Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superkoops

Club Legend
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like I remember reading an afl.com article at the start of this year that talked about how Constable and Brayshaw spent the whole off season running together. Seems to me like the young fella is willing to well and truly do the work to improve his efforts on the spread.

He gets good numbers as you say and he's shown he's willing to do the necessary work, sounds like a bloke who's worth a crack at the right price. A lot more appeal than anyone else we're into imo
Not sure about this Constable fella but Liam Stocker from Carlton drafted at Pick 19 in 2018 ND did exactly that see link below:

Has Brayshaw got a running club going on? If so I like the idea of him hand selecting the best ones.

eastfreo75

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Usain Bolt didn’t have to train?

Speed like endurance can be trained. Genetically some have a highest ceiling than others but it definitely can be improved

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Compare sprinters training with long distance training.

Quickness can be improved but only by margins.

Endurance can be increase massively by work loads.

eastfreo75

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
That is coachable if he wants to be coached.

Finding the pill, is a bit harder to coach for.
Their is reason Constable dropped from a first rounder to a late second rounder.

Constables numbers were always high but the combined showed is lack of quickness.

Sure, you can teach players to be more accountable but quickness is something else.

ripstickboiz

Draftee
Sep 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure about this Constable fella but Liam Stocker from Carlton drafted at Pick 19 in 2018 ND did exactly that see link below:

Has Brayshaw got a running club going on? If so I like the idea of him hand selecting the best ones.
Can't link the article because of my ancient phone but the article about Constable's rising star nom talked about how he and Brayshaw went through "arduous" gym and running sessions 6 days a week over the off season and returned to pre season in tip top shape.

Agree there's a lot of Barlow about him

BlueE

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can't link the article because of my ancient phone but the article about Constable's rising star nom talked about how he and Brayshaw went through "arduous" gym and running sessions 6 days a week over the off season and returned to pre season in tip top shape.

Agree there's a lot of Barlow about him
This one?

Set the aim of improving his fitness and running capacity, Constable and best mate Andy Brayshaw, the Fremantle midfielder, completed arduous running and gym sessions six days a week in the off-season.

afl.com.au/news/2019-04-01/brutal-preseason-helps-chook-nab-rising-star-nom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom