Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Acres coming in doesn’t mean reduced minutes for Cerra, Valente and Valente as inside mids. On one hand, it’s good to get a big mature body to offer some protection but not at the cost of the development of our younger mids.

Acres is such a meh player but in saying that, I thought the same of Yeo before he turned into what he is now.

Tell me more about the second Valente!

Yeo was pumped up by Mark Harvey, who was his coach at Brizzy b4 he left. That's probs why Bond said we couldn't fit him in.
I still want to punch Bond for that one. Yeo in our midfield, would be a lot better than Acres.
Another chapter in Freo's lamentable list strategy.
After this, I think we are consigned to the bottom 8 for some time, and my God derbies are going to be horrendous.
Absolutely pissed

Way back before trade period no one wanted to touch Acres with a ten foot pole. Look at us talking ourselves into it now.

Honestly don't mind him as depth and who cares if he's pinching games off the likes of kids like Cerra, Valente and Blakely. Competition for spots only drives a team to better.

Let's hope he turns out to be a little better than s**t
I used to rate him but haven't seen enough of him lately to know these days. You'd have to be a complete sadist to watch both Freo and St Kilda games each week. A mentor like Fyfe/Mundy (that he hasn't had at StK) could really turn him around - he has to be played as a big bodied ball winning mid I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acres is such a meh player but in saying that, I thought the same of Yeo before he turned into what he is now.

Difference is Brisbane desperately wanted to keep Yeo. St Kilda is literally giving Acres away.

We’re stupid enough to take him because we always have to have a Colin Young player come to the club every year. EVERY YEAR. Not superstar players (they all player for West Coast) but fringe players from other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way back before trade period no one wanted to touch Acres with a ten foot pole. Look at us talking ourselves into it now.

Honestly don't mind him as depth and who cares if he's pinching games off the likes of kids like Cerra, Valente and Blakely. Competition for spots only drives a team to better.
I thought there were plenty who wanted 6 and Acres...

I’ve been buoyed by the comments by Aints supporters on the main board about Acres potential and how sorry they’ll be to see him go. Nothing like our board when we moved on, say, Sherro.

wonder if the Hawks got all sad and sooky and worried they "lost" the deal when they gave hill to us for pick 23~ in the first place. or when they lost the best player of the modern era and got pick 18 in return, pretty sure they won the next two flags.
getting worked up about the optics of trade deals is such a minnow club thing to do. we'll get some picks and some players in, the only thing you can do now is move on try and draft and develop well and make it so people don't want to leave ala the good teams.

wonder if the Hawks got all sad and sooky and worried they "lost" the deal when they gave hill to us for pick 23~ in the first place. or when they lost the best player of the modern era and got pick 18 in return, pretty sure they won the next two flags.
getting worked up about the optics of trade deals is such a minnow club thing to do. we'll get some picks and some players in, the only thing you can do now is move on try and draft and develop well and make it so people don't want to leave ala the good teams.
Lol wtf? Hawks fans were filthy with the buddy compensation. They traded Hill for picks needed to chase O'Meara. Sorry but your comment is so off the mark it's ridiculous

Freo haven’t said a peep about anything all trade week.

Yes Bell has been all class in that regard, but a fair few stressed out footy supporters have been posting some pretty nasty stuff about him. All of it is projection, knee jerk reactions and assumptions based on BS information. I get it, we are all just mushrooms in trade week, but fair dinkum, some fellas just need to pull their heads in.

Glad it's all over tomorrow and we can reflect on the outcomes, and happy Gil isn't proposing 'Trade Month'. Haha.

Acres, Aish and Menadue on top of Colyer and Conca last year, on top of mature age pickups like Schultz and Bewley. We’re slowly filling out our list with C Graders who have an absolute ceiling of B Grade.

We should only recruit one of those first three if any. If we’re so keen on a Menadue, forget the others. Top end talent needs to be the focus. Hill is top end, two firsts is top end. It should be one or the other. Pick 10 + scraps is too compromising, unless those scraps can buy us another first rounder somehow. Bell needs to have clarity on this. Big picture is our list has far too many role players and not enough top end right now.

I hope Acres coming in doesn’t mean reduced minutes for Cerra, Valente and Valente as inside mids. On one hand, it’s good to get a big mature body to offer some protection but not at the cost of the development of our younger mids.

I've been a critic of Yeo, because I think he's over rated, but I've always acknowledged that he has an intensity that makes him a good contested ball winner ... this was reflected early in his half back days with his contested marking, then more lately in his tackling and now he is steadily developing his inside midfield contested ball winning.
I believe Acres is none of those things. If Acres plays 50+ games for Freo, I'll will be very surprised and happy to say I got him wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back