Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, although with SA club picks before us and the level of eveness looking like it will mean that location will be a factor for all clubs, it is looking less likely that he would be there.
let me hope that he'll be there

I have a feeling if we pass on will Gould we’ll regret it

“If you marry, you will regret it; if you do not marry, you will also regret it; if you marry or do not marry, you will regret both; Laugh at the world’s follies, you will regret it, weep over them, you will also regret that; laugh at the world’s follies or weep over them, you will regret both; whether you laugh at the world’s follies or weep over them, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it, believe her not, you will also regret that; believe a woman or believe her not, you will regret both; whether you believe a woman or believe her not, you will regret both. Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will also regret that; hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the sum and substance of all philosophy.” - Soren Kierkegaard

There are lots of potential "regret" players in this draft - the ones I am potentially waiting for the moans and groans about are Luke Jackson, Trent Rivers and Jeremy Sharp because of them being "Local Freo" boys. I expect Jeremy Sharp will play almost immediately in most clubs and will look really good; it might take a while before his weaknesses are exposed, whilst the other two could really kick on in future years to which I can imagine never hearing the end of it. Like the quote above, we will almost certainly regret missing out on someone in this draft.

Adelaide have pick 3, and port not until 9
Crows will be having a hard look ar the two SA boys. If we did get pick 5 for Hill they could be very interested in their 1st plus ?? For 5 and 6. They have 21 and 26, so perhaps those plus 3. Trade 3 to GWS for 11, 15 and IHill (yes I know he just extended).

Fantasyland, or is there a potential play there for us?

* or we do a nasty deed and trade the pick from the Crows to Power for 9, 27 and/or Frampton.

Last edited:
“If you marry, you will regret it; if you do not marry, you will also regret it; if you marry or do not marry, you will regret both; Laugh at the world’s follies, you will regret it, weep over them, you will also regret that; laugh at the world’s follies or weep over them, you will regret both; whether you laugh at the world’s follies or weep over them, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it, believe her not, you will also regret that; believe a woman or believe her not, you will regret both; whether you believe a woman or believe her not, you will regret both. Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will also regret that; hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the sum and substance of all philosophy.” - Soren Kierkegaard

There are lots of potential "regret" players in this draft - the ones I am potentially waiting for the moans and groans about are Luke Jackson, Trent Rivers and Jeremy Sharp because of them being "Local Freo" boys. I expect Jeremy Sharp will play almost immediately in most clubs and will look really good; it might take a while before his weaknesses are exposed, whilst the other two could really kick on in future years to which I can imagine never hearing the end of it. Like the quote above, we will almost certainly regret missing out on someone in this draft.

I think this is why this year we need to go to the draft!

I have a feeling if we have picks 5 & 6 then we won't be picking up a WA kid early, i don't think they'll create a bolter. note, i don't have any reasoning for this feeling and my feelings are always wrong haha.

Can you believe we have to wait until late November to find out what kids we get, gahhh so far away im too excited

If we can get him fit SHill will be our winger along with Tucker. That's actually pretty good.

The issue is depth if/when SHill goes down. Because then we're relying on Bewley, Coyler, Giro.

Walters to the wing for me, rotating through half forward and using his beautiful kick inside 50. He can't keep playing in the guts or his body will break down

Edit: and back Switta, Schultz to keep developing as small forwards, and hopefully we can draft Henry

Soren probably could have gone with ‘Dammed if you do, dammed if you dont’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No - committees are way to slow for the wings. Although the poor decision making will probably fit the bill replacing Langdon.
I don’t see anybody on our list at the moment that can play 22 games and is suited to a wing.

Tucker is ok and better suited to inside role.

S Hill is suited but can he play 22 games?

Giro looks ok but can he overlook his knee injury and have the same quickness?

Walters to a wing, is robbing Peter to pay Paul. Could work.

Hughes and Duiman possibilities but not inspirational selections.

Banfield would suited to an inside role.

McCarthy doesn’t have the tank or gut running attitude.

Wilson?
I don’t see anybody on our list at the moment that can play 22 games and is suited to a wing.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Conca was trialled on the wing in the Geelong game.

The faster the ball movement the quicker we need our wingers to be. The slower, the slower they can be. If it's a stoppage slog after slog, they can be big slow mids.

I find it interesting to compare to other teams - who are Collingwood's fast wings? Most of their speed is in their forward line not on the wing. You regularly see Sidebottom on a wing and he is not fast, nor is Phillips (though they both have good endurance). Geelong? Duncan and Menengola are not fast. Again endurance is the key.

I honestly think we could have fast high flankers next season in Sturt and Henry on the forward flanks and Wilson and one of other (Carter, Logue or maybe a draftee like Ash or Sharp?). Do we then need pure pacy wingers, or do we need wingers with great endurance?

I have seen Conca, Brayshaw and Cerra on the wings, and obviously I would think a plan might be be to get someone like Cerra up to a fitness level that he could play the majority of the game there. It all depends on what kind of game plan is on the cards.

Carter?

Kelly is better than both of those players and we don't have an option of getting either of those two players.
I would be saying $1m each year 1 to 3 & $1.5m 4 to 5.

We need to go hard for a premiership in the next few years. It needs to happen while Fyfe is still a game changer.
To do that, we need not just B22 players, but best top 10 players.
If we don't go after the likes of Kelly when the opportunities come available, then we might as well just raise the white flag now and just go the draft each year, hoping to snag some future champs that will be productive for us in 5 years time.

I can't believe people are talking about recruiting the likes of Acres and Robertson, while possibly losing Langdon, BHill & Blakely, and we can't afford to go hard for Kelly.
Kelly is not better than Coniglio and very debatable on Neale.

Conca was trialled on the wing in the Geelong game.

The faster the ball movement the quicker we need our wingers to be. The slower, the slower they can be. If it's a stoppage slog after slog, they can be big slow mids.

Gees I hope the new coach opts for a stoppage after stoppage slog!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back