Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding a potential bid on Henry - Say we have pick 12 and someone bids at 11. Could we prepare a swap of picks with Geelong for 14 (so we still get Henry) - in addition to a swap of picks with the cats in our favour later in the draft? Is that possible?
My understanding us that once "your" player is bid on, you have to "pay" for that bid out of your current picks and you can't live trade until after that pick has been concluded.

So if Henry gets a bid at #11 and at the moment of the bid you hold #12, you can't quickly live trade #12 for a bunch of lower/future picks; you will have to pay for Henry using #12. And once you have paid for Henry, then you can live trade again.

I find it interesting no one could break the story over night.

Reckon this doesnt come out until at least lunch tomorrow and there is final deets to sign-off

I'm hanging for some massive epic 5 team trade then everyone sits around staring at DODORO for the last day and a half waiting for him to fold
I dont reckon he will

Pick 10 and future 1st for Hill according to this article 30 mins ago

SAINTS SET TO LAND HILL — FINALLY
Bradley Hill’s trade wish to join St Kilda could be granted as early as this morning, with the wingman’s manager hopeful all parties can agree to a deal after a weekend of “constant dialogue”.
Hill trade talks between Fremantle and St Kilda hit a hurdle last week when the Saints sacrificed their top draft selection (Pick 6) in a surprise pick swap with the Giants. The move came soon after the Dockers reportedly rejected the Saints’ offer for Hill, which involved Pick 6.
However Hill’s manager, Colin Young, said “a lot of work” had been done over recent days to seal a deal for the contracted Docker, with the veteran player agent confident on Monday night a “positive outcome” would soon be struck.

How Hill deal gets done

How Hill deal gets done
2:45

Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph reported on Monday night that clubs were considering a possible two-pronged trade that would help St Kilda finally land Hill from the Dockers. But it would require significant help from Port Adelaide.
Young said the Saint would “have to work pretty hard to appease” Fremantle — which has always sought draft picks in exchange for Hill — but added the club’s list manager James Gallagher had stepped up in recent days.
“To the credit of both clubs they worked pretty hard over the weekend. We were in constant dialogue, the three parties,” Young told 7 News Melbourne.
“James was meeting with other clubs (on Monday) to try to get a positive outcome for the Fremantle Football Club, so I’m hoping that either tonight or tomorrow morning ‘Belly’ (Fremantle football boss Peter Bell) might get it across the line.”

Snippet for this Age Article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...e-a-saint-by-the-morning-20191014-p530n8.html

"[St Kilda] was meeting with other clubs today to try to get a positive outcome for the Fremantle football club so I'm hoping that either tonight or tomorrow morning Belly [Dockers football manager Peter Bell] might get it across the line."

Hill is tipped to be headed for a hefty five-year Saints deal at almost $900,000 a season to continue his playing days at a third club.

The triple Hawthorn premiership centreliner and 2017 Dockers fairest-and-best has played 149 games but his trade will help Fremantle possibly secure All-Australian youth stars Deven Robertson, a classy midfielder, and emerging athletic ruck talent Luke Jackson.

I really hope we get their future first, I can't wait to deathride them all season.

Imagine how much it will eat up their bf supporters if they do badly and we have their pick.
I've seen other boards with deathriding threads, sounds fun

Peter bell if Hill is traded for less than 6 and a 3rd 😉
Yeah, it needs go be a better result than we could have engineered for ourselves if we had accepted #6 and a future 3rd.

So sure something like #12 & #18 is 2 1st for.Hill, but we could have done that ourselves if we had accepted #6 -- and we still would have had their future 3rd.

Something like two 1sts before, say, 14 is something that we probs couldn't have arranged, so something like that would be a good result

So far what has come out today is:

St kilda not trading 2020 first
Bulldogs not trading pick 13
Colin young confident on deal done with multiple clubs

I think possibly bulldogs 2020 first round pick will be involved for Bruce and potentially that will be traded with someone like Geelong for a couple of this years picks.

I still can’t see how st kilda get all their trades done without trading 2020 first.

Can anyone else figure this one out?
I believe St Kilda will keep 2020 1st and WB will keep 13. Future 2nd and 3rd round picks along with 18 are the keys to the trades for Brad Hill.

What about this:
Port: 10, 29, Howard, Ryder
St Kilda: 12, 18, 2020 2nd

It’s possible that we end up with pick 28 (instead of 29) based on trades between Adelaide/WB/St Kilda, with 29 flipped to Sydney for Jones or vice versa.

Finally with other pick swaps and St Kilda’s 2020 3rd we could also end up with an early 3rd round or take the picks ourselves to use as part of a trade with Collingwood for Aish.

Would the masses be happy with a over net trade similar to:
10, 28 (or 29), Aish > BHill (give or take)??

I believe St Kilda will keep 2020 1st and WB will keep 13. Future 2nd and 3rd round picks along with 18 are the keys to the trades for Brad Hill.

What about this:

It’s possible that we end up with pick 28 (instead of 29) based on trades between Adelaide/WB/St Kilda, with 29 flipped to Sydney for Jones or vice versa.

Finally with other pick swaps and St Kilda’s 2020 3rd we could also end up with an early 3rd round or take the picks ourselves to use as part of a trade with Collingwood for Aish.

I dont think they would, they've worked themselves up into expecting two first, anything less and I feel hellfire shall reign upon this board

Agree.
If it is a future 2nd we’d need to take their 56 this year.
I’d rather just a future 3rd straight up.

Future 2nd straight up is essentially swapping him for Langdon... that would be bad.
Yep something back or we use the change we need from BHill trade.

Whilst it is a salary dump he is under contract and we have chased him (sounds familiar doesn’t it).

Melb 2020 2nd, 79 > 56, Aish

What about this:

I'm GUESSING something like that too. Not sure with which other clubs ( think perhaps Geelong with the Steven deal because that seems like a simple exchange of picks between Geelong and St Kilda) but overall something complicated involving at least 4 clubs - and maybe also our 22 moves up into the teens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m thinking we’ll get the Aish deal done Tuesday.

Menadue/McIntosh packaged to us late Wednesday for a future 3rd.

For some reason I still think we’ll lose 22 in this deal with Hill.
Lose Hill & 22(goes to Port)
Receive 10 & 18 and pick 29 from Port.

Saints essentially will Get Ryder, Johnny Howard and Hill. But miss out on 10,12,18 and Steak knives to port.

Port lose: 10, Pick 29,Howard and Ryder.
Port Receive: Pick 12, 22 and steak knives from saints.

Is there an over sensitive StK mod on the mb thread? A bunch of StK posts are trolling and their posts remain yet every time I post it gets deleted.

It's this kind of crap that makes me take long breaks on BigFooty.

No saints supporters mods on the main board. More likely to be overly sensitive saints supporters mashing the report button...

The worst statement I’ve heard today is Colin Young saying Fremantle were looking for picks this year. Makes me feel like we’ve lost the opportunity to take Saints first rounder next year. I think someone like Geelong would gladly trade it for pick 14. And that would be massive unders, because I can’t see Saints as top 4 next. Particularly as 14 will blow out til 17 once Green Magginess and Henry are bid on.
Confirms to me that next years is pretty crap and heavy comprised with bid players.

We wanted two first round picks this year before the Henry bid.

Freo
In
10 & 18 29
Out hill 22

Port
In
12 22 & future 2nd
Out
Howard Ryder 29

Saints
In
Hill Howard Ryder
Out
12 18 future 2nd

Again 18 would be worthless with the Henry bid (would be hoping we can use 29 or future picks to bid there). But 10 is a nice benefit. Seems like a good trade all round on paper except for Port who seem to be getting quite short changed there. Would take more to sweeten it for them I'd think

My understanding us that once "your" player is bid on, you have to "pay" for that bid out of your current picks and you can't live trade until after that pick has been concluded.

So if Henry gets a bid at #11 and at the moment of the bid you hold #12, you can't quickly live trade #12 for a bunch of lower/future picks; you will have to pay for Henry using #12. And once you have paid for Henry, then you can live trade again.
If Henry is bid at 11 it is getting into territory where the club would consider not matching imo. There would be a line somewhere. Surely we wouldn't match a bid of 5, for example.

If Henry is bid at 11 it is getting into territory where the club would consider not matching imo. There would be a line somewhere. Surely we wouldn't match a bid of 5, for example.

I see him going the other way.

I think he would be seen as a flight risk by bidding clubs so i can see him sliding a bit and landing in the 18-20 range.

I still think Rivers is being underrated and is a chance to go inside the top 10, of course if he slips out to late first round then would have to consider carefully him vs Henry. Based off the state 18’s I personally think Rivers over Henry, but obviously the club will be more familiar with Henry re attitude and behaviours etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back