Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Jesus i have read so many pages and so many versions of ruck options in this thread but have not seen the one that suits your needs the best , Ok tell me what you guys think of this idea.

Carltoon dont need a good ruckman until 2022 as thats when i see you guys challenging as a legitimate "Chance at a flag"
Kreuzer and the current blokes will have to do until then and are capable ad are young enough to get through

Big 2mtr Peter Wright is the perfect player that would fit in nicely rotating with McKay fwd/Ruck, And the beauty is he will be a free agent at the perfect time for you blokes.

Unless you can get an 'Elite' Ruckman like Gawn,Grundy which is just about no chance of them moving then a capable Ruckman that is also a very very good foward would be perfect

2018 - Scott Lycett average ruckman hardly elite
2017 - Toby Nankervis - Not an elite Ruckman just a hard worker that fights like a pitbull
2016 - Tom Boyd - No Need to go any further
2015 - Ben Mc Evoy - Not in the top 5 Ruckman but a honest hard working ruck

Ruckman just need to get the job done and 2mtr peter is your man

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Clueless. Glad you not in recruiting mate.
2MP is a key forward , not a ruckman.

Like Pies getting Jolly or Cats getting Otten or Hawks getting McEvoy, rucks can be found if really needed when in premiership window. In the meantime we are ok for rucks and 2021 is probably when we contend anyway, Soon enough for plenty of opportunity for one of our ruck options to still be around. If we find we need another one we can work on that in a year or two. Until then getting our young midfield and young forward line working together is our first step forward.

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
See what second tier rucks start to step up this year or next and are looking for an opportunity. Best way to do it

Agree. Rucks are so over rated, heck over the past 2 years we have had probably the 3rd best ruck in the game in kruz

Heard a rumor we ain't super impressed with the two boys we brought in (Gibbons.cottrell)

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
Agree. Rucks are so over rated, heck over the past 2 years we have had probably the 3rd best ruck in the game in kruz

Heard a rumor we ain't super impressed with the two boys we brought in (Gibbons.cottrell)
Interesting rumour. Plenty of positive feedback from player interviews, however they would be obliged to be positive discussing potential team mates.
Would be great to get some real comparative feedback from the Fisher, Blakey, Palmer block as opposed to these two.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Jesus i have read so many pages and so many versions of ruck options in this thread but have not seen the one that suits your needs the best , Ok tell me what you guys think of this idea.

Carltoon dont need a good ruckman until 2022 as thats when i see you guys challenging as a legitimate "Chance at a flag"
Kreuzer and the current blokes will have to do until then and are capable ad are young enough to get through

Big 2mtr Peter Wright is the perfect player that would fit in nicely rotating with McKay fwd/Ruck, And the beauty is he will be a free agent at the perfect time for you blokes.

Unless you can get an 'Elite' Ruckman like Gawn,Grundy which is just about no chance of them moving then a capable Ruckman that is also a very very good foward would be perfect

2018 - Scott Lycett average ruckman hardly elite
2017 - Toby Nankervis - Not an elite Ruckman just a hard worker that fights like a pitbull
2016 - Tom Boyd - No Need to go any further
2015 - Ben Mc Evoy - Not in the top 5 Ruckman but a honest hard working ruck

Ruckman just need to get the job done and 2mtr peter is your man
2mtr Tom will be right by then.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I deadset cannot see casboult ahead of anyone anymore anytime ennio morricone.........

it will be interesting to see how it pans out, my thought of Was being picked ahead, is based on the assumption that the club wants to prioritise winning games of football this season rather than having an eye on the future.

obviously you want to do both, but hopefully this season its a lot harder for the kids to get a game.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
I rate Peter Wright but with McKay & TDK is he a need?

With the midfield we are building a big bodies ruck similar to Mumford is what we need to crash, bash, make room and protect

Well that aint 2m peter.
Pretty sure he has stated he doesnt even like the ruck and see's himself as a forward.
Lacks the required intensity for mine ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate Peter Wright but with McKay & TDK is he a need?

With the midfield we are building a big bodies ruck similar to Mumford is what we need to crash, bash, make room and protect
think 2metre tom is tdk........

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it can especially for young players. Nothing wrong with depth

We expect to see Curnow , McKay and McGovern up forward this season.
We have Kerr , De Konning , Silvagni x 2 , O'Dwyer as "depth" and even Casboult in case of emergency.
Wright wouldnt be let go cheap.
We dont need to squander resources on depth (see warnock).
Lets see if we can snare a classy small forward and a small defender ...

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
We expect to see Curnow , McKay and McGovern up forward this season.
We have Kerr , De Konning , Silvagni x 2 , O'Dwyer as "depth" and even Casboult in case of emergency.
Wright wouldnt be let go cheap.
We dont need to squander resources on depth (see warnock).
Lets see if we can snare a classy small forward and a small defender ...

I never said chase him. I said I’d take him if we could get him cheap. Like I would with lots of players

Certainly not a target. Slight overreaction

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
christ, rb, how many defenders do we need?

Going forward we will need a super quick defender with silky disposal at speed.

A Chris Yarran (without the downside).

May be that one of the young mids who can't quite hold a place in the rotation gets retooled for that role, but he has to be fully comfortable with the decision to make it work. Which he may or may not be.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

May be that one of the young mids who can't quite hold a place in the rotation gets retooled for that role, but he has to be fully comfortable with the decision to make it work. Which he may or may not be.

Cuningham Garlett Pickett maybe SPS. Plus we have Docherty & Williamson

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Cuningham Garlett Pickett maybe SPS.

The first one does not have blistering pace, the second doesn't have the disposal or decision making, the third is too lazy and the fourth might not accept the "lesser" role.

Plus we have Docherty & Williamson
Fine players, but neither is a running line breaker.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The first one does not have blistering pace, the second doesn't have the disposal or decision making, the third is too lazy and the fourth might not accept the "lesser" role.

Fine players, but neither is a running line breaker.

Speed is not only about leg speed. It’s about smarts and ball use.

Plus I reckon your assessments are way off

PumpyChowdown

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2007
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
SUNS Maple Leafs Titans Liverpool

Pickett is our man if he can get a run at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back