Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking around other teams boards for gossip and found this on the Hawks:
----------

Spoke to my best mate's son a couple of weeks ago at the Tassie U18 game, who played with Hugh Dixon in juniors at Kingston. Seems that Hugh could be on the move at the end of the season even though he is contracted until end of 2020. I won't repeat what I was told exactly, but will say that a move back closer to home, could be in his best interests.

Apparently 4 Melbourne based clubs have shown interest, and we are one.

----------

Say it ain't so Huge! I could understand why he would want to move though. We've gone from being the easiest place to get a game as a KPF to one of the hardest (bar injuries) in 1 year.

That would be sad for us but I would also be happy for him if he gets to play AFL and I reckon he could be really good in a few years time which will fit the timing of other teams better than us potentially.

Tabs has been our best forward all season?
Surely he'd be in the team even with Lobb Forward. Lobb, Tabs, Hogan, Bennell, Switoswki, Matera as a forward line.
McCarthy/Cox are the ones stuck behind (I'd even look at trading Cox, he'd have a bit of value and just doesn't seem to give enough sh**'s for my liking - could be purely because of his laconic style though, I dont profess to know much about him.)

Trading Cox or Dixon is on the cards to get midfield depth or points or LH. I’ve not seen anything of Dixon but Duffield gave him a massive rap last year. Cox has shown enough to get a SA team to depart with a 2nd rounder I recon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think Neale would go to Brisbane yet here we are.

If we get Neale levels of compensation I'll drive him to the airport.
I wouldnt.

Losing a SA guy to a QLD club is one thing. Losing a WA kid?

We cant lose two good young midfielders two years in a row

Serious question and I'm probably being delusional here but its the end of next year and Cripps hasnt re-signed with it being well known he's had enough

What do you give up to bring him in?

Cerra, two firsts with a second coming back?

That's as high a price as has been paid since Judd I'd argue but I'd do it in a heartbeat. Dont think we could physically offer much more.
I reckon West Coast in hindsight easily won that trade....
So that at least gives you my position on your scenario

On T10(E3C6) using BigFooty.com mobile app

All speculation as he is Mates with Weller and Langdon. Blakely will string a series of strong performances to pump up his price before he signs.

If what they are saying bout us losing Langdon but picking up martin I will wet myself

I reckon West Coast in hindsight easily won that trade....
So that at least gives you my position on your scenario

To be fair, my suggestion is still a long way from that trade.

Assuming the two picks we give up are in the teens and a 2nd round from Carlton would be in the low 20s (high teens even)...

You wouldnt do Cerra, 12 and 14 for Cripps and 20?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what is happening with Brad Hill? I remember hearing he he was unhappy with his current remuneration and wanted more.

Although he’s under contract and Freo don’t have to do anything. I think his recent performances show how important he is. We have seen with Lachie Neale if the players will move even if they are under contract. Best to slip him a bit more and keep him happy.
Maybe people should just learn to honour the contracts that they sign & AGREE to?

To be fair, my suggestion is still a long way from that trade.

Assuming the two picks we give up are in the teens and a 2nd round from Carlton would be in the low 20s (high teens even)...

You wouldnt do Cerra, 12 and 14 for Cripps and 20?
I'm just preaching caution. Be careful what you wish for because on face value you'd do that trade and feel confident about it but on the flip side Cerra could become the player everyone rates better in 10 yrs time.
Of course my words are just that. Nothing a crystal ball can't fix (now where did I leave that bastard?) ;)

I didn't think Neale would go to Brisbane yet here we are.

If we get Neale levels of compensation I'll drive him to the airport.
The Neale trade came from nowhere. McClure broke the news post season - I didn’t hear any rumours at all prior to the McClure scoop. Also Weller was even more from nowhere. Literally caught everyone off guard in the middle of trade week.

I do think there is smoke with the Langdon rumours. Some of the VIC clubs have been into his managers ears for a number of years.

Jack Martin and Ed Langdon would be around equal trade value.

The Neale trade came from nowhere. McClure broke the news post season - I didn’t hear any rumours at all prior to the McClure scoop. Also Weller was even more from nowhere. Literally caught everyone off guard in the middle of trade week.

I do think there is smoke with the Langdon rumours. Some of the VIC clubs have been into his managers ears for a number of years.

Jack Martin and Ed Langdon would be around equal trade value.
I'm not a Jack Martin fan, but he is easily more talented than Ed and if we somehow manipulated this trade it would be a net win for us.

Really want to see how the Darcy/Lobb combo goes this year.

I'm in two minds with Darcy at the moment. I'm thinking the future of ruckman is your more mobile types, ie not Darcy.

If your ruckman is too good in the ruck your opposition just concede the tap battle and prepare to shark and/or defend. If they do this and your ruckman isn't effective around the ground then they become somewhat of a liability.

Darcy needs to show us he is more than just a tap ruckman. Still think he needs to lose another 5-10kg to gain better mobility. If opposition rucks aren't worried about Darcy impacting around the ground they'll run off him and he'll get torched around the ground.

What's Tim Kelly's price tag at the moment in terms of trade value? If he wins the Brownlow how much does it go up.

He's uncontracted, but maybe he looks after Geelong by saying he'll go to whichever WA club gives Geelong the best deal.

How much money are we willing to offer to make him choose us over WC?

What's Tim Kelly's price tag at the moment in terms of trade value? If he wins the Brownlow how much does it go up.

He's uncontracted, but maybe he looks after Geelong by saying he'll go to whichever WA club gives Geelong the best deal.

I think you have answered your own question with the Brownlow hype, but Fyfe should be our highest paid player.
800 grand for four or five years should tempt anyone, which is what probably Neale wanted/got offered hclose too.
If you want to win premierships you need at least 6 A graders in the team, read that on the Hawks board so I think
they maybe on to something?

The better he plays, the less the eagles are able to pay him. They have a lot more stars atm & Darling is out of contracted and sought after. As much as he’s a scapegoat goat, they won’t wanna lose him with Kennedy not far off done.

Depends what Kelly and his manager decide. If he’s open to both clubs legitimately, then we are probably a better fit with more midfield time available etc & also a better pick to offer up. but you get the feeling it’ll be eagles, they would have to part with Brander you would think though.

Geelong - Freo trafe
Kelly for our first pick & ? Out of contract so hard to judge what else.

Geelong - WCE trafe
Kelly for a 2nd and Brander?

It’s really hard to judge value with his contract

If I was Kelly, id extend a year or 2 and try win a flag there.

Hey guys,

Love the way Freo are playing this year.

Big Geelong fan here.

Regarding, Tim Kelly, will Freo have a chance to pick him next year if he decides to move again? Why did he not want to move to Freo last year? Did you guys burn him and/or have those bridges been mended? Feels like he would elevate your midfield as a fast/strong inside mid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back