Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd want to split 1 of those high pick for a couple in the teens. The WA boys don't seem to be rated in that top 10 range and i can't remember a time fremantle have reached for a WA player in the first round. We only ever seem to pick them if they fall in the range.

Point being we could get value with a downgrade as WA players never seem to be rated as highly. See Naughton or English as an example.

I’m with you.

Keep 1 pick .....Brodie Kemp/Robertson

Take the other knock on Gold Coasts door or (gasp) the Eagles ...trade it for 2 in the teens/20’s plus future something to round out value.

Not to freaked out on losing 1 of these for Henry because it should protect our pick 26 and what we can get for Ed ? let’s just say 22.

End up with Kemp/Robertson, match Henry and still got a shot at 2 of Sharp/Rivers/Jackson.... if we get lucky get all 3.

I’m with you.

Keep 1 pick .....Brodie Kemp/Robertson

Take the other knock on Gold Coasts door or (gasp) the Eagles ...trade it for 2 in the teens/20’s plus future something to round out value.

Not to freaked out on losing 1 of these for Henry because it should protect our pick 26 and what we can get for Ed ? let’s just say 22.

End up with Kemp/Robertson, match Henry and still got a shot at 2 of Sharp/Rivers/Jackson.... if we get lucky get all 3.

Yeah I’m not dead against this. In this scenario we’d end up with 5 top 30 players with a strong WA contingent which definitely helps with our depth issues.

Saying that I’m not against keeping 6, 7 getting Henry and probably a top 35 pick leftover from the Henry bid. It brings in 4 players with 3x top 15 picks.

It should be an exciting draft for us as it could set us up for years. Please don’t stuff this up Freo.

Yeah I’m not dead against this. In this scenario we’d end up with 5 top 30 players with a strong WA contingent which definitely helps with our depth issues.

Saying that I’m not against keeping 6, 7 getting Henry and probably a top 35 pick leftover from the Henry bid. It brings in 4 players with 3x top 15 picks.

It should be an exciting draft for us as it could set us up for years. Please don’t stuff this up Freo.
A lot of people on the board seeming to suggest these WA U18's are going to be the messiah of the football club, do we need any reminding our draft record in recent years has not been that good so do we really have faith that this is going to be any different this year? Even for our players as highly drafted as Logue and Cerra the jury is still out on them and they are still really getting by largely on potential.

A lot of people on the board seeming to suggest these WA U18's are going to be the messiah of the football club, do we need any reminding our draft record in recent years has not been that good so do we really have faith that this is going to be any different this year? Even for our players as highly drafted as Logue and Cerra the jury is still out on them and they are still really getting by largely on potential.
The four most important Footy Department decision makers have all gone over the last 12 months. It _may_ be that our draft/trading decision making is about to improve

With regard to Langdon. Given Melbourne seem to desperately want to hang onto pick 22 (not that I believe this). Also I believe that band 3 compo picks will be awarded to GWS (Tomlinson - Pick 38) and Richmond (Ellis - Pick 40) thus leaving Melbourne with pick 42. How about the following:

Trade 1: 6, 2020 3rd > BHill, 2020 4th
Trade 2: 3, 42 > 6, Langdon
Trade 3: Nick Robertson, 2020 4th > St Kilda 2020 3rd

Leaving us with: 3, 7, 26, 42, 82

Pick 6 > 3, 42 (equates to pick 21 on pts)
Pick 7 > 3, 42 (equates to pick 18 on pts)

With regard to Langdon. Given Melbourne seem to desperately want to hang onto pick 22 (not that I believe this). Also I believe that band 3 compo picks will be awarded to GWS (Tomlinson - Pick 38) and Richmond (Ellis - Pick 40) thus leaving Melbourne with pick 42. How about the following:

Trade 1: 6, 2020 3rd > BHill, 2020 4th
Trade 2: 3, 42 > 6, Langdon
Trade 3: Nick Robertson, 2020 4th > St Kilda 2020 3rd

Leaving us with: 3, 7, 26, 42, 82

Pick 6 > 3, 42 (equates to pick 21 on pts)
Pick 7 > 3, 42 (equates to pick 18 on pts)

It’s solid, nice work

I feel that pick 3 and 4 this year GWS will be pushing hard to get because like us, if they have that, they won’t burn their first pick on their academy kid.

So that pick 3 could be split for GWS picks 12, 18, future 3rd. Issue is 12 and 18 doesn’t avoid the concern for us, as we would assume that Henry will have a bid placed on him by the time 18 comes up

Whoever it is, I’d like find a way to have 3 picks before 15, that’ll have freo not burning a top 20 pick for Henry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFL.com.au reporting we're into Connor Menadue as a winger/half-back.

Not familiar with his game but his numbers look very similar to Travis Colyer, so he should go nicely on a three year deal. His clanger rate is slightly higher than Colyer, who is second to Conca currently on our list

Ellis will be pick 20 I reckon.

Yes doubt Ellis will be a second round, more likely second band - pick 20 as stated.

One question I do have - if we were to match a Henry bid with a single pick and we have a points surplus (i.e. we get a bid not long before one of our picks), do we gain an extra pick or does our next pick move up based on the points value?
I definitely thought it was an extra pick, but not sure if we only use one pick, and the rules were changed so picks must equal list spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone willing to give Trade Radio a whirl and ask em about Sam Menegola potentially coming home or will Barrett likely just laugh at us

It’s solid, nice work

I feel that pick 3 and 4 this year GWS will be pushing hard to get because like us, if they have that, they won’t burn their first pick on their academy kid.

So that pick 3 could be split for GWS picks 12, 18, future 3rd. Issue is 12 and 18 doesn’t avoid the concern for us, as we would assume that Henry will have a bid placed on him by the time 18 comes up

Whoever it is, I’d like find a way to have 3 picks before 15, that’ll have freo not burning a top 20 pick for Henry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think 12 and 18 is worth the gamble of splitting 3. If we get pick 12 before Henry bid then great but even of it gets used on a Henry bid we are getting an extra first round pick and it seems to be a pretty even spread till about 25.

I think we need more players who are still going to be quality all first/early second.

Last edited:
I think 12 and 18 is worth the gamble of splitting 3. If we get pick 12 before Henry bid then great but even of it gets used on a Henry bid we are getting an extra first round pick and it seems to be a pretty even spread till about 25.

I think we need more players who are still going to be quality all first/early second rounders

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pick 3, 7, Henry
Is better than
Pick 7, Henry, pick 18
And
Pick 7, pick 12, Henry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back