Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

What should we give up for Aish?

Future 2nd for Aish and 39 would help us with Academy selections.

They are saying (Barrett and co) we walked away from 6 and 59 (1909pts) and finish about the same so happy...don't think they can add up very well as we effectively got 410 pts more equiv to pick 41.

We have done okay...better than even Snuffs best prediction ;)
Of course they ll say that, simply adds weight to their narrative all trade period that bell was unreasonable and that we ****ed up.
-no mention of taking back all those Articles ,some stated by barret himself that we knocked back 6 and a second rounder

It’s bad enough these pieces of s**t lie but then to to continually lie and try and twist the actual truth to infact “support “ their original rubbish is still infuriating-surely someone has to hold them to account on something??

Saints board think they got reamed, even old mate StCicatriz reckons so. Take a step back, we got a LOT for a good winger who played half of his prime years for us.

Peter Bell turned Chris Mayne (bless his soul) into Pick 10, a future 2nd (~pick 24), Blake Acres and a future 4th.

you can't possibly get a more lop sided trade in your clubs favor.

we have 3 years of Hill footy left maximum.

sets Freo up perfectly for the next 10 years.

it's just a pity you can't execute that trade every year! you need more Maynes and more St Kilda's

Wot
b0e47eb2331b0fc56bb19be8250cad99.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is there anyone Sonny doesn't look like?

Yeah that offer of 6 + 58 was purely lip service. Deliberate lowballing so we'd knock it back but Lethlean could leak to the media and start the whole "Freo is unreasonable, we offered pick 6!" narrative.

They never had any intentions of parting with 6, it needed to be split for Howard/their other business.

Yep, this completely.

we still had another bite at the cherry next year. Bell rolled over.
Did we really? Is this straight from your crystal ball mate? What if his form dropped away or he did a knee and the offer from Saint or somewhere else doesn't materialise? I think it's not a great trade for us but neither is it a disaster. As soon as several other players nominated the Saints as their destination of choice we were never getting pick 6 so Bell and his Saints counterpart had to nut out something that was palatable to both parties and Bell chose to take the certainty of the now over the unknown of the future.

It's not a perfect world so we took a reasonable if not ideal set of picks and a player that gives us room to do other things. We had a big gap between our own second and next pick and this helped fill the gap. It may well also let us get Aish for a reasonable price so it has value there as well.

Hahaha did they trade Hill in thinking they got Michael Walters? This Walter dude does get around. First he gets mobbed at a Perth Wildcats game then gets kidnapped by St Kilda...

Might have to get the chaps at Campbell Barracks to snatch him back..."OP KEBAB" led by CAPT Hastie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, was a salary dump. St Kilda literally gave him
away for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this i don't get. saint's fans bang on about us front loading all our contracts.

now we they're talking about salary dumps.

can't be both.

Good luck with Acres guys. One of the most frustrating Saints of recent years but nobody can work out the solution. You'll see that the majority of tears on our board revolve around the word 'potential'.

He played mostly as a 3rd tall forward/half forward flanker for us. Had some spells in the middle but very rarely a full game.

Some people put it down to fitness issues. Some put it down to poor coaching. Others say he hasn't got the ability to do it week after week at this level. More of us say he never got the chance.

What you have is a guy with the body to play and a fairly smart footy brain, but who can look outright lazy at time with how casually he tries to play. Definitely a lack of urgency in his game.

I think you will certainly give him more midfield time. Probably rotating with Mundy and Fyfe up forward for a rest and I'm not sure what your back half looks like but playing on the wing and sweeping across half back is something he could do well.

Just don't ask him to defend 1 on 1 haha

We get Aish

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Collingwood list manager Ned Guy has confirmed that defender James Aish will be traded to Fremantle on the final day of the Telstra <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AFLTrade?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#AFLTrade</a> Period. <a href="https://t.co/vWXBGY8B2T">pic.twitter.com/vWXBGY8B2T</a></p>&mdash; Collingwood FC (collingwoodfc) <a href="">October 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Peter Bell turned Chris Mayne (bless his soul) into Pick 10, a future 2nd (~pick 24), Blake Acres and a future 4th.

you can't possibly get a more lop sided trade in your clubs favor.

we have 3 years of Hill footy left maximum.

sets Freo up perfectly for the next 10 years.

it's just a pity you can't execute that trade every year! you need more Maynes and more St Kilda's

You can really thank Collingwood though. They were the idiots who offered Mayne so much money we got pick 23 for him.

You can really thank Collingwood though. They were the idiots who offered Mayne so much money we got pick 23 for him.

and who did that... Gubby Allen... where is Gubby Allen now... st kilda.

it's gone full circle. Gubby is the best thing to ever happen to Young.

What would you describe it as if we effectively gave up Hill and a 3rd for a future 2nd, future 4th, 58 and Acres due to 10 being eaten by a Henry bid? My phrasing was Hyperbolic but it should be a real concern
If we have to use pick 10 on Henry then I'd describe it as giving up Hill for the pick that got us Henry plus all the rest. It doesn't go away just because we didn't get to take Henry where we wanted to take him.

What would you describe it as if we effectively gave up Hill and a 3rd for a future 2nd, future 4th, 58 and Acres due to 10 being eaten by a Henry bid? My phrasing was Hyperbolic but it should be a real concern

It would be unfortunate to lose that #10 to a bid at either #8 or #9.

To me #7 and #10 gives us the dilemma of picking which player won't make it to #10 at #7 rather than the best available at #7. Similar to Brayshaw, Cerra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back