Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Aish seems utterly disinterested in that interview. Can’t say I’m that keen on him with that attitude. Menadue is the one I really want. That outside pace would be amazing on the wings at Subi. Haven’t heard anything about him being medical’d or us making an offer? Hopefully this is just one of those formality deals we slide throughlast minute.

I didn’t get the feeling like aish was overly pumped about being here. I’ve got a feeling he will take his chances with the pies.

I got the same Vibe!

I would be happy to BOOOOOO him next year if he stayed at CollyWobbles.

Nice if he came but only want people that want to be here and put in the effort required!

I got the same Vibe!

Nice if he came but only want people that want to be here and put in the effort required!
Would be very hard for a player that young to leave a power club like pies who are also in the window, and go to a state that’s not even your own.

Can we wait to see what the Saints get from the Doggies for Bruce first and see if we can get that in the deal instead of 58?

10, 32, 2020 R2, Acres > Hill + 2020 R3
58 + 2020 4th (Gee) > Jack Stevens
32 + 51 > Bruce + 58
10, 51, 2020 2nd, 2020 4th (Gee), Acres > BHill 2020 3rd (Fre)
51 > Aish
2020 4th (Gee) > Menadue

Leaves Fre with 7, 10, 22, 79, 83, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd, 2020 2nd (Mel), 2020 2nd (Saints), 2020 4th

Net effect of BHil trade:
10, 2020 2nd, Aish, Acres & Menadue

wonder if the Hawks got all sad and sooky and worried they "lost" the deal when they gave hill to us for pick 23~ in the first place. or when they lost the best player of the modern era and got pick 18 in return, pretty sure they won the next two flags.
getting worked up about the optics of trade deals is such a minnow club thing to do. we'll get some picks and some players in, the only thing you can do now is move on try and draft and develop well and make it so people don't want to leave ala the good teams.
Hawthorn had little interest in what they got for Hill because it was already agreed to be part of the trade for O'Meara. And I am sure if we were a club that had the drawing power for players that they have we also wouldn't fuss as much about trades. But in the real world.....

EDIT; what Mike said.

So if Acres is right to go after the medical etc I take it from the interview with Lethlean that the trade re Hill is virtually done but won't be completed until after the Bruce and Butler trades, and, that the Acres deal (if it goes ahead ) will be seperate altogether ( pick 58 ).

so 10, 2020 second and 58 is the offer per se (not necessarily agreed to yet)

Bit harsh on Aish. He just looked tired and a bit lost IMO. He said it's been a 'Whirlwind'. Imagine enjoying your precious holiday time and all of a sudden your beloved club says, 'You drew the short straw, go explore your options', next minute your on a plane in a foreign clubhouse trying to feel ok with it.

So if Acres is right to go after the medical etc I take it from the interview with Lethlean that the trade re Hill is virtually done but won't be completed until after the Bruce and Butler trades, and, that the Acres deal (if it goes ahead ) will be seperate altogether ( pick 58 ).

so 10, 2020 second and 58 is the offer per se (not necessarily agreed to yet)

We should offer the cats a few quid and make them up their bid to 37 and thus pass it onto us!

I got the same Vibe!

he's just the got the colly wobbles is all (all a bitsuddgn) ...once he is on the plane and gets hold of the anchor and smells the sea air he'll be right. Really reckon this guy would suit us and be okay here.

Neither Kelly, Gibbs nor O'Keefe had brothers playing at their respective clubs. For us, one unhappy player automatically meant at least two unhappy players. Probably more as our indigenous boys are all very close.
I'm not a fan of keeping anyone in a workplace who is unhappy. It is counter-productive. Let them go and get whatever you can for them.
Wow if you can’t hold a bloke at least another year of his two years to run contract , of which he’s already been paid a fair majority due to front loading -aka he’s essentially been paid for services not yet delivered,in turn stuffing around our salary structure- (if we d known he’d piss off after 2years or as soon as the money dropped we d never have signed off on it and front loaded one of our other players who actually deserved it) then good luck holding any players front loaded long term ever again or players to any contract for that matter.

He’s going back for money and a gold digging entitled insta missus(not fiancé, not wife just gf)... not cause of a sick parent, mental issues or any reason of sudden importance or genuine moralistic cause .

You reap what you sow.

And unless they’re wa players (I’m talking A graders)then we ain’t getting many coming back the other way either so don’t expect these things to “even themselves out”

Alcock and now belly* have crumbled cause of a bit of external pressure , pressure derived from those who couldn’t have their self interests and agendas at anymore polar opposites to the FFC.

In fact it’s starting to look like those in management positions at the club want as much to be liked as to be good(the irony here being come trade period next year bell and freo will again,inevitably be rubbished by the vic media as unreasonable regardless of what we do now-in fact they know (media)their biased agendas hit home and with effect so will only ramp up the attacks from here on in.

Anyway that’s my rant ,melt whatever ya want to call it..
onwards to the draft and try and do something that’s very very rare for Fremantles recruiters.. and that’s absolutely nail our first rounders this draft.

With 2 top 3 players now out the door in 2 years God knows the club needs to if we’re every to see the light of day of this rebuild.

*Edit I reserve the right to totally ignore this post and praise belly extensively if indeed we somehow get back something more substantial than the current so called agreed upon trade😁

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh on Aish. He just looked tired and a bit lost IMO. He said it's been a 'Whirlwind'. Imagine enjoying your precious holiday time and all of a sudden your beloved club says, 'You drew the short straw, go explore your options', next minute your on a plane in a foreign clubhouse trying to feel ok with it.

My read too. If JLo has tried to lure him over its good enough for me. He’d have worked with him everyday. So I’ll back that in over a 17 second clip of him when someone shoves a mic in his face and goes ‘so... Freo hey?’

Aish seems utterly disinterested in that interview. Can’t say I’m that keen on him with that attitude. Menadue is the one I really want. That outside pace would be amazing on the wings at Subi. Haven’t heard anything about him being medical’d or us making an offer? Hopefully this is just one of those formality deals we slide throughlast minute.

He working part time as a teacher at the new school?

I agree these guys have been pulled away from their off season breaks , Put on a plane to perth microphones shoved under their nose at the incoming airport and expected to perform like a media professional

Aish is not coming imo, but I’d take Acres & Menadue. I feel that around Fyfe & Mundy he will excel, he’s never had that type of role model to run around with & learn from. Particularly with Mundy finishing up soon, there is a role there.

Menadue is worth a punt, he has speed & endurance & just hasn’t been given the opportunity, 2 years with a trigger after 1 for a third to sure him up. He played our ground well this season & I think it suits him being a fast track.

Absolutely agree on Colyer, Schultz & Bewley & I think Belly will be thinking tonight how he can turn a couple of those future seconds into a teen pick, if he hasn’t already done so.

I like Conca & the role he plays for us, very unheralded, but that is Richmond all over, play your role.

Some of them are alright in isolation, like Conca. But stacked up, role players can become part of the problem rather than solution. You end up looking like St Kilda of the past decade, no A Graders just all Bs and Cs. Richmond have a lot of gun players playing their roles. On top of the others I mentioned we also have Banfield, Crowden, Giro. Tucker even. Ross for his faults is an astute mind, he knew our list was very thin and said as much. Acres and Menadue doesn’t thicken it up. Acres is 24 now and has had no excuse not to prove himself by now. Saying he can learn off Fyfe is optimistic tbh when he played under someone like Reiwoldt for his first few years. Menadue seems more of the same. Yes he played well in Perth. It was his best game of the season. Why couldn’t he keep up that standard consistently? Being squeezed out of the eventual premiers is fine, but he obviously dropped off to the point where he wasn’t a top 25 player at Richmond.

I don’t mind giving guys a go and being proven wrong, I just hope we know what we are doing chasing all these no-namers.

I think it is more likely they go for Cody Weightman and Caleb Serong because we are certain to match a bid for Henry
That’s why I mentioned earlier why our Melb trade for Langdon was light in our favour. Bell the cagey Fox has probably broked a deal with Mahoney

That’s why I mentioned earlier why our Melb trade for Langdon was light in our favour. Bell the cagey Fox has probably broked a deal with Mahoney
Fingers crossed this is the case
I'd be so devastated if our biggest piece of currency from the hill trade was eaten up by an early bid on henry, who we will be getting regardless

The thing that really surprises me about this trade period is how Sydney have been so professional , They had every right too just laugh at the ridiculous demands of Essendon , But they have have remained a class act .
The St Kilda scenario is different as soon as they entered negotiations and didn't like what they heard they split their first round pick , Despite conceding that the trade for Hill may require pick 6 ,And being told very early that pick 6 would need to be involved , They moved the goal posts so to speak.
So to all the St Kilda supporters saying we moved the goal posts . When you traded 6 is when the posts were moved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back