made way more changes than any other club in the past three years (and I supported them). I think it's now time we will back those changes in, add some experience, and allow things to settle.

Even next year we will still have names like Stocker O'Brien Macreadie Williamson TDK Schumacher Polson Dow Walsh BSOS Finbar Owies Cottrell still very much developing and finding their way. That's a lot of youth

I know where you are coming from just don't agree, although we aren't far apart. We have made way more changes than any other club in the past three years (and I supported them). I think it's now time we will back those changes in, add some experience, and allow things to settle.

Even next year we will still have names like Stocker O'Brien Macreadie Williamson TDK Schumacher Polson Dow Walsh BSOS Finbar Owies Cottrell still very much developing and finding their way. That's a lot of youth

Not questioning those names, they will all stay on the list

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...8/news-story/edfcb8470efd9dc61d0c50a89926e3e5

3 sides made 7 changes, all the rest 8 or more

If we only make 6 or less changes, I will shout you lunch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on posters. You’re peaking too early. You have to make this thread last another 6 months.

I'll spice it up.

I'd trade Cripps Walsh Dow SPS Charlie Weitering & McKay whilst they have the trade value. Imagine the talent we could get in by trading those players. You know it makes sense

I'll spice it up.

I'd trade Cripps Walsh Dow SPS Charlie Weitering & McKay whilst they have the trade value. Imagine the talent we could get in by trading those players. You know it makes sense

Well 2m Peter wouldn’t be considered.
A point to level the scores
A goal to win it
Peter chips to the top of the square and the saints clear and win.
Not made of the “September” stuff Peter.

Well 2m Peter wouldn’t be considered.
A point to level the scores
A goal to win it
Peter chips to the top of the square and the saints clear and win.
Not made of the “September” stuff Peter.

He was poor.

Only out I'd give him is being developed at the GCS. Been shocking for most younger players.
Be interested to see how he would go in a good system with good development and standards

I think they will all stay. Schumacher is really impressing me as has Goddard. Kerr is improving all the time. Gibbons could easily be upgraded. We may also add another 1 or 2 players mid year
No way Simpson will retire and I am very confident Lang Fasolo Garlett will be on the list next year
[Leonardo DiCaprio squint]

Soap if we delist or trade Lebois and trade in a Martin, then it is a list change

I suspect we will have 8-10 different names on our list, start of next year

Carlton have gone on record saying the days of large list changes are over. They're now going to consolidate the list.

Of course it comes down to what's on the trade table, but I can't see anymore than six changes.

I'll spice it up.

You know it makes sense :p

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back