Ysaye

Premiership Player
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Wasn't at the U18 game (WA versus Vic Metro) but I have watched the footage this morning. Just some initial thoughts / ramblings:

(1) Bianco - not familiar with watching him but just stood out as a player where there was some really good signs - I thought he was clean, ran both ways and displayed good skill and execution. Wouldn't surprise me if he is the one next year that everyone who had a pick in the top 10 says "why did we overlook him?". On my radar after that performance.
(2) Rowell - noticed him but not as much I thought I might. Still, would guess from what I did see that he has a huge workrate and probably had lots of possessions - probably no slippage there.
(3) Ruscoe - I know I said earlier in the week I thought it was 50/50% that he gets drafted but having said that I thought he showed enough to put himself into a very good position to be drafted (as a midsized backman / utility) if he can back that up. I just like his reading of the play and his defensive effort and he gets a lot of it.
(4) Garcia's showed some good skills on the run and he moves well both in and out of traffic which opens up a lot of roles at AFL level. Would be a nice pickup for some club in the 20s-30s.
(5) I really like the agility of (Luke) Jackson in the middle and around the grounds and together with his skills I just reckon he is what a lot of clubs will want with a modern ruckman. It felt like he played most of the game in the ruck, but he didn't seem to look that tired at the end of the day.
(6) I really like a lot of things about Robertson's game (huge work rate and got to a lot of contests, clean hands, good decisions) but is his speed (both movement and decision making) up to it at the next level? AFL is frantic and I just wonder if some of those handballs and / or kicks would not look as good under more pressure?
(7) Agree with those that said that Henry was trying to play from behind the man too much in the first quarter - when he fixed that up in the third he looked a lot better. He seemed a lot less vocal than other games I have seen him play in as well. Still, he tackled a lot and was good with his skills.
(8) LemmingMaster mentioned it too, but I was a bit disappointed with some of Sharp's efforts when his opponent had the ball; there was not the same level of intensity. There were some great kicks from him though (although there was also that moment when he drilled a pass to a player who then handballed it back to him on the run which he then kicked it out of the full under no pressure at all!).

MrDanggazz

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone interested in Callum Ah Chee ? Id be open to it, could be a good Ballas replacement in time as he is only 21.

Shoeless Joe

Draftee
May 22, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone interested in Callum Ah Chee ? Id be open to it, could be a good Ballas replacement in time as he is only 21.
Dont know much about Ah Chee..
What we all know is that we are desperate for a quick goalkicking small with X Factor

I thought Bolton may have been the answer but he needs to become more consistent

Bloody annoying that the flogs up the road have Rioli, Ryan,Pettrachelli and Cameron (showing good signs)

I think we need to trade for someone established whilst our window with Fyfie and Sonny is open

Ysaye

Premiership Player
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Dont know much about Ah Chee..
What we all know is that we are desperate for a quick goalkicking small with X Factor

I thought Bolton may have been the answer but he needs to become more consistent

Bloody annoying that the flogs up the road have Rioli, Ryan,Pettrachelli and Cameron (showing good signs)

I think we need to trade for someone established whilst our window with Fyfie and Sonny is open
We have to be a little careful about this - for all the flogs they have in terms of small forwards for 2019, Matera (18 goals) and Walters(19 goals) are well ahead of Cripps (14 goals) and Petrucelle (13 goals).

The reality is that Liam Henry is probably a small forward at AFL level to add to Switkowski as players not mentioned, and the year after that Joel Western is probably also a goal kicking small forward.

Having said that, I agree there is probably room for one more in the mix.

Hazelsnuts

All Australian
Sep 17, 2016
The beach
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Beach. AIK Stockholm
Bit of talk that Freo will make a play for Tim English at the end of the year.
Really, really like this if true.
Not sure how we get him, but a mobile (average) ruck that is a great mark, great kick and excellent below his knees shapes as a real plus if we could get him.
Essentially another mid - not a lumbering one.

Paracleet

We finally really did it. You maniacs!
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Assuming it's true of course if I was the dogs list manager I wouldn't even contemplate a deal this year unless we were offering ludicrous overs. E.g. Darcy and this and next year's first as a minimum.

They gain nothing from letting him go now.

Lach72

Bam!
Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Just as a thought, if we made a play for Tim Kelly that meant we gave our first and our second this year, how would we go about getting Henry in the door?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lach72

Bam!
Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Bit of talk that Freo will make a play for Tim English at the end of the year.
Really, really like this if true.
Not sure how we get him, but a mobile (average) ruck that is a great mark, great kick and excellent below his knees shapes as a real plus if we could get him.
Essentially another mid - not a lumbering one.
Assuming it's true of course if I was the dogs list manager I wouldn't even contemplate a deal this year unless we were offering ludicrous overs. E.g. Darcy and this and next year's first as a minimum.

They gain nothing from letting him go now.
Just as a thought, if we made a play for Tim Kelly that meant we gave our first and our second this year, how would we go about getting Henry in the door?
Assuming we were into Kelly and English, I'd get Kelly through the door this year, then use Darcy/our first next year for English

maccamk

All Australian
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
You can go into points deficit for 2020

Tayl0r

Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It will depend on when he is bid on.
If it's a first round bid then our first next season is reduced in value by the matching points.
If it's after the first round then our second next year will get incur the debt instead.

blue shark

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Alternatively, trade next year's first round for an extra one this year and draft Jackson.

Perhaps Darcy in a deal for Kelly.
This makes more sense, why would Dogs swap English who is leading their ruck for a ruck who hasn't
proved his reliability, unless both are homesick?
I also have no doubt that Darcy will be as good as Sandi long term, a decade long player.

Superkoops

Club Legend
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We’ll have to give up way too much for both. Unless say Darcy and Langdon are involved in some way with the Kelly and English trades - will require draft picks as well.

In reality we’re prob just keeping in contact with English and monitoring his situation. From what I’ve seen of both English and Darcy - English would have the higher value. Watching him in the WCE game he was awesome. Dean Cox came immediately to my mind. That’s not to say Darcy won’t be a good player he is more Mumford like.

I say offer our first round pick for Tim Kelly. Prob will be pretty close to pick 9/10 - ask for something back for the 3rd or 4th round. If that doesn’t work go to the draft and pick up a midfielder with our top pick and Henry with points accumulation. Effectively two first round picks.

dominguez

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
Trading Cox or Dixon is on the cards to get midfield depth or points or LH. I’ve not seen anything of Dixon but Duffield gave him a massive rap last year. Cox has shown enough to get a SA team to depart with a 2nd rounder I recon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you say they're worth? My guess is pick 30-odd for Cox and pick 50+ for Dixon.

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would Jarrod Pickett be worth picking up next year. Cost nothing from Carlton. Maybe late pick.
He is perma-injured. Not interested. Can go back through the WAFL for a couple of years to get another chance at it.

Top Bottom