Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on Cunners or Jsos? A little concenred about Cunners. Has X-factor and can see other clubs targeting him.
Has issues getting fit. Surely the best man for the job is Russel. Can't see him wantinf to leave. He is getting opportunity at Carlton. Just needs to ger his body right.

.....on a 3 year 1.8 million dollar deal.
It goes off base payments so was only $1.5mil.
I think they rank them from 1-100 in highest paid. Highest paid gets 100 points lowest 1. They than have a scale for age. Fasolo for example would’ve got 10 where players over 30 like Wells and Waite get 0.

Waite may have just had a highly bonus based contract at North.

It goes off base payments so was only $1.5mil.
I think they rank them from 1-100 in highest paid. Highest paid gets 100 points lowest 1. They than have a scale for age. Fasolo for example would’ve got 10 where players over 30 like Wells and Waite get 0.

Waite may have just had a highly bonus based contract at North.

Yeah... I've got no idea, was just broadly comparing and, I guess, having a bit of a moan because we got zip for him.

Guess it just comes down to the player and the way all parties see him. Seems that Fasolo wasn't really wanted by the Pies whilst my memory on Waite was that we wanted him to stay but wouldn't go beyond a year.

Not fussed on the relevance of age either. I can't see that a 26 year old who's not as good a player as a 31 year old should be more highly regarded for compensation.

Last edited:
It's been a source of confusion from day 1 - even on the CarltonFC website, they didn't specify the tenure when they announced we'd signed him
On Footywire, they originally had him out of contract at the end of 2019 tbc, but now have him contracted until the end of 2021.
I remember Fas saying that he wanted this year to prove himself, so as a guess, his contract may be performance based.
The fact that Collingwood received a third round pick as compensation suggests he couldn't have signed for only one year.

Daniel Wells was also 31 when he went to Collingwood and that was for a second round pick.
And Wells has since re negotiated his contract and now is getting less money.
I always thought a free agent's salary had to be included in the club's salary cap regardless of whether it changes.
How can the AFL pay compo on a contract that is then changed?

Great. I know he gets things wrong from time to time, but he gets them much less wrong with Docherty by his side.

Has the body to go on another 3 years.

Personally would have been fine with him being trade bait and using Casboult/Goddard at full back instead.

If we're re-signing Jones we should be re-signing Levi (unless it's his decision to leave as an RFA).
Out of the 2 Levi has been more useful, playing well down back, forward and is the support ruckman which is an important role.

I seem to recall that Cuningham was also a late signing last time his contract was up. Odd, I wonder if it's because of him or us.

Not that unusual is it?

We can't sign up every player we want on our list this early in the year since we don't know yet what will happen with our targets like Conigs, Papley, Martin, Hill etc...need to leave some room to move.

Personally would have been fine with him being trade bait and using Casboult/Goddard at full back instead.

If we're re-signing Jones we should be re-signing Levi (unless it's his decision to leave as an RFA).
Out of the 2 Levi has been more useful, playing well down back, forward and is the support ruckman which is an important role.
Levi's manager mentioned in an article in the HUN a few weeks ago that he has a trigger clause in his contract if he plays a certain number of games this year. He may just trigger the clause.

Levi's manager mentioned in an article in the HUN a few weeks ago that he has a trigger clause in his contract if he plays a certain number of games this year. He may just trigger the clause.
I think he's played something like 13 of 16 so far and if he keeps up this form will notch up another 7. Can't imagine the trigger number being as high as 20 so would think he hits it no worries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's played something like 13 of 16 so far and if he keeps up this form will notch up another 7. Can't imagine the trigger number being as high as 20 so would think he hits it no worries.

Great news.

Right now with his form line he's one of the best big men in the comp. And versatile.
Would have sucked to lose him now after the long journey he and the club have been on together with his development.

Great if he finishes a one club Carlton player.

The fact that Collingwood received a third round pick as compensation suggests he couldn't have signed for only one year.
Just to add to the confusion, recall Fas offering to go on a one year contract to prove himself but there being some impediment to that, so got a 2 year, with maybe triggers for further year if everything went ticketty boo (low likelihood based on current form)

Just moving this across to the List Management topic.

I've been told now twice by someone with ties to the club that Daisy won't be offered a deal for 2020 and Simpson will retire at some stage this year. Murphy will definitely play on. This person doesn't say much but when he does I listen.

He told me about LeBois getting another year last year when most said he wouldn't.

Club is very confident on some recruits for 2020 and will bring in number of "ready made" players between 23-26 years of age from other clubs. I was confident that we would make around 5-6 changes this year but could be as many as 10 depending on who we can get across. We are heavily into a number of players and have been extremely active and are offering good money. Expect any draftees to be late picks.

No idea about coach but definitely an experienced coach.

B70 & Shmurph3 may know better but that's what I have been told.

Last edited:
If thomas is not being offered a contract must be very confident that enough quality will be brought in. Hopefully hes kept on in some capacity

That's my take. We are building our next great side and we still have a lot to do. Sacrifices have to be made.

I'm hoping that Docherty & Willo come back strong next year and we need players like Schumacher stepping up.

I remember being sad when Ashman retired but it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back