Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just speaking with someone who floated the notion of Deluca playing back.

It's way too early but the idea somehow just fits. What do people think?

Deluca has that dash, power out of congestion, has a reasonable kick on him, isn't too bad in tight. Is there something there?
I like that idea but I want to see how he kicks under pressure at this level, how he scans for best option coming out of defence etc. Without much to go on he looks like someone that’s probably always played mid/fwd so playing in defence in the coming preseason will be a way to get a good look, like we did with Garlett against Hawthorn and Essendon , we learnt that he’s terrible at it then Bolton in his wisdom thought it’d be a good idea for him to back it up against Richmond round 1, killed his confidence rest is history. What I’m trying to say is that now is not the time to find out if DeLuca can play defence but I’d like the idea to be explored.

When he is not thrown in the middle, I like the idea of Walsh playing off half back in a Gibbs type role. Can run and carry and a great decision maker.SPS for me should play further up the ground.
I think Walsh is already fit enough to play the game out in the middle or on the wing, not sure he needs to ‘rest’ down back.

Dow is an extraction machine for a 2nd yr kid. Little gun. Not overly concerned about him not being able to kick over a jam tin at the moment. That will sort itself out. Has the initial hallmarks of a B&F around the 100 -150 game mark.
IMO dow has the most upside to any player on our list. Contested players that can burst from the stoppage are rare and the ones that can do that and then hit targets are called chris judd.

But i'm slightly concerned about his fitness. they should make him live with sam walsh over the summer.

I think Walsh is already fit enough to play the game out in the middle or on the wing, not sure he needs to ‘rest’ down back.
Who said rest? How often do you see a defender tuck the ball under their arm and run it out of defence. We are so predictable in our defensive rebounding that we cough up too many easy goals from turnovers

Anyone interested in Ian Hill (GWS)?

Fast, evasive, good ball skills, has played as a forward pocket/flanker for GWS but is still very small and very raw (drafted 2018, 19 years old). Has played 2 games to this point, but hasn't looked out of place.

What would he cost? Would he be gettable?

Mentioned on channel 9 news this morning that few clubs including us are circling walla as he still hasnt signed a new contract. Doubt * won’t get his signature eventually if they are in negotiations but I assume he wants more money or longer term.
I'd love Tippa. Fast, strong, but faster without the ball than with it. Can football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love Tippa. Fast, strong, but faster without the ball than with it. Can football.
Walla and betts are defenders worst nightmare...for walla I'd easily offer a 5 year contract. Not sure on what sort of money though. For all the excitement they create I don’t think they get paid as nearly as what they deserve.

This is the team I would like to see in 2020

B Docherty Jones Plowman
HB SPS Weitering Newman
C Walsh Cripps Cuningham
HF Papley Curnow Fisher
F AMT* McKay Elliot
R Kreuzer Coniglio Setterfield
INT Dow Kennedy Stocker JSOS
EMG Ed Marchbank Murphy O'Brien McGovern

*Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti

If anybody is in need of a good laugh, and feels that they we are overtop with our views of our club and its current standing.... have a read of the Hawthorn Board's 2019 Draft/FA thread.

Nothing but hubris and delusion. Apparantly anybody who doesn't join Hawthorn (Shiel, Lynch, Coniglio etc) is a mercenary who prioritises money over living with Jaegor O'meara :drunk: :thumbsu:

Fast, evasive, good ball skills, has played as a forward pocket/flanker for GWS but is still very small and very raw (drafted 2018, 19 years old). Has played 2 games to this point, but hasn't looked out of place.

Been all over this kid since his draft year - perfect get for us. Cost - plenty!! As 16yo, was rated equal to Walsh and Rankine. GWS love him though, has had injuries, expect them to re-up him. Would cost us 2019 1st rounder minimum.

Still rate him as a late 1st/early 2nd

Has what we need, speed

AMT is apparently taking offers

He is, in my opinion, the only difference making small forward in the league. He’s a game breaker and insanely popular, as well as being a perfect fit for us. At 26 he is also looking for his one big contract

I think he is worth $850k or more over 4 years and would happily give it to him. Would need to trade and again, he is the only small forward in the comp I’m giving up a first round pick for.

He is, in my opinion, the only difference making small forward in the league. He’s a game breaker and insanely popular, as well as being a perfect fit for us. At 26 he is also looking for his one big contract

I think he is worth $850k or more over 4 years and would happily give it to him. Would need to trade and again, he is the only small forward in the comp I’m giving up a first round pick for.

Would be happy to go after him - but I think his management are just playing the game and squeezing Essendon for a better deal.

Would love AMT - puts the fear of god into all defences when the ball comes down, similar to what Eddie and Jeffry did. Worth a first, but so is Hill, Papley and a couple of others. Definitely a position of need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back