Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could an out of favour player mutually agree to terminate their AFL contract with a club, and then become available for the pre season draft?

Small forwards have traditionally been the easiest to find whilst giving up little, but we have had a lean period since giving away Eddie & Jeffy..

I just wonder if perhaps whilst we are developing a younger one it might be worth trying to get Jeffy back who is out of favour at the Dees.

Unnecessary.

I've seen a lot of small forwards, even young and inexperienced ones, have an impact straight away.
We don't need a stop gap in that area.

Have to say after reading about yesterday's game and attending a fair few VFL games I really rate Kerr. Would be a real shame to lose him to another club if he seeks opportunity at AFL level.

He is a very good lead up forward that relies on good midfield useage. Would love him to be a long term player with us but with the recruitment of McGovern can't see how he fits into our forward line :(

Maybe C Curnow moves to the wing/midfield in time.

I hate to be the one to spoil the party, but at the moment i don't believe we have a list spot available for the mid season draft.
As far as i can tell, we only get a pick right now if Doc is placed on the season ending injury list, although i recall reading that he's hopeful to get back to play a few games toward the end of the season.

Would be very silly to bring Doc back for the last few games after two ACLs

Cameron Smith should be our number one target this off season. Without having any insite to what has happened at the Saints the biggest change they made was to have Billy Slatter come in as a leadership coach/mentor.

We should go hard for Cam Smith.
Top idea...not only would he add a different perspective coming from a different code he would give us a valuable lesson in tackling which is an area we are lacking (apart from Cripps of course)

I am trying to work out who we have let go that is actually flourishing elewhere at this point in time
Jacobs handy
Betts..been good but no better than he was for us
Grigg..ok in patches
Touhy...no better ..
Henderson..once a sook.....
Robinson ...got worse
Bell.....nope
Hamill...nope

Ray Byrne...did well

the rest...nope

edit Waite..what a waitste of talent.....

Waite for North was the same player we had. Dominant one week, suspended the next and injured on return from suspension.

Small forwards have traditionally been the easiest to find whilst giving up little, but we have had a lean period since giving away Eddie & Jeffy..

I just wonder if perhaps whilst we are developing a younger one it might be worth trying to get Jeffy back who is out of favour at the Dees.
Why not. He'd be a free player and would have more forward craft than Polson and gibbons combined

Have to say after reading about yesterday's game and attending a fair few VFL games I really rate Gowers Kerr. Would be a real shame to lose him to another club if he seeks opportunity at AFL level.

He is a very good lead up forward that relies on good midfield useage. Would love him to be a long term player with us but with the recruitment of McGovern can't see how he fits into our forward line :(

Maybe C Curnow moves to the wing/midfield in time.

SOS has taken a long term approach to his drafting...we did need a talented, developing ruck to take over in a few years and TDK has shown good signs.

He started with KPP's, focused on mids the last few years and i'm sure we'll target a small forward end of this year.

Small forwards can't do much if the midfield is getting destroyed, plus we've seen from other teams that they can be recruited and have an immediate impact, arguably moreso than new mids and KPP's. Eg Rozee, Higgins, Willie Rioli, Liam Ryan...these guys were able to have a big impact in their first years. They needed a team with a strong midfield to allow them to do so however.

Exactly!!
Very hard to explain this concept to most people though. Will fall on deaf ears. They want everyone yesterday..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like where you’re going with Jeffy, but the word is we’ve burnt that bridge big time. Melbourne I reckon would do it, but if his head ain’t on straight coming in, there’s not much point this late in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly!!
Very hard to explain this concept to most people though. Will fall on deaf ears. They want everyone yesterday..

Agree with that big time. I’ll admit I thought Sammy P was going to be a bust, but I see elite coming, just needs a few years under his belt. The one great positive of the refresh is they’re similar ages and can grow together.

Could Kieran Lovell be an option as a small forward? Grow with the others.

Like where you’re going with Jeffy, but the word is we’ve burnt that bridge big time. Melbourne I reckon would do it, but if his head ain’t on straight coming in, there’s not much point this late in his career.

I don't think the club burnt that bridge, Garlett did that on his own

Shame, as he would have been handy at the moment

Agree with that big time. I’ll admit I thought Sammy P was going to be a bust, but I see elite coming, just needs a few years under his belt. The one great positive of the refresh is they’re similar ages and can grow together.

Could Kieran Lovell be an option as a small forward? Grow with the others.
Do you mean literally ?

Exactly!!

What a silly thing to say given the evidence and some arguments put up.

You have to do better than that. Blind support is just that... Blind.

I am trying to work out who we have let go that is actually flourishing elewhere at this point in time
Jacobs handy
Betts..been good but no better than he was for us
Grigg..ok in patches
Touhy...no better ..
Henderson..once a sook.....
Robinson ...got worse
Bell.....nope
Hamill...nope

Ray Byrne...did well

the rest...nope

edit Waite..what a waitste of talent.....
WC Josh Kennedy is pretty handy....

What a silly thing to say given the evidence and some arguments put up.

You have to do better than that. Blind support is just that... Blind.

Totally disagree.. if you can’t see the clear vision I can’t help you.

Only the true pessimist or Silvagni doubter can’t see the precision.

Totally disagree.. if you can’t see the clear vision I can’t help you.

Only the true pessimist or Silvagni doubter can’t see the precision.

The clear vision?
Look, we're all happy for the win today and got that 100 point monkey off our backs also, but that emotion shouldn't come into the conversation.

I've tabled out our seeming reluctance to search for speed and the right smalls at the expense of reeling in other teams discards, already.
My vision is on record. What's your vision other than to put people down for discussing List Management in a List Management thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back