Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennedy???. Waiting for the inevitable excuses for him. Not upto it and will be delisted at the end of the season. Murphy needs to stand up and have a huge season or retire at the end of the year. Game seems to have passed him by.
moods goes all happy new year with a whackity whack whack.........

Kennedy???. Waiting for the inevitable excuses for him. Not upto it and will be delisted at the end of the season. Murphy needs to stand up and have a huge season or retire at the end of the year. Game seems to have passed him by.
Geez you're fun.

Murph's fine, just can't play him as a full-blown inside midfielder. Hopefully don't have to with Cripps, Kennedy, Ed, Dow, Setterfield as bigger bodies.

Kennedy will be a part of our midfield for years to come. He was our 9th highest average disposal accumulator over the course of the season which includes him leaving the field after about 15 minutes in round 1 and then playing the rest of the season with his busted ankle ligament, not to mention a limited preseason due to surgery on both shoulders. The bloke had 1 limb that wasn't impeded and did more than most... not to mention he's one of the only guys in our team you see regularly run block lines, etc for the other mids. I'd say if he's getting delisted then we're probably due for about 30 changes come October/November.

Bold claims.
Be nice enough to give a guy more than an injury-riddled year before you cast him aside.

10 years of giving sub standard players 2, 3 4 or 9 years before we decide they can't play. Case in point Thomas. We bought a lemon and paid top dollar. He has conned his way into hanging around on the list. If he has potential as a coach sign him up, but his onfield performances do not justify another contract. Anyway another year watching him turnover the ball, and only plays because the coach likes him. Then we have Casboult. An Australian born professional footballer who spent his first 5 years learning how to kick a football. Mason Cox and the Irish players never heard of AFL and they kick like it was second nature. 9 years on, he is still on the list.

10 years of giving sub standard players 2, 3 4 or 9 years before we decide they can't play. Case in point Thomas. We bought a lemon and paid top dollar. He has conned his way into hanging around on the list. If he has potential as a coach sign him up, but his onfield performances do not justify another contract. Anyway another year watching him turnover the ball, and only plays because the coach likes him. Then we have Casboult. An Australian born professional footballer who spent his first 5 years learning how to kick a football. Mason Cox and the Irish players never heard of AFL and they kick like it was second nature. 9 years on, he is still on the list.
The only thing you have right so far today is Cashboult still can't kick a football.

All I know is that the Northern Blues will be worth watching this year. I'll be attending many more games than last season. It will be like watching a legitimate Carlton development squad. With names such as Setterfield, Stocker, Macreadie, BSOS, Finbar, Cuners, TDK, LeBois, Polson, Goddard, Lang, Schumacher, Garlett, Phillips, Lobbe, Owies and Kerr, there's talent on every line.

Could also potentially include Gibbons and Cottrell.
Will be good if they can get some continuation in the side instead of having four or five changes every week, be nice to see a competitive ants team pushing for senior selection week in and week out, will really accelerate the development of the players at that level too which is something we have been crying out for for many a year now. Will definitely be worth watching this year with the players that will be playing in the 2s, should have a strong midfield rotation in there as well with S Fisher, Wilson, Setterfield, Schumacher, Stocker, Gibbons (a huge inclusion), Cunningham, JSOS, Phillips, Polson etc.. all playing consistently in the early part of the year. Should give the forwards some good supply to learn there craft, players like Kerr, DeKoning, LeBois, JSOS, Palmer, Polson, Finbar the flying tomato O’Dwyer etc should all see plenty of the ball forward of centre this year let’s hope they can take advantage of it and kick some big scores.

I'll give you Casboult's kicking.

Put some respect on Thomas' name. Notwithstanding being overpaid initially (no fault of his), he was easily best 22 last year and has more talent than the majority of our list. He still does stupid s**t like random inside out torpedoes and won't play 22 games this year, but he has a role to play in 2019 on a vastly reduced contract.

There's no need to get tilted over an experienced vet who has reached the pinnacle of the sport remaining on the list for another year. Absolutely no need, given our list has minimal ******* idea how to win.

A new year and with the 1st post for 2019, same old Moody!

Walsh in his first year is going to average 20 possessions a game?
Dow played many midfield minutes last year and had one 20 possession game. Just one.
A first year player will often get a RS nomination after such a game, but Walsh is going to have around 16 of them?

It's not going to happen but if anyone could do it, it may be Walsh.
Called him Mr. Everywhere last year but he'll need to elevate that to superman status to muster those sorts of numbers.
I suppose the benefit for Walsh is that he has Cripps in the heart of the battle and i rate kennedy highly also. If these 2 start destroying midfield contests, we may see Walsh gather a higher amount the usual 1st years.

Im not sure 20 is on the cards, but i see him surpassing Dow's 1st year. And i fully expect Walsh to win the rising star award by a decent margain.

You didn’t watch any footy in 2018 did you??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give you Casboult's kicking.

Put some respect on Thomas' name. Notwithstanding being overpaid initially (no fault of his), he was easily best 22 last year and has more talent than the majority of our list. He still does stupid s**t like random inside out torpedoes and won't play 22 games this year, but he has a role to play in 2019 on a vastly reduced contract.

There's no need to get tilted over an experienced vet who has reached the pinnacle of the sport remaining on the list for another year. Absolutely no need, given our list has minimal ******* idea how to win.

They are the last results of the previous regime.

I’m only interested in what has happened under the current regime. Even then if we look hard enough we can find mistakes.

It’s the overall picture that matters and we are finally on the right track

Surprised Moody only went back 10 years, sure he still has angst over the 1966 switch to decimal currency
he was exposed with a greater than normal stake in pennies though......

Kind of wonder if it’d actually be better for his development playing him as a permanent inside midfielder at VFL level and seeing how he goes.

Never been a big accumulator, but generally makes good decisions and has nice reflexes in close.

Jobe Watson minus the PEDs type revival?

But is Jack SOS a feminist???

I agree with the basic tenor of the post. But we have lost Docherty again (and chances are, he'll never be the player he was). And I'm not quite so optimistic about Kreuzer (I suspect his body won't hold together either).

Stef you mention 2 players : Doc and K. And I think your concerns are valid regarding their individual outputs: Doc may never be 2017 esque again and Kreuzer has and is injury prone. But if we look at both their outputs for 2018- because my OP was about relative improvements going forward from 2018

2018 Doc had zero output, and will have zero output in 2019. There is no deterioration for 2019. with luck however he will improve in 2020 and going forward.
2018 K had a very interrupted season - missing Rd 2, 5,6,12,15,18-23. There was hardly any continuity for the whole year. It would be quite easy for K to surpass his 2018 output in 2019, and I am sure he still has at least another 3-4 years left of very good football. He is still young for a ruckman. eg Mumford being brought back for GWS at nearly 33 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back