Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a pick in the draft already.

Grigg retired due to injury.

It's pretty poor to suggest someone should retire despite not having an injury just so we can open up another spot for a speculative draftee.
totally agree, j - I'm just suggesting the dirty tiges did - not that we should....

Anyone got an idea of who we will pick up in the mid season draft ?

A Sydney Stack esque type would be welcome, failing that, maybe a decent young ruck prospect ?

GWS and Swans have minimal control, our cap could comfortably handle anything their clubs could realistically offer.

As for Grundy, I did state it was unlikely, but as we saw with Shiel last year, anything could happen, especially how player driven the AFL is nowadays, which the AFL love to promote and nurture

One could argue that player movement is turning into the main event. The season proper is just a sideshow.

I was always interested in trade period to see who we could get. Now I'll be tuning in just to make sure we're retaining our stars.

Why would we retire someone prematurely to get a pick in the draft?

its the toss faeces onto the wall theory . Most of it will fall off but some will stick. Lets face it the midseason draft cannot be a happy hunting ground for list managers. Its luck if any of them become players. But some do become players and its really a numbers game. Take as many picks as you can and hopefully one will show something. tim Kelly. McGovern immediately spring to mind

We have a pick in the draft already.

Grigg retired due to injury.

It's pretty poor to suggest someone should retire despite not having an injury just so we can open up another spot for a speculative draftee.
Poor? Perhaps? As I understand it, the pick we will be using equates to Pickett out for the season, and we have the opportunity to take a pick if we put Doc on the list. Surely if we put Doc on the list and he becomes available late season, we could then "retire" a player if we don't have another LTI to facilitate Doc's return/availability.

If our recruiters have a second player in mind who may be available late in the mid season draft. I am sure we would make it happen.

I'd be interested to know if we're one of the clubs in the market for Aiden Bonar.

Very early in the season for a article like this to be written but always good to have excitement and speculation in the air. Great work Mitch Cleary :)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-10/aiden-bonar
Just to temper your thoughts on the attraction of GWS boys who can't get a game. Matt Kennedy played 16 senior games for them in 2017 and
currently can't get a game with us.

Just to temper your thoughts on the attraction of GWS boys who can't get a game. Matt Kennedy played 16 senior games for them in 2017 and
currently can't get a game with us.

Difference being Bonar runs a 2.9 second 20m sprint. That's quicker than the time David Cuningham recorded in his draft year.

3rd fastest recorded in his draft class. Explosive off the mark.

He's one of those could be anything players.

Anyone got an idea of who we will pick up in the mid season draft ?
A Sydney Stack esque type would be welcome, failing that, maybe a decent young ruck prospect ?

Who do we really think we can pick up 10 weeks into a season that we couldn't have picked up before?

The only type that I can see is a ruck-man right now, as Phillips and Lobbe have seemingly slowed down.
No one else makes sense to me, as if they weren't visible before, how could they have suddenly become visible now, if our eyes were open?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Michael "Magic" Bennell worth our mid-year draft selection? Tearing it up in the WAFL for the Perth Demons, and now in a State game vs SA.

https://thewest.com.au/news/albany-...-draft-claims-in-state-colours-ng-b881196933z

Would love a live-wire type in our forward line, particularly an unknown quantity like "Magic", who has worked hard on his forward pressure craft.

Not a huge possession winner, but when he does touch it, something usually happens in terms of goals.

1557831137385.png 1557831169465.png

Attachments

• 1557831612443.png
    1557831612443.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 133
Difference being Bonar runs a 2.9 second 20m sprint. That's quicker than the time David Cuningham recorded in his draft year.

3rd fastest recorded in his draft class. Explosive off the mark.

He's one of those could be anything players.
Before the knee injury i know he was pretty highly regarded and has looked to come back well from it to get drafted quick powerful player who could have enormous upside pretty sure his tank was not bad when drafted.

Why would we retire someone prematurely to get a pick in the draft?

Pretty easy.

One or more on the list may have had a line ruled through their name or may not be contributing.

One or more in the draft might contribute more to the side going forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lobbe gets a shove

Is Michael "Magic" Bennell worth our mid-year draft selection? Tearing it up in the WAFL for the Perth Demons, and now in a State game vs SA.

https://thewest.com.au/news/albany-...-draft-claims-in-state-colours-ng-b881196933z

Would love a live-wire type in our forward line, particularly an unknown quantity like "Magic", who has worked hard on his forward pressure craft.

Not a huge possession winner, but when he does touch it, something usually happens in terms of goals.

View attachment 673912View attachment 673914

Was having a look at his stats last week and i don't see how you can pick a player lie this. I think he averages 7 disposals or so, its just not enough imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back