apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I haven't been on the board for a while. Have we seen this?
Mar 12, 2019 - Eastern Ranges midfielder Chayce Black could become Fremantle’s first father-son draft selection in 16 years after being named on the club’s list for 2019.

fox footy
Other outside chances include St Kilda pair Jackson Voss (son of Brett) and Tyson Milne (son of Stephen), Richmond prospect Xavier Naish (son of Chris) and Docker Chayce Black (son of Heath).

Chayce Black
  • Squad:
    NAB League Boys
  • Position:
    Centre
  • Height:
    175cm
  • Junior club:
    Waverley Park
  • Supported club:
    Fremantle
  • Sponsored by:
    Selkrig Enterprises Pty Ltd
    Total-Waste-Solutions.jpg
ABOUT
STRENGTHS - Explosiveness, contested ball, speed
FAVOURITE FOOD - Red Rooster wrap
DREAM JOB - AFL player
PROUDEST MOMENT - U15 Interleague premiership
FOOTBALL IDOL - Greg Williams
ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2x club B&F
- U18 Eastern Ranges debut at 16 years old
- Senior club debut at 17
- U15 Interleague premiership
Back to Teams
Chayce-Black.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been on the board for a while. Have we seen this?
Mar 12, 2019 - Eastern Ranges midfielder Chayce Black could become Fremantle’s first father-son draft selection in 16 years after being named on the club’s list for 2019.

fox footy
Other outside chances include St Kilda pair Jackson Voss (son of Brett) and Tyson Milne (son of Stephen), Richmond prospect Xavier Naish (son of Chris) and Docker Chayce Black (son of Heath).

yep, also Lachlan McManus and Maurice Jr *sigh* are eligible soon
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-09/fathers-and-sons-whos-on-the-radar

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club

His strengths are explosiveness, speed and contested ball.:p
Yeah that Rioli thing is annoying. We need that sort of player more than Richmond.
haha Chayce's favourite food tho!

Yeah that Rioli thing is annoying. We need that sort of player more than Richmond.
and he played more games for Souths than he did for Richmond, that should count for something

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
and he played more games for Souths than he did for Richmond, that should count for something
If he is at the standard, he would be our main man, he won't be competing with Rioli and Bolton and the other plethora of small forwards at Richmond.
If he is good enough, he would get a gig anyway I guess. Pissed though.

Watch list: It will be a long wait but Freo fans would love nothing more than to see club legend and six-time Doig medallist Matthew Pavlich's three-year-old son Jack and 20-month old William one day don the purple guernsey. Pavlich and current players Michael Walters, Aaron Sandilands and Hayden Ballantyne also have daughters who could qualify for AFLW in future.

Will be worth the wait, I have on good authority both are once in a generation talents. Heard Williams grip of a bottle is a second-to-none, has a vice like grip

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Watch list: It will be a long wait but Freo fans would love nothing more than to see club legend and six-time Doig medallist Matthew Pavlich's three-year-old son Jack and 20-month old William one day don the purple guernsey. Pavlich and current players Michael Walters, Aaron Sandilands and Hayden Ballantyne also have daughters who could qualify for AFLW in future.

Will be worth the wait, I have on good authority both are once in a generation talents. Heard Williams grip of a bottle is a second-to-none, has a vice like grip
I might not even be alive:'(

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Chayce Black could become Fremantle’s father-son draft selection this year.

Black is entering his top-age year at NAB League club Eastern Ranges and is eligible to be recruited to the Dockers after his father, Heath, played 138 games for the club across two stints during his 12-year AFL career.

Ranges talent manager Sean Toohey told Lilydale Leader Black, a Waverley Park Hawks junior, was one of the fittest players on the club’s list.

He said Black, who also made four senior appearances for Mazenod in the VAFA Premier B competition last year, was being monitored by Fremantle.

“They definitely have their eye on him,” Toohey said.

Chayce Black could become Fremantle’s father-son draft selection this year.

Black is entering his top-age year at NAB League club Eastern Ranges and is eligible to be recruited to the Dockers after his father, Heath, played 138 games for the club across two stints during his 12-year AFL career.

Ranges talent manager Sean Toohey told Lilydale Leader Black, a Waverley Park Hawks junior, was one of the fittest players on the club’s list.

He said Black, who also made four senior appearances for Mazenod in the VAFA Premier B competition last year, was being monitored by Fremantle.

“They definitely have their eye on him,” Toohey said.
Man, you just know a kids a future gun when "one of the fittest" is the wrap he gets from the talent manager. Not going to hold my breath on that one...

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Man, you just know a kids a future gun when "one of the fittest" is the wrap he gets from the talent manager. Not going to hold my breath on that one...
Kinda equivalent to tries hard. Another article had him as hard working. Should be seen as a good thing but probably isn't in this context. I guess we will be thinking rookie, if anything. Like the fact that he is a contested player with explosiveness and speed though. If he is any good we certainly need that sort of player.
Funny that his kicking wasn't mentioned. First thing I think of with his Dad.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/05...utures-of-injury-prone-dockers-duo-uncertain/

Not sure if Haz knows or just putting two and two together

Fremantle pair Harley Bennell and Aaron Sandilands are one injury setback away each from being forced into retirement, according to club great Paul Hasleby.

Bennell, 26, hasn’t played since Round 23, 2017 after being plagued by calf injuries since joining the Dockers at the end of 2015.

The former No.2 draft pick is edging closer to a return after sustaining another calf setback during a training session in April.

“I think there’s a watch with the Fremantle Dockers with Harley Bennell coming back to full training,” Hasleby told AFL Nation.

I think they’re pushing that a little bit just to see what happens, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he got another bad calf injury in the next week or two that they may make that decision.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

david hollins

Draftee
May 24, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
give crowden a game. 15 tackles in a game, half forward flanker just might help stop the ball coming out so quickly. Small raging bull. Or perhaps we just need a couple of more tall forwards that get in each others way and don't tackle and can't chase.

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
give crowden a game. 15 tackles in a game, half forward flanker just might help stop the ball coming out so quickly. Small raging bull. Or perhaps we just need a couple of more tall forwards that get in each others way and don't tackle and can't chase.

Give a try at running with LN, they match up well. He might learn something.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Do we have a team capable of finishing in the top 4, in the next 3 or 4 years? (Fyfe is 27, so will have 4 good year left)

FB: Wilson Hamling ????
HB: Logue A.Pearce Ryan
C: B.Hill Fyfe Langdon
HF: Walters Hogan ??
FF: Tabs McCarthy/Lobb ??
R: Lobb/Darcy Blakely S. Hill
Int: Tucker, Brayshaw, Cerra, ??

I still have question marks on Lobb? Is he a ruck or a forward? I don't think he is a forward.

Can McCarthy find his best form, and will improved delivery make him look better. I can't help but think if he played for the Eagles, he would be kicking 50 goals a year.

If we added two top class agile forwards to our forward line it would help a lot.

Our midfield depth is poor. Fyfe is pretty much our only A grade mid, while Stephen is injured. We need to hope that Cerra and Brayshaw can take a big step next year.

Do we chase the flag with 3 or 4 signings, or do we continue to build through the draft?

I believe if we get Cognilio and Martin in during the off season, than look at getting some top end class in the forward half either through trading or draft, we should finish top 4 next year.

I believe we should look at trading Darcy out, and Cox as they both have value and are not in the best 22.

Are we brave enough to trade our 2020 1st round pick, confident that we will rise up the ladder next year.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
My thoughts are that everything hinges on the quality of our football program, our sports science program and our gameplan and match day coaching. We can add whoever or whatever but until those things are at a suitable level, then it’s all for nought.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon long term Darcy returns to the best 22 and Taberner is pushed out. McCarthy despite at this point being a lesser player probably suits us more due to his mobility and skills.

We just don’t look mobile enough atm imo. We need to find medium forwards to go with our tall and small forwards. If it’s possible we’re both too small and too tall in the forward line atm. The club looks to already be thinking this having selected Sam Sturt with a first rounder last year.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon long term Darcy returns to the best 22 and Taberner is pushed out. McCarthy despite at this point being a lesser player probably suits us more due to his mobility and skills.

We just don’t look mobile enough atm imo. We need to find medium forwards to go with our tall and small forwards. If it’s possible we’re both too small and too tall in the forward line atm. The club looks to already be thinking this having selected Sam Sturt with a first rounder last year.
How good would Rozee look in purple? In all seriousness Henry sounds like a similar type, and Sturt once he puts
on some muscle, awareness.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chayce Black sounds like Rixx/Giro/Masten. Win the time trials, can’t win the ball.
Guys his height need to be elite in something footy related, on the lead, smarts, skills, tackling, etc. His old man could roost the ball.
We need small forwards like the one Geelong recruited, and in U18's, TAC, he had kicked plenty of goals.
The good thing is that they don't cost much, but are integral to forward lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back