Status
Not open for further replies.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mate, they are the reasonable ones, a lot of their board reckon he’s worth a 2nd round pick at best.

I read a lot of the other boards. Hawks are the most arrogant by a long way but a lot of the Saints peeps just have no idea about how this stuff works. The same ones that think Hill is a 2nd think they are getting a first plus change for Steven. They are nice guys (one or two exceptions) but their is a disproportionate amount of numpty on that board.
There are a lot on all the different boards that have no idea.

Look Jack Stevens did Geelong no favours yesterday but there will be a discount of some sort due to health related reasons. Early to mid second round pick is his value for mine. Only one team in play. St Kilda got Hannebery for around second round pick.

BHill based on form (2017 Doig, and even better 2019 season), reported contract terms and multiple Vic teams showing interest will at the very least be an early 1st (and change - ie. third rd pick) aka Lachie Neale or a mid range first and another later first aka Bryce Gibbs.

Nufties just need to be referred to precedence. Heaps of previous trades of similar value.

Jebus18

Debutant
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah i read about 2 pages on their board and couldn’t go on, its crazy how some just have no idea
Mate, they are the reasonable ones, a lot of their board reckon he’s worth a 2nd round pick at best.

I read a lot of the other boards. Hawks are the most arrogant by a long way but a lot of the Saints peeps just have no idea about how this stuff works. The same ones that think Hill is a 2nd think they are getting a first plus change for Steven. They are nice guys (one or two exceptions) but their is a disproportionate amount of numpty on that board.

Been reading these boards for years but only posted a couple times but reading the Brad Hill page on the dnt is it me or saints fans extra stupid?
An amazing number of them are seemingly yet to get over their change of coach 8 years ago and have an obsession. It’s funny yet sad.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
An amazing number of them are seemingly yet to get over their change of coach 8 years ago and have an obsession. It’s funny yet sad.
You can add Harvey (new art. out today) and Watters to that list. I hear Shorten was also looking to use Lyon as an excuse and the All Blacks too; something about affecting the playing surface.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
With Sandi's retirement and presuming Lobb will play mainly forward next year are Jones or Meek going to make it as backup to Darcy or do we target another AFL experienced ruck not getting a game (like Eagles did with Hickey) or draft Jackson as the project ruckman

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
With Sandi's retirement and presuming Lobb will play mainly forward next year are Jones or Meek going to make it as backup to Darcy or do we target another AFL experienced ruck not getting a game (like Eagles did with Hickey) or draft Jackson as the project ruckman

I like the idea of targeting an experienced ruck.
Zac Smith maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes, I think this is a good idea. Darcy will play 200+ games but he is still a couple of years away from carrying the ruck. I like the idea of a late career ruck who can handle a lot of the heavy lifting in 2020 but is old enough so that when Darcy is ready he won't be too much of a road block.

I thought a guy like Ryder would be good for a season or two, but Joao reckons Ryder is already past it.

Of course getting the late-career guy doesn't stop you getting a young ruck as well. If Jones and Meek aren't going to make it that we should just rip the band-aid and move on.

Hazelsnuts

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2016
The beach
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Beach. AIK Stockholm
Yes, I think this is a good idea. Darcy will play 200+ games but he is still a couple of years away from carrying the ruck. I like the idea of a late career ruck who can handle a lot of the heavy lifting in 2020 but is old enough so that when Darcy is ready he won't be too much of a road block.

I thought a guy like Ryder would be good for a season or two, but Joao reckons Ryder is already past it.

Of course getting the late-career guy doesn't stop you getting a young ruck as well. If Jones and Meek aren't going to make it that we should just rip the band-aid and move on.
Quite like the idea of Paddy Ryder - not a popular opinion - but he could fill a need to assist Darcy and Lobb for a couple of seasons.
Really versatile and still has a good leap

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I do like the idea of Ryder coming in for a couple of years at the expense of Jones. Darcy & Lobb 1st choice with Ryder as back up & Meek gets another year to see if there is a future with a developing Jackson if possible. At least if 1 of Darcy & Lobb go down there is someone who knows what they’re doing to come in.
Will prob need to give him 2 years though.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wouldn't be against a state league guy or DFA IF we know they'll be better than Jones next year. I'd only be interested in bringing in a player via trade if dirt cheap tbh.

We have our best 22 ruckman imo. Some want Jackson and I'd be fine with that too but he can't be expected to step up for 2-3 years.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
I do like the idea of Ryder coming in for a couple of years at the expense of Jones. Darcy & Lobb 1st choice with Ryder as back up & Meek gets another year to see if there is a future with a developing Jackson if possible. At least if 1 of Darcy & Lobb go down there is someone who knows what they’re doing to come in.
Will prob need to give him 2 years though.
Don't think Ryder will go anywhere in the last 2-3 years of his career unless he is No 1 Ruck so if we get him then Darcy will probably crack it and want to be traded.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't think Ryder will go anywhere in the last 2-3 years of his career unless he is No 1 Ruck so if we get him then Darcy will probably crack it and want to be traded.
Depends on where he wants to end up personally. WA might be appealing & 2 years might get it done. Security is important at his age & I don’t think there are many clubs where there’s a #1 ruck spot open. Maybe Saints, but they’re after everyone apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back