Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zac Fisher did in his draft year from memory.
Was Rd 2 because Perth didn't play in Rd 1. He was also one of the best on ground (23 disposals 2 goals).

A few bottom agers have played League before as well I think but good signs from Sharp. I don't get why some don't rate him? I mean there's obviously some intelligence issues given he's a WC fan but I'm backing him to realise the error in his ways once he gets into the AFL system.

I've watched Sharp a couple of times. Was VERY impressed both times.

Hard running wingman hardnut who has nice skills and doesn't mind the hard stuff
so what your saying he’s hard?...

Seriously tho yep he’s exactly what we need and if his projected draft range stays as is he ll be right around our pick

Definitely should be our no 1 draft target at this stage.

Seems like Sharp is playing league.

That’s impressive as I don’t remember a player starting in the league team.

Actually quite a number (of mainly midfielders) have over the years either started the year or even started the year before their draft year; it depends on the quality of the WAFL team and obviously the strength of the draftee and whether they are physically able to do it. East Fremantle have had a number play earlier rather than later in recent years because of not having particularly strong depth.

Obviously Stephen Coniglio who was playing seniors in 2010, two years before he was drafted (in 2012) playing in the winning premiership Swans team and kicking four goals 19 possessions, same with Daniel Rich with Subiaco and then further back with Scott Gumbleton and Daniel Wells with Peel and the like. Rhys Palmer also comes to mind, whilst players like Rhys Waters from Subiaco also started there but then never made it to AFL level. And Dillon O'Reilly played league a year for East Freo a year before his potential first draft year but didn't get drafted.

so what your saying he’s hard?...

Seriously tho yep he’s exactly what we need and if his projected draft range stays as is he ll be right around our pick

Definitely should be our no 1 draft target at this stage.

What makes you say that? As I said earlier in the thread, if Noah Anderson or Cameron Taheny were still on the table at our first pick he is definitely not our No.1 target.

I would be interested to know what makes you say he is exactly what we need as well. What is our biggest need? I think we need players who brings very good speed plus a very good skill level, and (to answer WtG's question) I am concerned that when under real pressure Sharp's skills levels decrease more rapidly then others and also not having even really good speed (let alone top end speed).

Live Melbourne, if somebody can do a report that would be good?

Please add Rivers and Ruscoe from Old Easts as well?

Not a report as such but just the stats summarised.

Colts 6/4/19

Stats for NGs:

Joel Western: 19 possessions 4 tackles 2 inside 50s 1 goal
Liam Henry: 16 possessions 3 marks 8 tackles inside 50s 1 goal
Brandon Walker: 11 possessions (all kicks) 5 marks 3 tackles
Chris Walker: 8 possessions 3 marks 6 tackles
Leno Thomas: 7 possessions 2 marks 1 tackle, 1 behind
Keanu Haddow: 5 possessions 2 marks 2 tackles

Non NGs
Luke Jackson 36 hitouts, 11 possessions, 3 marks 1 tackle
Trent Rivers 26 possessions, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 3 inside 50s
Trey Roscoe 20 possessions, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 6 inside 50s, 2 goals

What makes you say that? As I said earlier in the thread, if Noah Anderson or Cameron Taheny were still on the table at our first pick he is definitely not our No.1 target.

I would be interested to know what makes you say he is exactly what we need as well. What is our biggest need? I think we need players who brings very good speed plus a very good skill level, and (to answer WtG's question) I am concerned that when under real pressure Sharp's skills levels decrease more rapidly then others and also not having even really good speed (let alone top end speed).
Well obviously those guys would be ahead of sharp as targets but at this stage,I doubt (hope , expect)we won’t finish lower enough to have that choice

The games I’ve watched Sharp in (namely 18s carnival) I thought he showed plenty of speed and his skills looked tidy.
I’ll defer to your greater knowledge of wa junior prospects ysaye but from the vision I’ve seen sharp certainly appears quick to me.

I wholeheartedly agree speed and skills are exactly what we need (in a mid) and from my , limited, viewing sharp has shown that .
No probs if you disagree.

As for his skills decreasing under “real” pressure (how many players don’t tho?, other than the very elite?)compared to others ,who exactly do you mean?-Anderson and taheny?-again that’s probably not surprising as their rated some of the best prospects in the country and like I said if where in a position to pick them then our seasons gone horribly wrong and we ve got bigger issues to worry about than just getting one of the country’s best young mids.

Anyways you see a lot more of said juniors than me so happy to accept your better judgement on this one

That said a lot can happen in 12 mths , especially in a prospects draft year not to mention we may indeed be trading our first pick this year agsin(eg Kelly) so our first may in fact be around sharps range if he stays where you think he’ll end up.

A lot to play out yet

Not a report as such but just the stats summarised.

Colts 6/4/19

Stats for NGs:

Joel Western: 19 possessions 4 tackles 2 inside 50s 1 goal
Liam Henry: 16 possessions 3 marks 8 tackles inside 50s 1 goal
Brandon Walker: 11 possessions (all kicks) 5 marks 3 tackles
Chris Walker: 8 possessions 3 marks 6 tackles
Leno Thomas: 7 possessions 2 marks 1 tackle, 1 behind
Keanu Haddow: 5 possessions 2 marks 2 tackles

Non NGs
Luke Jackson 36 hitouts, 11 possessions, 3 marks 1 tackle
Trent Rivers 26 possessions, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 3 inside 50s
Trey Roscoe 20 possessions, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 6 inside 50s, 2 goals
Thanks

Manfred Kelly (NGA) also played for South Freo Colts today - 20 disposals, 4 tackles, 3 i50s. Was playing on ball - lots of handballs.

Not sure what happened to Liam Henry in the 4th quarter. Claremont had a great 3rd quarter and Henry's and Western's stats zoomed up at the same time. But then didn't seem to move much in the 4th - hopefully not an injury :(

Well obviously those guys would be ahead of sharp as targets but at this stage,I doubt (hope , expect)we won’t finish lower enough to have that choice

The games I’ve watched Sharp in (namely 18s carnival) I thought he showed plenty of speed and his skills looked tidy.
I’ll defer to your greater knowledge of wa junior prospects ysaye but from the vision I’ve seen sharp certainly appears quick to me.

I wholeheartedly agree speed and skills are exactly what we need (in a mid) and from my , limited, viewing sharp has shown that .
No probs if you disagree.

As for his skills decreasing under “real” pressure (how many players don’t tho?, other than the very elite?)compared to others ,who exactly do you mean?-Anderson and taheny?-again that’s probably not surprising as their rated some of the best prospects in the country and like I said if where in a position to pick them then our seasons gone horribly wrong and we ve got bigger issues to worry about than just getting one of the country’s best young mids.

Anyways you see a lot more of said juniors than me so happy to accept your better judgement on this one

That said a lot can happen in 12 mths , especially in a prospects draft year not to mention we may indeed be trading our first pick this year agsin(eg Kelly) so our first may in fact be around sharps range if he stays where you think he’ll end up.

A lot to play out yet

Sorry my post probably sounded more confrontational then it was meant.

I totally agree that there is plenty of time to play out in terms of everyone's development and to be fair Sharp might overtake either of those two. For example, I didn't think Jordan Clark was a top pick this time of year, but clearly he went another several levels by the end of the year.

I don't know that any of those guys mentioned will necessarily go early anyway though - everyone seems to favour drafting the top ball magnets first in the draft, and there are others even ahead of these three when it comes to racking up possessions. The validation of Sam Walsh this year will only reinforce that as a thing.

Sorry my post probably sounded more confrontational then it was meant.

I totally agree that there is plenty of time to play out in terms of everyone's development and to be fair Sharp might overtake either of those two. For example, I didn't think Jordan Clark was a top pick this time of year, but clearly he went another several levels by the end of the year.

I don't know that any of those guys mentioned will necessarily go early anyway though - everyone seems to favour drafting the top ball magnets first in the draft, and there are others even ahead of these three when it comes to racking up possessions. The validation of Sam Walsh this year will only reinforce that as a thing.

The game I saw Sharp live, I thought he was outstanding. Hard running, fast enough, very neat disposal.

Someone said earlier Craig Turley and there's a bit of that with him, but I see Mike Richardson

The reason everyone has a hard-on for Sharp is that he is the only top rated WA midfielder.

Guarantee most here, including myself would be flat out having seen him or any other 2019 prospect play more than 3 games of football. Every year all the WA prospects get pumped up on here as I suspect they do on the Coasters board and likewise with the SA kids on the SA club boards.

I personally don't care which state they are from if they are good kids. Home state is a tie-breaker only.

FTR, I did watch Sharp last year in the champs and he is good. Not sure I think he is what we need though. We need more quality inside.

The reason everyone has a hard-on for Sharp is that he is the only top rated WA midfielder.

Guarantee most here, including myself would be flat out having seen him or any other 2019 prospect play more than 3 games of football. Every year all the WA prospects get pumped up on here as I suspect they do on the Coasters board and likewise with the SA kids on the SA club boards.

I personally don't care which state they are from if they are good kids. Home state is a tie-breaker only.

FTR, I did watch Sharp last year in the champs and he is good. Not sure I think he is what we need though. We need more quality inside.
Yeah, just like Aaron Naughton,
Would never make it as a forward aye;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I knew Naughton would come up, I almost put him in my post.

Do you want to name the rest? You know, the ones that are tearing it up?
Being serious-
I get where your coming from but as I said in my response to ysaye , in this instance ,from my limited viewing of sharp he does possess a lot of what I think we need and is every chance to be in our draft range.

A lot to play out tho and happy to nab another (from wherever)who may jump up into draft calculations (eg tahenys write ups sound promising)

And for the record ,yes I am biased to wa players.

Had the club been more so between our appalling 2010-2014 years we may just be in a better predicament than we are now.

Btw Kelly/Fisher/Taylor are going alright atm , none of my whom were taken particular high either , while
Allen,Ryan,Powell,Clark are showing some pretty positives signs

Being serious-
I get where your coming from but as I said in my response to ysaye , in this instance ,from my limited viewing of sharp he does possess a lot of what I think we need and is every chance to be in our draft range.

A lot to play out tho and happy to nab another (from wherever)who may jump up into draft calculations (eg tahenys write ups sound promising)

And for the record ,yes I am biased to wa players.

Had the club been more so between our appalling 2010-2014 years we may just be in a better predicament than we are now.

Btw Kelly/Fisher/Taylor are going alright atm , none of my whom were taken particular high either , while
Allen,Ryan,Powell,Clark are showing some pretty positives signs
Bolded is my whole point and its not just you. The rest is fair enough.

It just makes this thread below what it could be because all the WA players are on pedestal and all VIc metro are flight risks.

I think Deven Robertson might have something to say with regards to top ranked mid fielder in WA IMO.

DEVEN ROBERTSON
(PERTH/MANNING JFC)

The 2017 WA U16s Captain and MVP winner is a bullocking inside midfielder who thrives on the contested side of the game. In four games for WA’s U18s he averaged 14 possessions, seven tackles, two marks and two inside 50s with his best performances coming against the Allies (17 possessions, four tackles, and three inside 50s) and Vic Country (17 possessions and nine tackles). In just five games for Perth’s Colts team, Robertson averaged 28 possessions, seven tackles and four inside 50s, with best afield performances against East Fremantle (33 possessions, six marks, five tackles and five inside 50s) and Peel Thunder (34 possessions, five tackles and five inside 50s), and a near best-afield performance against Subiaco (36 possessions and a goal). The nephew of former West Coast champion Darren Glass has a very bright future

I think Deven Robertson might have something to say with regards to top ranked mid fielder in WA IMO.

DEVEN ROBERTSON
(PERTH/MANNING JFC)

The 2017 WA U16s Captain and MVP winner is a bullocking inside midfielder who thrives on the contested side of the game. In four games for WA’s U18s he averaged 14 possessions, seven tackles, two marks and two inside 50s with his best performances coming against the Allies (17 possessions, four tackles, and three inside 50s) and Vic Country (17 possessions and nine tackles). In just five games for Perth’s Colts team, Robertson averaged 28 possessions, seven tackles and four inside 50s, with best afield performances against East Fremantle (33 possessions, six marks, five tackles and five inside 50s) and Peel Thunder (34 possessions, five tackles and five inside 50s), and a near best-afield performance against Subiaco (36 possessions and a goal). The nephew of former West Coast champion Darren Glass has a very bright future
I have no doubt there are some reasonably unknown gems in the WA pool. Sharp is the only one that the draft "experts" mention from WA being a top 10 mid prospect.

I have no doubt there are some reasonably unknown gems in the WA pool. Sharp is the only one that the draft "experts" mention from WA being a top 10 mid prospect.

Most of the Vic "experts" haven't seen anything of the WA boys at this point in time. If one dares seek out those Eagle fans who know something about draft prospects, they are talking heavily about Devon Robertson and Mitch Georgiades, with Jack Allen as a smokey to rise right up the rankings.

Most of the Vic "experts" haven't seen anything of the WA boys at this point in time. If one dares seek out those Eagle fans who know something about draft prospects, they are talking heavily about Devon Robertson and Mitch Georgiades, with Jack Allen as a smokey to rise right up the rankings.
I'm expecting Trent Rivers to move up the draft board as well.

Did Robertson or Georgiades play yesterday?

Sorry but I don't rate Allen. Being a good size isn't enough. Feel a bit the same about Jackson atm - is he dominant only because of his size?

Yeah but thats my whole point. Everyone here loves Sharp because they have heard of him and people rate him.

I am not even remotely saying that he is the only good WA prospect. I am saying I would really like a balanced discussion in this thread that goes beyond everyone saying how much we need the only WA prospect they have heard of and that every non-WA boy is a flight risk.

Honestly think I am no chance of getting it.

I'm expecting Trent Rivers to move up the draft board as well.

Did Robertson or Georgiades play yesterday?

Sorry but I don't rate Allen. Being a good size isn't enough. Feel a bit the same about Jackson atm - is he dominant only because of his size?

Jackson is also very fast and agile (probably closing in on elite for his size) and good marking and tapping ability befitting of his elite junior basketball background. This is coupled with reasonable kicking skills.

Oh
Jackson is also very fast and agile (probably closing in on elite for his size) and good marking and tapping ability befitting of his elite junior basketball background. This is coupled with reasonable kicking skills.
E Freo have at least 3 players to keep an eye on, and knighmare has at least heard, written about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back