Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a bit of a melt here last night, but I have to say, I was wrong to doubt the little master.

While I admit I’ll still prefer to keep Brad, Bell managed to extract maximum value out of St Kilda for this.

we’ll be well placed for this draft, with plenty left over for next as well.

I had a bit of a melt here last night, but I have to say, I was wrong to doubt the little master.

While I admit I’ll still prefer to keep Brad, Bell managed to extract maximum value out of St Kilda for this.

we’ll be well placed for this draft, with plenty left over for next as well.
How does it work if there is a bid for Henry at 12 and then we cant cover it with this years picks?

Just needs to get on the minoxidil and finasteride pills - they work wonders... as long as you're not in the 5% of users who can't get it up while on them!
I wouldn't be messing with testosterone suppressing pills, he isn't exactly the most well built guy. He might grow some manneries.

I agree. Brad Hill in the hand is better than speculative picks.

Would we trade #10 and 2x 2020 2nds for him back right now? On $900,000 a year for five?

...probably not.
Oh they overpaid, but we're definitely a worse team with him out

You may be pulling the piss, but my god is HPN atrocious. Maybe the worst ratings of players I have ever seen. They think we would have won the trade by even more if we gave them Fyfe for Dunstan.

That HPN calculator doesn't work, they don't update it and haven't done for a few years.

They keep their own database and only occasionally update their website with posts like these with their accurate ratings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh they overpaid, but we're definitely a worse team with him out
I'm at peace with it. We had him in 2017, 2018 and 2019... Not exactly our best years were they? Our best years, 2012-2015 we had Danyle Pearce on one of our wings. With a new game plan on the way I'm expecting us to adapt sans BHill and Langdon. We also have a lot of outside speed coming through with our NGA. If you look at the top teams their wingers are more gut runners than speedsters. Think it will impact but not sure it will be as much as it may seem on the surface.

I know it's a minor footnote amidst all the Hilly hoo-ha but Gold Coast dealt Ah Chee to Brisbane for a future 2nd and 4th. Another top 10 draft pick sold for pennies on the dollar, good thing the AFL will continue to lavish them with even more high picks
It's an interesting new dynamic in trades starting to creep in. the "Salary dump" trade is becoming more prominent in terms of 'nothing' picks being traded for pretty decent players (Scully, Patton, Jack Steven, Aish, Bonar's looking cheap for what he could potentially be). Hawks being the best at capitalising on it so far. I'd like to see us get on this bandwagon more often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back