Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you - and others - would have so much to complain about it would be just as good for you as if we'd won..........
He had 6 goals kicked on him in 3 quarters by a player who had kicked 12 in 14 games prior to that. If McDonald hadn't got injured he was on track for 8 or 9. Jones was abysmal last week, clearly worst on ground.

The hyperbole around him is amazing, at his best he is decent, but people saying he is AA consideration or top 2 in B&F are just taking the piss.

He had 6 goals kicked on him in 3 quarters by a player who had kicked 12 in 14 games prior to that. If McDonald hadn't got injured he was on track for 8 or 9. Jones was abysmal last week, clearly worst on ground.

The hyperbole around him is amazing, at his best he is decent, but people saying he is AA consideration or top 2 in B&F are just taking the piss.

Before he got concussed he was easily those things. How quickly we forget

I watched him live the other day for the first time and looks good. Seems tough and has a good workrate. No issue getting the hard ball and has some pace from the stoppage. Kicking looks awkward but effective.

At 24 next year I can see why we got him.
Is he ready SOAP?

I disagree with your disagreement
I appreciate the profound politeness in which you have disagreed. Although verily I maintain a respectful sense of disagreement to your original contention.

The way that ball was flying down to the Melbourne forward line for 2 and a half quarters, I’m surprised McDonald didn’t get more.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love Kruezer but vital now we get another good Ruck that can step up. He’s a year to year proposition and has on going knee issues. Not writing him off yet but we need to be prepared

I expect the club will go hard for a new no.1 ruck at the end of 2020.

Not easy to bring in decent quality when they know they'll be no.2 and won't actually get senior games.

But hopefully we can do something like Richmond who brought in Nankervis to immediately take over the no.1 position next year.
Who knows, with enough improvement TDK might be ready to take the mantle by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's too hit and miss. Imagine if we made a final and he served up the dog s**t he did last weekend.
I get what ya saying, but its a floored probability argument. What if we get to a final and he shoots the lights out and wins us the game. Statistically exactly the same probability. Yet a greater emphasis is instictively placed on the probability of him producing a negative outcome, its prospect theory doing its thing, we take decisions first and foremost to avoid actual or perceived negative outcomes over positive.
You cant neglect all the 'micro' outcomes and his involvement in these..ie a season or two of weekly games along the journey that will need to take place to get us to this final.
Same reason investors sell profitable positions early and let losing positions run, putting up with a d**k head boyfriend / girlfriend for fear of maybe not finding someone else/ being alone as opposed to just being happier without them, it happens all the time.
Have been sent to the naughty corner by the missus many a time for yelling profanities at the T.V because of Jones. But overall we are better with him in than out at this stage...

Not easy to bring in decent quality when they know they'll be no.2 and won't actually get senior games.

But hopefully we can do something like Richmond who brought in Nankervis to immediately take over the no.1 position next year.
Who knows, with enough improvement TDK might be ready to take the mantle by then.

Be nice to land a Reilly O’Brien or Pruess. Darcy Cameron or Max Lynch are worth a chance to step up. There is also some very good State League Ruckman that I would grab late or as a rookie.

Ideally Kruezer plus Cameron & a State Leaguer is probably our best option

Be nice to land a Reilly O’Brien or Pruess. Darcy Cameron or Max Lynch are worth a chance to step up. There is also some very good State League Ruckman that I would grab late or as a rookie.

Ideally Kruezer plus Cameron & a State Leaguer is probably our best option

Thing is imo we have other priorities this off-season...we need a small forward, small defender and ideally a gun mid more urgently than a ruck. We can only do so much in one off-season. Of course if we can do all of this plus get a ruck then great.

But the way i see it Kreuz is main ruck in 2020 with backup from say Lobbe, TDK and Casboult to get us through the year.

Then end of 2020 we can make ruckman a focus and entice a good ruck like Preuss with the lure of being our no.1.

Deluca Seems ‘neat’ from the footage I watched earlier. A two way runner. I liked that he pushed back hard defensively a few times. Wouldn’t be against him playing this week.

If his head is in the right space, then why not?

Reminds me of Shiel for the few key moments I've seen from him.
Has that nice strong burst from stoppages. Seems to have some power in those legs and can seperate.
Obviously not as good as Shiel, but it's a nice trick to have and his kicking looks sound, also.

I dont understand why we need to go hard for a number 1 ruck for next year when we have kreuzer who can play that role for at least 2 years and tdk who most seem to think can take the role over either next year or the following.

This would suggest that we are looking for a number 2 ruck at not too much currency who can hold the fort and maybe push himself up to being a number one ruck.

If we are really bullish on tdk we hang onto phillips instead de-list lobbe and maybe draft a late pick or rookie youngster.

Thing is imo we have other priorities this off-season...we need a small forward, small defender and ideally a gun mid more urgently than a ruck. We can only do so much in one off-season. Of course if we can do all of this plus get a ruck then great.

But the way i see it Kreuz is main ruck in 2020 with backup from say Lobbe, TDK and Casboult to get us through the year.

Then end of 2020 we can make ruckman a focus and entice a good ruck like Preuss with the lure of being our no.1.

Already on the list. SPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back