Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

dec2c01c3f1d76d7f5b910174a9e4161.jpg

Sumich making a case for a Senior coaching job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going the O’Meara and Coniglio double package to Freo.

RFA and 1st round pick for the pair.

Clarkson also joins them as Head of Football with Lyon reporting into him.

If there's even an ounce of truth to the likely bullshit rumours about the Hill brothers, as well as Langdon being chased by various Vic clubs, wouldn't surprise me if Freo enquired about Brad Lynch from the Dogs. He re-signed last year until 2020, but has spent years on the Dogs list facing various random injuries. Has only managed a total of 9 games (all in 2018) but he seriously impressed with his kicking skills and speed. Has genuine x-factor too.

Dogs would be reluctant to let him go, but when players from interstate suffer from consistent injury problems, it often leads to them wanting to head home. Main reason I bring him up is because of the Dogs/Freo healthy trading relationship over the last few years. We'd get * all for him given he's speculative, but he's an exciting player and I'd love to see him getting consistent games on someone's list

If there's even an ounce of truth to the likely ******** rumours about the Hill brothers, as well as Langdon being chased by various Vic clubs, wouldn't surprise me if Freo enquired about Brad Lynch from the Dogs. He re-signed last year until 2020, but has spent years on the Dogs list facing various random injuries. Has only managed a total of 9 games (all in 2018) but he seriously impressed with his kicking skills and speed. Has genuine x-factor too.

Dogs would be reluctant to let him go, but when players from interstate suffer from consistent injury problems, it often leads to them wanting to head home. Main reason I bring him up is because of the Dogs/Freo healthy trading relationship over the last few years. We'd get **** all for him given he's speculative, but he's an exciting player and I'd love to see him getting consistent games on someone's list

no

If there's even an ounce of truth to the likely ******** rumours about the Hill brothers, as well as Langdon being chased by various Vic clubs, wouldn't surprise me if Freo enquired about Brad Lynch from the Dogs. He re-signed last year until 2020, but has spent years on the Dogs list facing various random injuries. Has only managed a total of 9 games (all in 2018) but he seriously impressed with his kicking skills and speed. Has genuine x-factor too.

Dogs would be reluctant to let him go, but when players from interstate suffer from consistent injury problems, it often leads to them wanting to head home. Main reason I bring him up is because of the Dogs/Freo healthy trading relationship over the last few years. We'd get **** all for him given he's speculative, but he's an exciting player and I'd love to see him getting consistent games on someone's list

I think Freo would probably rather hit the draft if we let Hill go - which I really doubt. As much as Hawthorn fans like to think we need to do them a favour, the asking price for him Wouldn’t be cheap. there’s a few top end WA kids there plus our academy kid in the draft that would be better for us than Lynch

I think Freo would probably rather hit the draft if we let Hill go - which I really doubt. As much as Hawthorn fans like to think we need to do them a favour, the asking price for him Wouldn’t be cheap. there’s a few top end WA kids there plus our academy kid in the draft that would be better for us than Lynch
Good point, with Darren Glass' nephew rising up the ranks, and Hill likely (and rightfully) to fetch a 1st rounder, it gives the opportunity to further stock up on midfielders since you guys seem set for KPPs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good assessment. Like your work.

Gee Giro’s young at age (2).

Which players are most likely to be cut at the end of 2020?

Giro, Crowden, ???
I'm not 100% across contract status but I think teams generally give players till about 22 or 23 to establish themselves as best 22 -25 before cutting so I think they are likely to be given a 1 year extension unless we've decided they are no chance. I think its likely we start drafting the minimum of three in 2020, and given we would likely be losing Mundy and be happy to cut Jones (if he's not cut this year) as well as well losing someone to more opportunity elsewhere, then I dont think they'll be fine for 2020

If nothing else, I am really interested to see what Kelly goes for in the end.

I really really rate him but his performances in Geelongs two losses raise a couple of question marks, he just goes missing when the team as a whole is down and is not someone you are going to turn to when the going gets tough. I'll be very keen to see how he goes in finals since he seems to be a bit of a downhill skier.

He also doesnt have the runs on the board other players going at his level have.

He is also uncontracted which has massive impacts on player trade value.

I wonder if 1 top 10 pick gets it done in the end or whether you would need that and a 1st-2nd round downgrade

"The Demons have gone public with their desire to recruit more class to their midfield and improve ball use inside 50 after a disappointing start to 2019."

Yep, that's Ed. Your first please. Seriously though, he is gone.

"The Demons have gone public with their desire to recruit more class to their midfield and improve ball use inside 50 after a disappointing start to 2019."

Why is he gone? I’d put a 550k 3 year deal in front of him. He’s required significantly if we were to go deep in finals. Apart from his kicking, he has speed and runs all day. If we lose Brad and Langdon. Heh we re doomed. Signed them all up now

Agree. Looks gone.

If we swapped Langdon for Martin, we would not lose a lot overall but we would miss his run and carry.

Such a pity Coniglio is not heading to us.

Why is he gone? I’d put a 550k 3 year deal in front of him. He’s required significantly if we were to go deep in finals. Apart from his kicking, he has speed and runs all day. If we lose Brad and Langdon. Heh we re doomed. Signed them all up now
Put contract off until end of year, normally means gone.

He delayed his contract talks to the back half of the season. Now it is post season. He also considered leaving last time. Read between the lines. Obviously not guaranteed until he officially requests, but we've been on the end of several expats coming home. Looks like it is going the other way this time.

Agree Billy becomes especially important now, which makes his potential trade worrisome.

Agree. Looks gone.

If we swapped Langdon for Martin, we would not lose a lot overall but we would miss his run and carry.

Such a pity Coniglio is not heading to us.

Langdon performs better than Martin does consistently. We will struggle big time to move the ball if we lose both Ed and Billy.

Why do people rate Jack Martin?

Other than being a highly rated concession pick he hasn't done anything to warrant being chased.

He goes missing alot with flashes of brilliances that seem to make people forget his lack of 2 way running.

For a bloke with 100 games to his name he is averaging what? 20 touches a game for his career?

Doesn't kick alot of goals either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back