Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is this guy who has 5 posts and every single one of them is a brand new rumour? Must be someone from another club just trying to start sh*t
was about to ask the same thing
connor2.gif

Back on the draft/Henry discussion.

I can't see a possible scenario where we can get 3 picks in the top 12, there just doesn't seem any suitable swaps.

I think our best bet is to bank points and trade back in, after a Henry bid, if there's someone we rate.

Don't tell me I'm the only one that feels like Jackson will be one that we'll rue missing. Anyone got any thoughts on him?

I know of him from another sport - quality kid ....it's him and Robertson that I'd love to get.

Who is this guy who has 5 posts and every single one of them is a brand new rumour? Must be someone from another club just trying to start sh*t
Thanks for the welcome people. Been a Freo Member since the start. Always watched this but never joined and this is the reason why. You don’t know me or who I know at Freo. Go back and look at all your posts and see how many of your fortune telling was correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the welcome people. Been a Freo Member since the start. Always watched this but never joined and this is the reason why. You don’t know me or who I know at Freo. Go back and look at all your posts and see how many of your fortune telling was correct.
Trying to predict what trades will happen is fine mate, what is not fine is starting new rumours out of nowhere without any context. I don't know who you know, but you didn't say that you know anyone, you just went straight into "Bennell and Kelly have a conflict", "Blakely was out the door", "Darcy has always wanted to go home"

Trying to predict what trades will happen is fine mate, what is not fine is starting new rumours out of nowhere without any context. I don't know who you know, but you didn't say that you know anyone, you just went straight into "Bennell and Kelly have a conflict", "Blakely was out the door", "Darcy has always wanted to go home"
I’m not stating anything that hasn’t been posted before in the media or on other threads so hardly new except for Darcy.
I was referring to his work ethic around the ground duirng a game.

From the last thread with the bloke talking about Sam Taylor, probably too costly but would look mighty nice in our back 6.

Probably better than Hamling in the long term but pushes out Logue in the short term.

Doubt it happens but would be interesting to see
Agreed. We would have to accept the opportunity if it arose but hardly a position of need assuming Pearce can get back from injury

Yeah look I certainly agree that it's not an area of need but would be great for him to learn under Darcy.

I'm in no way comparing Darcy as a player or person to Hogan but I think the situation is similar. Since the second Darcy got here there's been rumblings of him going home and Geelong have been into him hard, he is a geelong boy after all. I would love Darcy to play his whole career at Freo but I just don't see it happening, when he leaves, who knows but I feel that he will
Neither foot if that gets the deal done for Kelly. Darcy is one dimensional player who offers nothing outside of the ruck contest. No work ethic and has always said he wants to go home.
This is wrong, Geelong have been interested but Darcy has never said he wants to go. Hogan rumours were there because he kept putting contract talks on hold, Darcy has signed several extensions and one way before his first was even up. He is committed to Fremantle and will be here long term if we want him.

I'm still very keen on Jackson though, the amount of injuries Darcy and Lobb have had means it is likely there is opportunity for him and Lobb will be going into next season as a 27 year old. Pretty much a perfect fit imo

On the Taylor thing, given these things get started years in advance I'd imagine its us just putting out feelers. There would also be an understanding that GWS cap is ****ed, like it always is and there's going to be people pushed out. Taylor one of the few we'd have a shot at and wouldnt want to miss out if he was thinking of coming back

He'd be a long term upgrade on Hamling but not worth the price for the upgrade he'd provide, especialy given Hamling is what 26? and has a lot of time in the game left

This is wrong, Geelong have been interested but Darcy has never said he wants to go. Hogan rumours were there because he kept putting contract talks on hold, Darcy has signed several extensions and one way before his first was even up. He is committed to Fremantle and will be here long term if we want him.

I'm still very keen on Jackson though, the amount of injuries Darcy and Lobb have had means it is likely there is opportunity for him and Lobb will be going into next season as a 27 year old. Pretty much a perfect fit imo
Firstly, I hope you're not trying to equate the two very differing comments from those posters. You've bolded two sentences, taken them out of context and tried to respond to some argument you've conjured up yourself.

Yes, the situations between Hogan and Darcy aren't overly similar but I see it. I for one think there will always be speculation around Darcy going home, I hope he doesn't.

Can't hurt to have some competition for the number 1 ruck spot, would love Jackson.

Its definitely starting to look unlikely that we can get back into the top 12. To do it I think we need to swap a future 1st for a future 2nd and give up say pick 25 this year which is probs not worth it

I know Doggies will need points for next year but do Port or North? Can we do 9/10 and a future 2nd for 25 and a a future 1st?

There's not much incentive for the guys with a top 12 pick to trade into next year

Hope this circus of trade week doesn’t come down to the final 5 minutes like it usually does. The brad hill trade better not hold everything up. The saints by the looks of it have a lot of trades to deal with. Bruce,Ryder,Stevens etc so the brad hill trade just might hold a lot of other trades up until the last day. Going to be a long week lol. I just hope we don’t give away any of our top 20 or so picks we should end up with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back