Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know whether it is just the photo being out of whack....Pickett looks a bit puffy in that photo...more so than I’ve ever seen him before. It would be difficult to keep the weight off given he can’t run. It’s been nearly 5 months since he ruptured his patella tendon. Apparently 3 months to return to normal activities and 4-6 months to return to sports. May need to be careful with what and how much he eats. Good luck to him.

"2 Cripps".

drool-clipart-homer-simpson-2.jpg
His younger brother?

Don’t know whether it is just the photo being out of whack....Pickett looks a bit puffy in that photo...more so than I’ve ever seen him before. It would be difficult to keep the weight off given he can’t run. It’s been nearly 5 months since he ruptured his patella tendon. Apparently 3 months to return to normal activities and 4-6 months to return to sports. May need to be careful with what and how much he eats. Good luck to him.

I had partial tear hurt to row and cycle, walking down steep hills and stairs hurt. Combined with hating to swim for fitness. It's tough to not become a lard arse. Yes, I got fatter!

Who will have been the better player when all is done and dusted.

Cripps or Judd?

I’m hoping once Cripps’ career is over he’d have won 5 b&fs,2 brownlows and a premiership.

Judd, and to be honest it's not even close.

And that's taking nothing away from Cripps who is a superstar.

Whilst Cripps doesnt have the Brownlow or premierships that Judd has and even if he went through his career without getting any, If he performs at this level for another 8/9 years - I would take Cripps if selecting a team

Kids a real Gun

judd comfortably.........atm.........

Last edited:
Cripps is matching 'Carlton Judd's output at the moment.

WCE Judd another level that Cripps probably won't reach.
Eh? Judd was great but Cripps is doing things judd could never do just as judd did some things Cripps could never do. Both absolute champions thus far by 24 years old Cripps is ahead. Especially considering Cripps has dealt with 2 broken legs already.

Eh? Judd was great but Cripps is doing things judd could never do just as judd did some things Cripps could never do. Both absolute champions thus far by 24 years old Cripps is ahead. Especially considering Cripps has dealt with 2 broken legs already.
You got a short memory? Judd at his peak is rated like, top 5 of all time. There were questions whether he’d be the GOAT. Cripps ain’t there, yet.

Judd had a Brownlow at 21..

Our talent is undeniable I think by the end of the year people will have us pushing for the 8 next year. We are a real chance against the GWS

You got a short memory? Judd at his peak is rated like, top 5 of all time. There were questions whether he’d be the GOAT. Cripps ain’t there, yet.

Judd had a Brownlow at 21..
And? People are discussing if Cripps will be carltons greatest ever, the gap is subjective. Not objective. They're both absolute guns and if Crippa had been in a slightly better team, let alone one that was capable of challenging he probably would've had a brownlow by now too. If he doesn't lose time to 2 broken legs on top of being in such a lowly team hes being spoken about as one of the Goats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps or Judd?

I’m hoping once Cripps’ career is over he’d have won 5 b&fs,2 brownlows and a premiership.

Only a premiership, if this team only win one premiership in the next 10 years then it's a fail.

Having a further look at our young midfield crop:

Name / pre-2019 games / Est. 2019 games / Est. Total end of 2019
Walsh / 0 / 21 / 21
Stocker / 0 / 15 / 15
Setterfield / 2 / 18 / 20
Cuningham / 16 / 18 / 34
O'Brien / 18 / 12 / 30
Dow / 20 / 22 / 42
Kennedy / 31 / 8 / 40
Fisher / 34 / 22 / 56
SPS / 42 / 22 / 64
Cripps / 81 / 22 / 103

Looking at it in groups:
Bracket / 2019 / 2020
0-2: 4 / 0
3-22: 3 / 4
23-49: 3 / 4
50-99: 1 / 2
100+: 0 / 1

Start of 2019 average was 22 games (and about 21 years old), come round 1 next year that game average could be almost double at 40. Not that its hard to believe, given our midfield age profile, but it's still pretty crazy to think that we could almost double our AFL experience in the space of 23 weeks.

At the ends of the ground we've already had Weiters, Charlie & Mitch break 50 games this season and they should be followed by Marchbank, Jack & Newman with Harry another year off. Not counting any of the veterans (Simmo, Jones, Daisy, Murph, Ed, Kreuz etc) the rest of our forwards should have an average age around 23.5 and our defenders a year older than that. The 'Doc & under' section of the team probably starts 2020 with averages around 23 years & close to 50 games (then those numbers get padded out a bit with the old blokes).

Just looking at the age & experience profiles of what is a significant chunk of our list, I can't help feeling that it's not far off clicking, and when it does it'll all happen fast.
Nice 👍

Nice debate little unfair though both have different strengths and started their careers in polar opposite teams, Cripps no doubt will go down as a Carlton all time great absolute gun Juddy was a champion and had a awesome career at Carlton but his WCE days before he lost his electrifying pace was something else to watch in full flight...

Only a premiership, if this team only win one premiership in the next 10 years then it's a fail.

I hope you are joking.

It’s not easy to win a premiership, let alone multiple in within a 10 year window.

So Jon Anderson (journo) thinks that Shiel chose the wrong team (der) should’ve chosen Carlton so he could complement Cripps (der) and that he gets tagged at Essendon and probably would not have at Carlton (DER).Has heard in football circles(along with Mark Robinson) that he may be regretting his decision.Ah well it’s only 5 YEARS Dylan.Sos still not taking your calls though.

Cripps or Judd?

Judd right now but give Cripps the type of midfield talent at the peak of his career that Juddy had and I'd put money on Cripps.

It's not on Cripps, it's on whose around him.

Sorry Benaly28 hadn't gotten up to your post when I posted.

Just a question about Pickett being out for the season supposedly...........can Carlton get another mid-season draft pick because of Pickett being on the long term injury list or not???

I hope you are joking.

It’s not easy to win a premiership, let alone multiple in within a 10 year window.

I'm 100% serious. SOS has put together a list with so much young talent with the plan to win premierships not just one and done but to have sustained success. If we only win one then some key player didn't fulfill there potential or we lost too many players like the Gaints have. When Cripps finishes his career he'll be compared to Hodge and Archer as tough hard nuts, great leaders and multiple premiership players.

I agree Judd but not by the dismissive margin your suggesting. One played in a magnificent midfield the other doesn't, or not yet. They are different players and Judd had the pace,silk and then learn't the inside game at Carlton due to necessity and was a jet. Crippa is fast becoming the best inside midfielder that I've seen.And I've seen a few! He is now adding pace, agility and goals. It's Judd for overall career but not by a miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back