Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

nuff

Debutant
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Back on the draft/Henry discussion.

I can't see a possible scenario where we can get 3 picks in the top 12, there just doesn't seem any suitable swaps.

I think our best bet is to bank points and trade back in, after a Henry bid, if there's someone we rate.

Don't tell me I'm the only one that feels like Jackson will be one that we'll rue missing. Anyone got any thoughts on him?

Don't tell me I'm the only one that feels like Jackson will be one that we'll rue missing. Anyone got any thoughts on him?
As much as I’d like to have Jackson, I’m not sure he’s really what we need. The only way that would make sense would be if the club either doesn’t rate Darcy long term or thinks he’s going to go home at some point. Don’t thunk they could both fit in the same team (particularly with Lobb as well)

6 for Hill, 10 for Blakely via Essendon as part of their exchange for Fantasia
Given the circumstances, pick 10 for Blakely would be a bigger steal than pick 2 for Weller.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just watching the Menadue involvements on StatsPro from our game v Richmond. Had a pretty good game. Not even to half time and he's hit a few targets inside 50 and created some other goals. Has some speed. Willing to attack the ball. Coming around to the idea. Small chance of success but he'd be free wouldn't he?

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
As much as I’d like to have Jackson, I’m not sure he’s really what we need. The only way that would make sense would be if the club either doesn’t rate Darcy long term or thinks he’s going to go home at some point. Don’t thunk they could both fit in the same team (particularly with Lobb as well)
Don’t be surprised to see Darcy offered up this year.

nuff

Debutant
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah look I certainly agree that it's not an area of need but would be great for him to learn under Darcy.

I'm in no way comparing Darcy as a player or person to Hogan but I think the situation is similar. Since the second Darcy got here there's been rumblings of him going home and Geelong have been into him hard, he is a geelong boy after all. I would love Darcy to play his whole career at Freo but I just don't see it happening, when he leaves, who knows but I feel that he will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mate, not a chance Darcy is leaving this year. Which foot should we shoot ourselves in first?

Before JL arrived there were rumours, he wasn't gone
Neither foot if that gets the deal done for Kelly. Darcy is one dimensional player who offers nothing outside of the ruck contest. No work ethic and has always said he wants to go home.

Freo88

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2011
Up North
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Stars & Fulham-the other FFC
Neither foot if that gets the deal done for Kelly. Darcy is one dimensional player who offers nothing outside of the ruck contest. No work ethic and has always said he wants to go home.

When has he said that?

And's not from Geelong, he's from Cobden. That is a fair drive if you look it up on a map.

nuff

Debutant
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did you miss the fact that Kelly nominated West Coast? The only way we have a chance at Kelly is if West coast monumentally * the trade negotiations again.

And geez, we could get Kelly with picks we don't need to give up Darcy for that.

We need Darcy, our team looks so much better when Lobb is up forward. And if we lose Darcy our only realistic ruck option is Lobb, I don't have faith in us keeping him fit for the whole season. Who's going to put the ball down the throats of our elite midfield then?

Have also never heard the kid say he's leaving freo

The club rates Darcy, they aren't offering him up, come back down to earth

No work ethic
Say what you want about Darcy but that ain’t true. The way Darcy has slimmed down compared to when he was when arrived at the club shows that he clearly doesn’t lack work ethic

Back