Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d rather punt on some Sunday ammos players....
Sunday ammos players over 35s!!

Hold my beer and get me a pen I'm in!!

Pro's - I played this whole last season on the wing, area of need
Con's - Well let's just say I would have been a mature age rookie at the club's inception....... slightly more so now.
Pro #2 - Have yet to bite anyone in my career so far !

But on a slightly more realistic note, I'm keen on Bring back Drum's idea of a Brayshaw reunion at Freo. I watched Hamish play a couple of WAFL games and was very impressed, got a lot of the ball inside and did some good things with it. I've heard through people that have met him that Mark Brayshaw would be a great choice as CEO and any chance to get Gus over I'd jump at !! I may be wrong but have heard that the other brother in the Defence Force is now posted in Perth as well ?

Stars are lining up, I'm off to the TAB to put some hard earned on Clarko before he tightens up from $7 !!

Hold my beer and get me a pen I'm in!!

Pro's - I played this whole last season on the wing, area of need
Con's - Well let's just say I would have been a mature age rookie at the club's inception....... slightly more so now.
Pro #2 - Have yet to bite anyone in my career so far !

But on a slightly more realistic note, I'm keen on Bring back Drum's idea of a Brayshaw reunion at Freo. I watched Hamish play a couple of WAFL games and was very impressed, got a lot of the ball inside and did some good things with it. I've heard through people that have met him that Mark Brayshaw would be a great choice as CEO and any chance to get Gus over I'd jump at !! I may be wrong but have heard that the other brother in the Defence Force is now posted in Perth as well ?

Stars are lining up, I'm off to the TAB to put some hard earned on Clarko before he tightens up from $7 !!
Can you hit a target by foot?

CONNOR BLAKELY (FREM)
Signed a three-year deal this year but amid a fallout with some teammates will he still be there next year? Averaged 19 possessions but given there are still many list changes ahead at the Dockers he might end up staying.

ED LANGDON (FREM)
All signs still point to Melbourne after the speedy winger recently met with a host of clubs to explore his options. Keen on the Demons and the feeling is mutual.

BRAD HILL (FREM)
Fremantle will surely ask for pick 5 straight out for Hill, whose manager told the Herald Sun last week informed the Dockers in June he wanted out.
Given the deal could be six years and more than $800,000 a year, pick 5 (likely to be 6 after the Suns priority pick) sounds about right.

SAM POWELL-PEPPER (PORT)
All signs are pointing towards a departure. Essendon need a hardened onballer to assist Zach Merrett and Dylan Shiel, while Fremantle has also been linked to Powell-Pepper if they, as expected, miss out on Tim Kelly. Port Adelaide will listen to offers, even if Powell-Pepper is keen to stay.

Hooker is gone.
Hooker offered more money at West Coast and a long term employment deal there too.
The fact that hooker has been offered more and longer but is still weighing things up is at least a positive sign for our clubs culture.
Agree with the poster that said it’s kind of shame tho cause she’s definitely out performed Donnellan over the journey so far.
Masten is a stop gap until the kids grow up.

Comes free and sign up for one year at a time.
Masten can go and get f’ed.

We committed to this course of list management. If Freo were going to go out and commit to a mouth breather like Masten we should have kept guys like De Boer and Grey.

Next year is going to be so s**t.
Masten you say?

6e64c3c8f01a989981fa892c213f5207.gif
Masten came from the era where you could be short and didn't need to be able to kick if you could outrun everyone. Not anymore.

Seriously short. Did I mention how short he is?
Why would anyone want Masten? He’s just a bit player.
I’d rather punt on some state leaguers than Masten etc
Didn’t agree with Colyer, wouldn’t agree with Masten - these guys take up a spot on the list.

Much rather we threw a spot to a Sokol or Hibberd.
Whether he is 1.79cm or not. He is still s**tte and I can’t see him looking good in a Freo jumper.

All of the Get ****ed Masten posts.

I agree, he's a moron and a s**t bloke.

CONNOR BLAKELY (FREM)
Signed a three-year deal this year but amid a fallout with some teammates will he still be there next year? Averaged 19 possessions but given there are still many list changes ahead at the Dockers he might end up staying.

ED LANGDON (FREM)
All signs still point to Melbourne after the speedy winger recently met with a host of clubs to explore his options. Keen on the Demons and the feeling is mutual.

BRAD HILL (FREM)
Fremantle will surely ask for pick 5 straight out for Hill, whose manager told the Herald Sun last week informed the Dockers in June he wanted out.
Given the deal could be six years and more than $800,000 a year, pick 5 (likely to be 6 after the Suns priority pick) sounds about right.

SAM POWELL-PEPPER (PORT)
All signs are pointing towards a departure. Essendon need a hardened onballer to assist Zach Merrett and Dylan Shiel, while Fremantle has also been linked to Powell-Pepper if they, as expected, miss out on Tim Kelly. Port Adelaide will listen to offers, even if Powell-Pepper is keen to stay.

Port really want SPP out.

Probably explains why both Freo and WCE passed on him in the draft. There's obviously something going on that the public aren't aware of.

Pass.

Port really want SPP out.

Probably explains why both Freo and WCE passed on him in the draft. There's obviously something going on that the public aren't aware of.

Pass.
I’ve said this numerous times before, under no circumstances can SPP play his footy in this state.
This club needs to concentrate on onfield performances rather than sorting out other issues.

Would anyone take Chris Mayne back for the last year of his contract? Transitioning into an assistant coach the year after? He could play wing in Brad Hill’s absence.

Collingwood would likely do it for pick 90. Assuming they win the flag this year.

How many of the current group would he know?

Fyfe, Walters, Mundy, S.Hill...

The more I think about it, it wouldn’t bode well. Maybe just get him as a coach after he finishes at Collingwood.

I just love the story, we turned Chris Mayne into pick 5. And we only missed him for 3 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone take Chris Mayne back for the last year of his contract? Transitioning into an assistant coach the year after? He could play wing in Brad Hill’s absence.

Collingwood would likely do it for pick 90. Assuming they win the flag this year.

How many of the current group would he know?

Fyfe, Walters, Mundy, S.Hill...

The more I think about it, it wouldn’t bode well. Maybe just get him as a coach after he finishes at Collingwood.

I just love the story, we turned Chris Mayne into pick 5. And we only missed him for 3 seasons.

God No.

He was the most frustrating player I have ever watched in purple during his last year.

And I watched Jack Anthony.

Melbourne ITK reckons they need to shed capspace, cant afford to bring players in. I know there's a few people here that dont rate him too high but I have to think Brayshaw is almost gettable. Would rather him than Kelly and I think taking every pick that we'll have to the draft is overkill on young talent

Think they would be mighty tempted by pick 6 which I personally would be happy to do

Many were convinced that Gus Brayshaw would end up at Freo. Just read that his girlfriend is Danielle Frawley, Danny’s daughter. Very sad loss and important for family to stick together.

Not against us having a look at Hamish Brayshaw who is out of contract but from what I’ve seen his speed is is weakest point. But quite rightly Gus Brayshaw won’t be in purple. Only just re-signed this time last year for a long term contract.

God No.

He was the most frustrating player I have ever watched in purple during his last year.

And I watched Jack Anthony.

Looking at the players we’ve lost around the league. Many went stale under Lyon. Crozier, Mayne, DeBoer...all of which would be in our 22 come 2020.

I think players going stale is one of the main reasons I’m happy to see the end of Lyon.

Looking at the players we’ve lost around the league. Many went stale under Lyon. Crozier, Mayne, DeBoer...all of which would be in our 22 come 2020.

I think players going stale is one of the main reasons I’m happy to see the end of Lyon.

Yep, agreed. Ross Lyon is the devil and the club should never have hired him.

Melbourne ITK reckons they need to shed capspace, cant afford to bring players in. I know there's a few people here that dont rate him too high but I have to think Brayshaw is almost gettable. Would rather him than Kelly and I think taking every pick that we'll have to the draft is overkill on young talent

Think they would be mighty tempted by pick 6 which I personally would be happy to do
Was typing about Gus Brayshaw when you posted. Very highly unlikely to come West if you read my post above.

Melbourne are indeed looking to free up some cash for an assault at 2020 FA Whitfield.

From all reports Frost (surprisingly) might be one to make way. A player not dissimilar to Sam Collins. Solid defender but kicking deficiencies letting them and the team down. Not suggesting at all that we’re in the market for Frost.

The area to potentially look at for Melbourne is the Wing. Recruitment of Ed Langdon and Tomlinson as FA will both be on the wing. Suggests they aren’t happy with their own wingers which isn’t a glowing endorsement. Perhaps we could look at Jayden Hunt??

Would expect a draft pick to accompany him if in the trade discussion for Ed Langdon.

Ie Langdon, 79 > Hunt, 39

79 will move forward and 39 will move back a little.

Was typing about Gus Brayshaw when you posted. Very highly unlikely to come West if you read my post above.

Melbourne are indeed looking to free up some cash for an assault at 2020 FA Whitfield.

From all reports Frost (surprisingly) might be one to make way. A player not dissimilar to Sam Collins. Solid defender but kicking deficiencies letting them and the team down. Not suggesting at all that we’re in the market for Frost.

The area to potentially look at for Melbourne is the Wing. Recruitment of Ed Langdon and Tomlinson as FA will both be on the wing. Suggests they aren’t happy with their own wingers which isn’t a glowing endorsement. Perhaps we could look at Jayden Hunt??

Would expect a draft pick to accompany him if in the trade discussion for Ed Langdon.

Ie Langdon, 79 > Hunt, 39

79 will move forward and 39 will move back a little.
Yeah I fully expect it to be almost impossible but the shedding of Frost surely wouldnt help them got Whitfield. Would save them what, 400k a year, he's not worth much more than that. Given their history, he's also one you'd imagine they need to keep so its a strange one to me.

Shedding one of their 4 quality inside mids make more sense to me but what would I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back