Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be nice to land a Reilly O’Brien or Pruess. Darcy Cameron or Max Lynch are worth a chance to step up. There is also some very good State League Ruckman that I would grab late or as a rookie.

Ideally Kruezer plus Cameron & a State Leaguer is probably our best option

I reckon we'd have next to zero chance of getting O'Brien. They would make us pay through the nose because I think he is happy at Adelaide from what I've heard in the media. More a chance of getting Sam Jacobs if Adelaide make it clear to him that he is behind O'Brien and there probably isn't much chance there.

The problem with getting a ruck is if they are any good we will have to pay with good picks and with a good young ruck coming through in DeKoning, Kreuzer fit and an adequate backup in Phillips it's low priority behind a host of more pressing needs (midfielders, small defenders, small forwards).

To get a ruck we are talking about 4th, 5th or rookie draft picks which means a raw kid or an old hack. Not that I am against that but I think this is where we are at when it comes to drafting a ruckman.

At this stage I think we will look for a replacement for Lobbe and that will probably be in the form of a young raw ruckman that we can pry from another club with a late pick or from the state leagues or perhaps even from the draft.

I reckon we'd have next to zero chance of getting O'Brien. They would make us pay through the nose because I think he is happy at Adelaide from what I've heard in the media. More a chance of getting Sam Jacobs if Adelaide make it clear to him that he is behind O'Brien and there probably isn't much chance there.

The problem with getting a ruck is if they are any good we will have to pay with good picks and with a good young ruck coming through in DeKoning, Kreuzer fit and an adequate backup in Phillips it's low priority behind a host of more pressing needs (midfielders, small defenders, small forwards).

To get a ruck we are talking about 4th, 5th or rookie draft picks which means a raw kid or an old hack. Not that I am against that but I think this is where we are at when it comes to drafting a ruckman.

At this stage I think we will look for a replacement for Lobbe and that will probably be in the form of a young raw ruckman that we can pry from another club with a late pick or from the state leagues or perhaps even from the draft.

Doesn't strike me as a number one ruckman. He has more of a forward/ ruck vibe to him IMO. I see him as the chop out back up, not the number 1.

Theres not much point developing your own rucks, really a waste of 5 years.

Let someone else do it then just poach them with the promise of more money and starting ruck position

I'd be surprised if a number 2 Ruckmen doesn't jump at that aka Jacobs when he left us

Last edited:
If his head is in the right space, then why not?

Reminds me of Shiel for the few key moments I've seen from him.
Has that nice strong burst from stoppages. Seems to have some power in those legs and can seperate.
Obviously not as good as Shiel, but it's a nice trick to have and his kicking looks sound, also.
Yep reminded me of Shiel too 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Powell-Pepper is yoyowing in and out of the Port team, he might be worth some thought to help out Crippa in the guts
I don't mind the bloke - bit of a wrecking ball, bit of a smartarse, what else should I know?

Our team for next season:

B: Plowman----------------Jones----------------Marchbank

H: Docherty--------------Weitering-------------Williamson

C: Dow--------------------Cripps----------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham-----------C.Curnow--------------Fasolo

F: Garlett------------------McKay----------------McGovern

Foll: Kreuzer, Setterfield, Walsh

Bench: Newman, J.Silvagni, Kennedy, SPS

Emerg: Goddard, Simpson, Thomas, Stocker, E.Curnow, Murphy, Deluca, Gibbons, Fisher, Casboult, De Koning, 1st Round Pick (2019)

Emerg: Goddard, Simpson, Thomas, Stocker, E.Curnow, Murphy, Deluca, Gibbons, Fisher, Casboult, De Koning, 1st Round Pick (2019)
Backline looks good, I’d have Fish and Murph in place of Garlett and Fasolo but otherwise 👍

Edit: Probs Ed still best 22 as well, Trojan warrior

Last edited:

Fisher not making the side wasn’t funny the first time.

Now it’s just a little sad mate.

How can someone be so detached from reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back