Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The talk when we signed Fasolo was for a 3 year deal so if we're wrapping him up early we'll have to count it in our salary cap.
We supposedly offered 3 at solid money, he wanted 2 at more money, we baulked and he apparently took a 1 year deal with an option for either the salary he asked for, or slightly more.

I hope we don't exercise or activate that option.

How many years can Owies be Cat B? Does he have to be upgraded next year?
Three

Yep. He’s shown little bits but hasn’t done a lot. I just can’t believe SOS would select him and then delist in one year knowing he would take time when they drafted him
if we delist him in one year that would be a complete and utter waste, surely we give him another 1-2 year contract after next year to see how he develops, same with schumacher would be incredibly disappointed if we give him the flick at the end of this year

We supposedly offered 3 at solid money, he wanted 2 at more money, we baulked and he apparently took a 1 year deal with an option for either the salary he asked for, or slightly more.

Three

So we aren’t sure about Fasolo’s contract and Owies can have another year as Cat B?

I remember years ago the talk on BF was that Jack's younger brothers were supposed to be better than him.

Now all of a sudden Ben isn't much chop?

I need to start watching the VFL so I don't have to keep relying on second and third hand information.

BSOS looks okay to me. Just raw and need some time. I certainly wouldn’t be writing him off at all

What’s your thoughts on Schumacher? He seems to be getting better numbers week by week but I don’t get to vfl games. Has he got potential to step up to the next level?

I think he has been good. He was also a raw player when he arrived. Stepped up this year but probably not quite ready yet. IMO deserves another year and if can keep improving we have another good tall running defender. Like to see him become more attacking in his play and use his good left foot more

Three

How did Collingwodd get a compo pick off a 1 year deal?

We need top level clarification.

I think he has been good. He was also a raw player when he arrived. Stepped up this year but probably not quite ready yet. IMO deserves another year and if can keep improving we have another good tall running defender. Like to see him become more attacking in his play and use his good left foot more
I agree that he should get another year from what I have read. Some players just take time to develop but sometimes worth the wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember years ago the talk on BF was that Jack's younger brothers were supposed to be better than him.

Now all of a sudden Ben isn't much chop?

I need to start watching the VFL so I don't have to keep relying on second and third hand information.
Jack was the better player at Xavier College. More liked too.

Dunno if anyone noticed, but Kyle Dunkley was pretty impressive when he came on last Sunday.
We still haven't seen Joshy De in action yet, but I'm hoping we didn't back the wrong horse....free hit at a 19yo kid who has shown massive upside over the past 12 months.
Can't say I'm terribly impressed with SOS's lower/rookie picks in recent years (apart from Gibbo) but hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Dunno if anyone noticed, but Kyle Dunkley was pretty impressive when he came on last Sunday.
We still haven't seen Joshy De in action yet, but I'm hoping we didn't back the wrong horse....free hit at a 19yo kid who has shown massive upside over the past 12 months.
Can't say I'm terribly impressed with SOS's lower/rookie picks in recent years (apart from Gibbo) but hopefully I'm proven wrong.

I wanted Dunkley but DeLuca looks okay as well. IMO just showed we are now focussed on more mature players

Last edited:
I wanted Dunkley but DeLuca looks okay as well
True Soap, he's effectively been tagged in his first few games with the NB's, the first one by the other Selwood....so that's a good sign.

Drafting Dunkley would have taken a bit of pressure off us come draft time in Nov....if we trade our higher picks for established players, we would have already jagged a talented 19yo, which we could have elevated onto our senior list, effectively as a lower draft pick in the ND.

I'm sure there are more astute brains than ours though at the club making these decisions.

I love Kruez to death, but the reality of the situation is that he has spent the majority of the last two season off the ground due to injury. This is a recurring pattern over the course of his career.

Do we keep him on our list? Sure, given our terrible ruck depth, but that is the only thing that may be saving him, in the short to medium term. You cannot expect to stay around, even when he's able to contribute what he can when he gets out there, if the majority of your time is spent off the ground.
He’s played 10/15 this year. Looks set to become 11/16 this week. He played 12/22 last year. 21/22 each of the two years prior. He’s comfortably our second best clearance player. Like easily. I’ve no idea what the basis of your argument is.

He’s played 10/15 this year. Looks set to become 11/16 this week. He played 12/22 last year. 21/22 each of the two years prior. He’s comfortably our second best clearance player. Like easily. I’ve no idea what the basis of your argument is.
Were there a decent incumbent - if we had a young Nankervis/Lycett on our list, of age to play ones and not vegetate in the twos - Kruezer would be under far more pressure for his position than he is. He's not got time working in his favour anymore. He's 31.

It's a pretty big IF concerning how many games he plays per season from this point on, and if he cannot manage more than 15 games a year for 3 years he would be in a lot more trouble than he is, best clearance player or not.

True Soap, he's effectively been tagged in his first few games with the NB's, the first one by the other Selwood....so that's a good sign.

Drafting Dunkley would have taken a bit of pressure off us come draft time in Nov....if we trade our higher picks for established players, we would have already jagged a talented 19yo, which we could have elevated onto our senior list, effectively as a lower draft pick in the ND.

I'm sure there are more astute brains than ours though at the club making these decisions.
I just watch OTC tonight, very positive conversation towards us and GC getting a top pick which must be traded for a mature player, would so happy if this happened.. Sounds like we will have a very active trade period this year, hopefully Soaps info is on the money..

That he struggles to stay on the park and when he is playing, has multiple in game injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back