Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping for a big season from big Matty Kreuzer, if he can be healthy he will have as big of an impact as 2017. In an inexperienced midfield, his bullocking work through the middle is as important as Cripps imo. The younger guys will walk taller.

I can't see why he couldn't

Only 29-30, hadn't missed a beat on the track, why not

Stef you mention 2 players : Doc and K. And I think your concerns are valid regarding their individual outputs: Doc may never be 2017 esque again and Kreuzer has and is injury prone. But if we look at both their outputs for 2018- because my OP was about relative improvements going forward from 2018

2018 Doc had zero output, and will have zero output in 2019. There is no deterioration for 2019. with luck however he will improve in 2020 and going forward.
2018 K had a very interrupted season - missing Rd 2, 5,6,12,15,18-23. There was hardly any continuity for the whole year. It would be quite easy for K to surpass his 2018 output in 2019, and I am sure he still has at least another 3-4 years left of very good football. He is still young for a ruckman. eg Mumford being brought back for GWS at nearly 33 years

Good points.

A new year and with the 1st post for 2019, same old Moody!

Been highlighting issues since 2012 and I have been proven correct on most of them. The cheerleaders on this site can't face the facts.
Our midfield is starting to take shape and will become formidable in the next 2 years, assuming we can keep all of our players.
Despite the improvement, we will end up in the bottom 3 in 2019. Depending on what type of losses we incur will determine BB's position. A repeat of some of last season's deplorable efforts will result in a change of coach. I am hoping 2020 will be the dawn of the CFC in the 21st Century. New coach, young quality players ready to take the next big step.

I think most likely he will be but if we have another two win season I am not so sure. Although i am pretty sure we will do better this year.

Strange that most people continue to focus on "2 wins", especially after a horrible run of injuries, yet dismiss results of the 2 years previous. I guess it will continued to be mentioned until it changes, which I believe it will

Strange that most people continue to focus on "2 wins", especially after a horrible run of injuries, yet dismiss results of the 2 years previous. I guess it will continued to be mentioned until it changes, which I believe it will
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Been highlighting issues since 2012 and I have been proven correct on most of them. The cheerleaders on this site can't face the facts.
Our midfield is starting to take shape and will become formidable in the next 2 years, assuming we can keep all of our players.
Despite the improvement, we will end up in the bottom 3 in 2019. Depending on what type of losses we incur will determine BB's position. A repeat of some of last season's deplorable efforts will result in a change of coach. I am hoping 2020 will be the dawn of the CFC in the 21st Century. New coach, young quality players ready to take the next big step.

Anything prior to 2015 is irrelevant. As SOS put so well it's a NEW club. People need to move on.

"Cheerleaders" is a poor comment. I'm positive about the direction we are heading but it's NOT cheerleading. Prior to to MLG, Bolton etc I was a critical of the club as anyone. It was a basket case. Now is different. Are they perfect? No way but we need to look at the entire picture.

Bolton isn't going anywhere.

What was great about 2018 is that in a year when things couldn't get worse the club stood together and NEVER veered off the path that they set. Impressive IMO. They stayed united

2019 will be a step forward but certainly not perfect. There will be ups and downs but the talent will start to become obvious.

Anything prior to 2015 is irrelevant. As SOS put so well it's a NEW club. People need to move on.

"Cheerleaders" is a poor comment. I'm positive about the direction we are heading but it's NOT cheerleading. Prior to to MLG, Bolton etc I was a critical of the club as anyone. It was a basket case. Now is different. Are they perfect? No way but we need to look at the entire picture.

What was great about 2018 is that in a year when things couldn't get worse the club stood together and NEVER veered off the path that they set. Impressive IMO. They stayed united

2019 will be a step forward but certainly not perfect. There will be ups and downs but the talent will start to become obvious.

Well said i reckon.

Like you, i was highly critical of us pre end of 2015 when that was what i believed the evidence before me demanded.

But since the end of 2015 i've been a bit of a cheerleader for what we have put in place, once again because i believe the evidence demands it.

Despite the disaster of last year, i am still bullish in what i see as the turning around of The Titanic. We are 15 months away from a sustained period of competing again on the AFL ladder. More change will continue but the bulk has been done, and done well imo.

The clubs united stance was impressive

Highlighted by MLG and SOS coming out strongly in the media and backing our direction. Gave me great confidence.

As supporters we've backed the club well with membership numbers and it is obvious we see the direction.

However the improvement needs to come now, and like it or not a lot of that will be gauged of win total

Minimum pass marks for me

2019 - 6 wins
2020 - 10 wins
2021 - finals

Last edited:

I think the club has a great history and is not irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like you, i was highly critical of us pre end of 2015 when that was what i believed the evidence before me demanded.
But since the end of 2015 i've been a bit of a cheerleader for what we have put in place, once again because i believe the evidence demands it.

Despite the disaster of last year, i am still bullish in what i see as the turning around of The Titanic. We are 15 months away from a sustained period of competing again on the AFL ladder. More change will continue but the bulk has been done, and done well imo.

It's hard though not to have been sceptical, given the woeful management of the club in those misguided years.
The only real lift we got was when Judd joined us. It gave us some credibility on the field, yet we were still a shambles off it.

So far, so good through this apparent new change of culture at the club, given it's not as easy as turning a tap on and off.
Some mindsets and methods stay put to some degree and are capable of being ignited at any 'suitable' moment, yet no lunacy has come about in the past three years, since the appointment of Silvagni. Not saying he's the difference, but at least his appointment was a huge step n the right direction and subsequent appointments have mostly made sense around him.

Having said all that though and if we did have a poor year on the field and if a favourable option was available (made available) I could understand if the club was to move Bolton on.
I trust that won't be the case, but again, should things go belly-up this year, I'd be disappointed if the club didn't explore options.

It's hard though not to have been sceptical, given the woeful management of the club in those misguided years.
The only real lift we got was when Judd joined us. It gave us some credibility on the field, yet we were still a shambles off it.

So far, so good through this apparent new change of culture at the club, given it's not as easy as turning a tap on and off.
Some mindsets and methods stay put to some degree and are capable of being ignited at any 'suitable' moment, yet no lunacy has come about in the past three years, since the appointment of Silvagni. Not saying he's the difference, but at least his appointment was a huge step n the right direction and subsequent appointments have mostly made sense around him.

Having said all that though and if we did have a poor year on the field and if a favourable option was available (made available) I could understand if the club was to move Bolton on.
I trust that won't be the case, but again, should things go belly-up this year, I'd be disappointed if the club didn't explore options.

As long as well reasoned fact, direction and purpose dictate change, then no-one should be a sacred cow. Bolton, or even Silvagni or Judd included. I'm not convinced that Bolton can successfully coach yet but i do know that he has done absolutely everything so far for the betterment of the club. He has earned a few ticks in my mind. He has the Group, and he is hopefully learning, growing and developing himself.

He is part of the open book that i see much of the club as, but i'm mainly enjoying the reading so far.

It could be something like Brisbane, not necessarily notching many more wins but showing something to get the general public interested/intrigued and turn the negative opinions around.

Keep off the bottom of the ladder, preferably 16th or higher. Notch up 5 wins, the same as Brisbane last year, do it in a more visually appealing fashion including a couple against legitimate top 8 teams, no massive blowouts and a healthy boost to our end of year percentage would be enough to get the conversation going.

I guess the only good thing about our abysmal 2018 is that it's not hard to improve on 2 wins & 59.3%....

As long as well reasoned fact, direction and purpose dictate change, then no-one should be a sacred cow. Bolton, or even Silvagni or Judd included. I'm not convinced that Bolton can successfully coach yet but i do know that he has done absolutely everything so far for the betterment of the club. He has earned a few ticks in my mind. He has the Group, and he is hopefully learning, growing and developing himself.

He is part of the open book that i see much of the club as, but i'm mainly enjoying the reading so far.

Given we've made some very good and astute appointments (Not sure on the Walls on though, yet) in the last few years, one has reason to have a little more 'faith' in the clubs' decisions and why a change of coach shouldn't be feared as much as it may have been.
Had have we moved on Bolton in '17 or '18, it would have shown up the leopard not to have changed its spots, but to have another bad year now and to just be seen to let things roll on, may not be quite so wise. At the very least, you'd want to be told that a process is taking place.

This isn't a discussion about Boltons abilities per se, but just what the board may have on the table over the course of the next six months.
I have my own feelings on Bolton and the way he may be perceived internally, but that's all I have; feelings. No proof, just feelings.

It could be something like Brisbane, not necessarily notching many more wins but showing something to get the general public interested/intrigued and turn the negative opinions around.

Keep off the bottom of the ladder, preferably 16th or higher. Notch up 5 wins, the same as Brisbane last year, do it in a more visually appealing fashion including a couple against legitimate top 8 teams, no massive blowouts and a healthy boost to our end of year percentage would be enough to get the conversation going.

I guess the only good thing about our abysmal 2018 is that it's not hard to improve on 2 wins & 59.3%....

The problem is that Brisbane is a club the AFL wants to pump up for the sake of Queensland footy.

We could defy all expectations and finish 9th on the ladder, narrowly missing out by percentage, and the rhetoric would be how Carlton choked and missed finals. There's a bit of hyperbole there, I'm sure there would be plenty of love for Charlie and Cripps, but the point stands that we will always be painted in a negative light by many prominent media figures. Brisbane are a protected species. As is Gold Coast.

The clubs united stance was impressive

Highlighted by MLG and SOS coming out strongly in the media and backing out direction. Gave me great confidence.

As supporters we've backed the club well with membership numbers and it is obvious we see the direction.

However the improvement needs to come now, and like it or not a lot of that will be gauged of run total

Minimum pass marks for me

2019 - 6 wins
2020 - 10 wins
2021 - finals
Definitely minimum, with lots of upside

Seriously, if anyone cant enjoy the transformation of this list, why would you even bother to read BF in pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back