Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This comment here from Raplhy, "They’ve got a host of players who still aren’t keen to re-sign, even though the form is rampaging", does it concern anyone? :/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 8.43.03 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 8.43.03 am.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 442
This comment here from Raplhy, "They’ve got a host of players who still aren’t keen to re-sign, even though the form is rampaging", does it concern anyone? :/

Smells like a poorly informed and uneducated look at our re-signings. It’s basically Ed Langdon. That’s the only worrying one. Everyone else important is locked away. Why would Stephen Hill leave now?

Why would Stephen Hill leave now?
He is at the age where an extra year on his contract signed now might not be offered at the end of a shorter deal. He needs to look after his long term interests and an extra season on $500,000 could be massive, especially if he is injured.

I'd offer him, Langdon and Blakely four year deals with the fourth years triggered by playing fifty games in the first three seasons.

He is at the age where an extra year on his contract signed now might not be offered at the end of a shorter deal. He needs to look after his long term interests and an extra season on $500,000 could be massive, especially if he is injured.

I'd offer him, Langdon and Blakely four year deals with the fourth years triggered by playing fifty games in the first three seasons.
Mostly agree.

Hill I offer two years guaranteed and third year based on number of games in the second year ie 10 or more.

Ralph isn’t the biggest flog but still a flog.

They make up stuff or guess or they get fed information from player managers who want to put pressure on clubs.

Hill would have had a number of offers from others but his manager is leaking information to get a longer contract.

Fatface Ralphy twisting things because the Stephen Hill stuff is legitimate. Billy never "looked" at Hawthorn, they just let him know that if he ever wanted to come back there would be a lengthy contract waiting for him. We could easily beat out GCS' offer especially if we attach post-playing career opportunities to it. I can't see money moving Stephen.

That shows you how easy it is to make stuff up, the BHill stuff a prime example; shaazzzzaam, and there it is, an article. Replete with "sources say..." and "reported to be considering...." and the like.

FWIW, as with most clubs, we are quite likely to lose a decent player via trades at the end of the year, and quite likely to get one in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where the F are Geelong hiding all this coin 😡View attachment 695841
That would have to be backloaded big time (to be behind Selwood, Hawkins, etc) and even then I suspect it would be at least 200k behind GWS and maybe 500k behind Carlton.

I think the LOLs on the Hawks board would be amazing if he went to Geelong (especially) or Carlton. Spewing we aren't in it though.

That would have to be backloaded big time (to be behind Selwood, Hawkins, etc) and even then I suspect it would be at least 200k behind GWS and maybe 500k behind Carlton.

I think the LOLs on the Hawks board would be amazing if he went to Geelong (especially) or Carlton. Spewing we aren't in it though.

Surely
I hope he stays put or goes to Carlton if rumours are true
As am I, I’ve been hoping we go after Duncan though

Spewing we aren't in it though.
Your not wrong . I wonder what the deal was there.
Was always a long shot but I gave us a chanc for the simple fact if he wanted home we were definitely in the best position to offer the most.
I know he definitely wasn’t a fan of freo growing up but surely we would’ve put a decent offer on the table for him.

Interesting tho if the eagles are still in it then Kelly’s definitely on the back burner with atm.
Which then means we’re obviously got to be a chance there-and if Geelong are in it then they’re not so confident of keeping Kelly.
Intriguing!

Ralph just punts on his opinions all the time. What a rubbish post, it's just click-bait and something to write about. As if we'd be worried about Brad Hill when he's signed until the end of 2021? WTF...

Was thinking about the trade strategy as I was looking at some threads on Hawthorn on the main board.

Hawks seem to give a pick for a player or a pick and a player for a player (Wingard/Burton lol).

Looking back at that 2016 draft trade period which saw us trade 3 down for 7 and McCarthy etc and also lose Mayne for Hill but gain Logue, Hamling, Darcy, Cox, Luke Ryan, McCarthy and Kersten....

Jesus....One likely all Australian BP, 5 first team KPP and Brad Hill in the one draft

Ralph just punts on his opinions all the time. What a rubbish post, it's just click-bait and something to write about. As if we'd be worried about Brad Hill when he's signed until the end of 2021? WTF...
i'm not worried about Brad, i'm worried about the out of contract players... Blakley, Langdon, and Hill specifically would leave massive holes in the list

i'm not worried about Brad, i'm worried about the out of contract players... Blakley, Langdon, and Hill specifically would leave massive holes in the list
I don't see Hill or Blakely leaving.
Langdon is 50/50, I can see a few clubs chasing him.

If he stays or goes, I really think we need to bring in 1 or 2 very good players, ideally a very good mid, and a very good small forward.

Fox sports talking up the Hill brothers. Thinking Brad Hill could ask for a trade back to Hawtborn due to partner being Victorian. Plus Stephen Hill hasn’t been resigned yet

Hmm. Career best form, agent calls up his media buddies - floats the idea Hill is thinking of going back to hawthorn and they’ve tabled a big $$$ offer

Comes to freo and says can you get near this deal?

Oldest trick in the book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back