Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a mature forward with leadership, even if they're 30+ and down on their output. With only water carriers for 30 seconds (not very frequent in these low scoring slogfests) and just a few rotations on the bench, the forwards are headless chooks. They need instruction on the field from someone.

Time for Belly to make his mark, again. At the end of the day, he’s responsible for the whole football department and non-playing group needs a rebuild. We’ve got a decent list (top 25 players) and now need new voices to take us forward.

Can’t see why Cogs, Kelly or Martin would want to play under Ross, unless $ and being back in Perth are more important to them than enjoying footy.

I’d love to see Longmuir or Caracalla get a go and have full say on who they surround themselves with.

Last edited:
Thought this was which coach should we target. That’s the first thing we should do.
We targetted Hogan and Lobb, and Ross has turned them into defensive confused players. So no matter who we bring in, the coaches will have an effect on who they are as players. Change the coach, Because getting Conglio and Kelly won’t do anything if we’re still going to have the same gameplan with the same roles

Thought this was which coach should we target. That’s the first thing we should do.
We targetted Hogan and Lobb, and Ross has turned them into defensive confused players. So no matter who we bring in, the coaches will have an effect on who they are as players. Change the coach, Because getting Conglio and Kelly won’t do anything if we’re still going to have the same gameplan with the same roles

Hogan would thrive under a less confused forward line

I still believe that dropping Sam Collins from the list was the wrong thing to do. Longmuir would be a good coach to trial with I reckon. Coniglio is a must target during the off-season though, throw all your money at him. Kelly is gonna stay with Geelong now the way they're going imo.

It wasn’t wrong. No one wanted him either. He had some huge deficiencies.
To his credit he’s addressed a lot of it last year and come back a better player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the reports are true and we have been looking at Jarvis Pina and Daly Andrews for the mid-season draft then I reckon we think Langdon is a good chance to go ( they think we should get an extra 0.5 of a season of professional environment into that player).
Sounded like Jarvis was one of the best Peel players in the finals last year.

If Lyon is cut this year then I think try target 2 first round picks.

Keep Ed, unless we can somehow replace him with a similar wingman (or if Bewley sets the world on fire)

Guelfi's out of contract this year too so perhaps look at him? Doing darn well so far this year

I like Langdon and want to keep him at the club. However S Hill is better on the wing if available and Langdon more as another link up player.

Congilio
S Bolton
L Henry
Good ball users.
Im prepared to let langdon go if someone like duman can pick up the kms.
Duman isn’t fast, nor is he a ball user. I’d put Hughes on the wing and Duman takes that role. Langdons kicking has been poor this year. We have great runners and endurance athletes in Hill and Langdon. Yet they use the ball terribly.

Duman isn’t fast, nor is he a ball user. I’d put Hughes on the wing and Duman takes that role. Langdons kicking has been poor this year. We have great runners and endurance athletes in Hill and Langdon. Yet they use the ball terribly.
Would you really want Hughes kicking into the forward line?

How 'bout J.Roughead as a forwards coach? He's won premierships, as a forward, and seems to like coaching. :)

Would you really want Hughes kicking into the forward line?
Hughes has been best 22 this year, dropped a few marks last night, but his ball movement has been ok.
Langdon and BHill are getting ragged dolled, more attention paid, their kicks forward?
At least Hughes has the size, height, speed, to at least contemplate such a move.

Hughes on a wing would be an absolutely horrendous move. Probably the worst kick on our list. This forum has an obsession with big bodied players wanting to play midfield, when in reality they need to focus on their natural positions first. Cox is a great example, plays forward, gets dropped and plays in the backline for Peel, then plays forward again for Freo. It's not good versatility, it's proloning his development, lock him in one position for a period of time and let him develop.
Hughes has been best 22 this year, dropped a few marks last night, but his ball movement has been ok.
Langdon and BHill are getting ragged dolled, more attention paid, their kicks forward?
At least Hughes has the size, height, speed, to at least contemplate such a move.

I can understand your frustration at B. Hill especially. He is as soft as butter when he isn't really trying. Langdon seems to have dropped off, for whatever reason, but surely you need a better kick and decision-maker in that position than Hughes. Hughes' kicking to advantage is non existent. Can't speak to his two-way run, but his run and carry isn't great. I would like to try someone though and if he is the best we have, then fine.

Can only be better then Langdon. He shockers with his loopy kicks this season.
He has a lot of interest in Vic. I think we should be thinking seriously as to whether he is worth the fight and the price. Hard to know whether he is on the way out, just a symptom of the teams problems or whether the decision he needs to make is weighing on him. Whatever reason, he has been disappointing.

I can understand your frustration at B. Hill especially. He is as soft as butter when he isn't really trying. Langdon seems to have dropped off, for whatever reason, but surely you need a better kick and decision-maker in that position than Hughes. Hughes' kicking to advantage is non existent. Can't speak to his two-way run, but his run and carry isn't great. I would like to try someone though and if he is the best we have, then fine.
Sometimes you just need to manufacture a win, Nyhius forward for example. If SHill was available it wouldn't be an
issue.
Desperate times, who else can play the defensive winger?
Giro, Crowden, Banfield, on that Peel game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back