Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's ahead of Jones in that list. Sandi has one year in him. By end of 2019 it's Darcy, Lobb then who? Jones, Meek aren't AFL quality. That's bad IMO. Apeness isn't consistently fit. Feel that by end of this pre season, Nads will be alot stronger and when Sandi goes will be great to have alongside Lobb/Darcy in 2020. Seriously poor list management. Top heavy with Meek, Jones, Kersten and Apeness who all could be gone by 2019 anyway.
Kersten is done, Cox can play half back. So really he's a ruck/forward hybrid who can mark. He's only 20.

You're looking at Ruck: Darcy, Lobb, Apeness - Meek, Jones delisted.
I think Strnadica is behind Apeness who isn't even in that list.

Meek is the same age as Darcy, don't let Sean's physical development warp your expectations of Lloyd's progression.

This list balance argument is rubbish in my view, we had 4 main rucks and two ruck forwards. Which is what maybe one more than the average list? Respectively from the groups 1 on the edge of retirement and 1 injury prone too.
So peel have to play 1 extra tall and a rookie gets delisted with

From May this year...I didn't get it then, I don't get it now.

If we'd taken Schloithe and not committed to 5 ruckmen on the list ....I'd be pretty sure he'd be close to a debut.

The selection of Jones and Meek, with Darcy & Sandi and a rookie listed Strnadica at a time when only 1 ruck will get gametime is a head shaker to me and ties up a spot on our list for another 12 months.

Ruck situation (# of rookies)

Teams with 3 rucks - Adelaide, Brisbane (1) , C'Wood (1), GWS, Gold Coast, Hawks, Port & St K (1)
Teams with 4 rucks - Carlton, Geelong, Melb (1), Swans (1) & Doggies
Teams with 5 rucks - Freo (1), Eagles (1), Essendon (3) & North Melb (1)
Teams with 6 rucks - Richmond

Aside from Richmond (NFI what they are doing but good on em), Eagles at least play 2 ruckmen and N Melb are trying to make a KP out of Daw.

I think Sandi, Darcy, Meek & Strnadica would of been enough for a team not competing for a flag.

Geez he badly misread that then didn't he! We just fixed the most glaring weakness on our list compared to Brisbane who has not progressed at all with the loss of Beams. It may not have been for money, but I am kind of thinking he won't mind the extra $500K next year.

The Lachie move does have a tragic irony to it, being the catalyst for our trade fortunes. I don't know what his reasons for leaving were if it's money, fine. If not, I hope he talked to Bell behind closed doors and we sort it out.

I just came in here to find out your list status.

So it's potentially:
- 1 main list player delisted
- 1 other main list player rookied or delisted
- Nads delisted

Leaving 37 on main list and 1-2 on the rookie list.

Leaving 3 ND picks and 2-3 RD picks.

I suppose there are a few options, but at a minimum you need to go down to 37 main list spots to allow 3 ND picks or rookie promotions.

I've probably got something wrong. Happy to be corrected.

You would'nt have your eyes on Strnadica by any chance?...sorry he aint going no where;) my prediction anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From May this year...I didn't get it then, I don't get it now.
That post was incomplete and I had thought better of posting it anyway but now I've accidentally done it the rest would have read: "having an opportunity to play who gives a s**t. (Other than the 9 hardcore Peel fans and, obviously, Nads himself). Our long term list balance and success are far more important.

Bad decision to get rid of Strnadica. I think we will regret this in a few years.

Definitely had too many talls but should have chopped & paid out either Meek, Jones or Apeness. He was developing to be better than any of those.

I expect we will redraft him

Has Nyhuis definitely been upgraded? AFL website seems to suggest we still might delist him off the rookie list and take him again as a rookie?
(or not, delist for good would suit me)
Afl.com.au said last week we had resigned him. The same website said today we hadn't. So Im not sure. Duman is definitely still on the rookie list so we currently have 37 players contracted on the main list if Nyhuis has not been elevated. With Rosich saying this week we will use the four picks in the draft it seems likely we will delist one contracted player at least. We also included pick 65 in the Hogan trade. Why would they bother if we didn't have a plan for the pick.

I'm not sure I understand but if we were to redraft him then we would state that we were going to redraft him like we have previously with our redrafted rookies

Yes perhaps Im being hopeful....I just dont want Eaglets getting there hands on him ;). I had forgot that it can be up to three years on the rookie list and Nads had only done two...I thought his time was up so anticipated that may be the strategy. Reality is hes gone.:'(

It is pretty normal. Strnadica was one of the very last players to be drafted last year, with both Meek and Jones being selected ahead of him.

Strnadica was drafted in 2016, whilst Meek and Jones were 2017.

Not sure I get all the Nads delisting teeth gnashing. He looked a bit lumbering to be an effective AFL forward to me and if you're not agile with a leap how are you going to compete at only 201 cm in the ruck?

How do you compete in the ruck if you are only 201cm and not athletic? See link below:

http://m.fremantlefc.com.au/player-profile/sean-darcy

Strnadica actually has a good leap IMO. I can't help but think there might have been other issues that we can't see as supporters because from the outside he looked well ahead of Meek and Jones, and way more versatile.

Afl.com.au said last week we had resigned him. The same website said today we hadn't. So Im not sure. Duman is definitely still on the rookie list so we currently have 37 players contracted on the main list if Nyhuis has not been elevated. With Rosich saying this week we will use the four picks in the draft it seems likely we will delist one contracted player at least. We also included pick 65 in the Hogan trade. Why would they bother if we didn't have a plan for the pick.

What makes you say that?

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2018-08-14/rookie-defender-signs-on
"Rookie defender Taylin Duman will be elevated to the senior list after signing a one-year contract extension that will see him at Fremantle until at least the end of the 2019 season."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back